ADVERTISEMENT

Baltimore riots...

This is exactly why black people get so frustrated when we see the words "animal" and "thug" thrown around when people of color riot and there was barely any mention when the events below happened.

I think that everyone agrees that the actions of those few hundred teens in Baltimore are indefensible, but the way that some ppl in here are trying paint the picture that the majority of that community acts that way is simply inaccurate.

Lastly, the poster that said he was passed up for a promotion because of affirmative action is full of shit. Affirmative action doesn't work that way.

After the Sab Francisco Giants won the World Series.
original.jpg
san-francisco-giants-fan-destroys-bus.jpeg
san-francisco-giants-world-series-2102-4.jpg

After a surf competition in Huntington Beach.

hb-riot.jpg
hbriot.jpg

After Kentucky's National Championship win.

29906170001_1541895764001_0401dv-kentucky-riot-400x300.jpg
040312-CBK-Kentucky-riots-PI-3_20120403161005373_660_320.JPG
lexington_tap120331014353_620x350.jpg

So yeah. There are instances. And none of these got the recognition or the vitriol that the Baltimore or Ferguson riots have. No one is calling them thugs and animals. No one is saying like someone in this thread said that they wish they would shoot them all.

But hey maybe that's because sporting events are a more worthy cause to destroy property and riot over multiple instances of police brutality and murders of black individuals. Sporting events over humanity sounds about right these days.

No, I am using my personal experiences like others on this board to state my displeasure on what is going on in our country. I haven't ever rioted because of unfair treatment, but I have voiced my opinioned and never backed down from my principles.
Then I feel like I should tell you the back of the guys shirt said "Black Lived Matter" not "Black Panthers".

Please, feel free to continue with your unbiased assessment of the current situation in Baltimore...

This is exactly why black people get so frustrated when we see the words "animal" and "thug" thrown around when people of color riot and there was barely any mention when the events below happened.

I think that everyone agrees that the actions of those few hundred teens in Baltimore are indefensible, but the way that some ppl in here are trying paint the picture that the majority of that community acts that way is simply inaccurate.

Lastly, the poster that said he was passed up for a promotion because of affirmative action is full of shit. Affirmative action doesn't work that way.

There were people on this very board, including myself, that were calling them exact same names for when the riots broke out in Kentucky. White, black, or indifferent.

And oh yes it does. When you reach the senior enlisted ranks, a certain percentage of promotes must be minority.

When I had to do my quarterly EO surveys, I had to list how many minorities were promoted against whites.

Not going to go too far into this, but had a thought on the comparing the coverage of the current riots and the ones shown above after the sporting events...the Baltimore riots (and Ferguson, etc) were newsworthy and under watchful eyes already...before all hell broke loose. Remember, these protesters, the legit, peaceful ones, are actively trying to get media attention for their cause. These places were swamped with news crews and cameras from around the free world. Hence, much more coverage. As for the people in the sports riots pics..thugs and animals.

This take is so discouraging to me. Do you honestly think that everyone is dealt the same hand? You and I, rest assured, had it easier growing up than these kids have had it. Lots of middle class folks were born on second base, yet they think they hit a damn double. These kids were born in the batter's box with an 0-2 count. Think. Think.

I think everyone was dealt the same hand as it comes to the power to make a choice. The excuses that are made over and over for destructive behavior say, "These kids didn't have a choice. If you only knew their circumstance. If you only understood their anger. If you only understood their plight." The only thing that can change their circumstance, anger, plight is the only power some of them were given, the power to choose. The power to choose is enough!

Reactions: avengermg73
Then I feel like I should tell you the back of the guys shirt said "Black Lived Matter" not "Black Panthers".

Please, feel free to continue with your unbiased assessment of the current situation in Baltimore...

Oh the irony in his shirt then. I would respect him more if it was a Black Panther shirt. He doesn't mind burning Black family business and communities.

Do you even know why I continue to argue my point. It isn't because I am racist, it is because I care. I care what happens in this country. I care about the lives of each individual citizen of this great country. I am passionate about ever one being treat equally and making excuses to why they do this is going to change anything. I am passionate about the people that have served our country to protect from outside terrorist, only to have domestic terrorist/animals/thugs try to destroy what I was taught to believe.

I don't get the racist cries either. It drives me nuts that people actually think that will change. Most blacks will always be racist, and most whites will always be racist. That's not illegal. It's fantasy land to think that racism will cease. Since the beginning it's been that way. People will always be different. We have to get along, but we don't have to like each other. MOST not ALL Black will always feel a little slighted and think they are owed something, Most and certainly not all white dads will never let their daughter date a black guy. That will never change man. I hate when people act surprised to see racism still exist.. It always will. It's not illegal to be racist. It's stupid, it's uneducated and it's just not cool, but certainly not illegal. Im only 30 so I never lived back then to see segregation, obviously. This world has been racist since we had different race, but we think it will end in just 50 years? I told my wife last night, that in 100 years from now, blacks still won't like whites to a degree, and it will be the same with whites. But I can't stand to hear someone act as if they've never made a judgment on a black guy, or a white guy. Or they act is if they are shocked we don't all really like each other.. That blows me away. If you grow up white, you've heard and said racist jokes, don't particularly like blacks. Don't have a problem with them really, just don't hang out with them. Same for blacks, don't really like white people and can tolerate them, but certainly not hanging out with white boys. Although there are exceptions, it's certainly not the rule. I just feel like everyone is in denial about where we are and what we will always be. The racist card is the biggest joke ever. Everyone is. Period.

^wise man you are. violent riots are wrong, police brutality is wrong and the government support of welfare of those who dont try to better themselves is wrong. We need to fix the problems at the root instead of trying to place blame on a certain group. More gov aid should go to organizations that bring the poor out of poverty instead of into imprisonment.

First of all, as a retired cop, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, then it's a muther****ing duck! That applies to me and every other person on this planet. You cannot change that for better or worse. The goddamn press and the DUCKS that were brought in to stir this shit up are the one's that should be lined up! We are all being played and we just keep letting the "establishment" play us! I give up!

I don't get the racist cries either. It drives me nuts that people actually think that will change. Most blacks will always be racist, and most whites will always be racist. That's not illegal. It's fantasy land to think that racism will cease. Since the beginning it's been that way. People will always be different. We have to get along, but we don't have to like each other. MOST not ALL Black will always feel a little slighted and think they are owed something, Most and certainly not all white dads will never let their daughter date a black guy. That will never change man. I hate when people act surprised to see racism still exist.. It always will. It's not illegal to be racist. It's stupid, it's uneducated and it's just not cool, but certainly not illegal. Im only 30 so I never lived back then to see segregation, obviously. This world has been racist since we had different race, but we think it will end in just 50 years? I told my wife last night, that in 100 years from now, blacks still won't like whites to a degree, and it will be the same with whites. But I can't stand to hear someone act as if they've never made a judgment on a black guy, or a white guy. Or they act is if they are shocked we don't all really like each other.. That blows me away. If you grow up white, you've heard and said racist jokes, don't particularly like blacks. Don't have a problem with them really, just don't hang out with them. Same for blacks, don't really like white people and can tolerate them, but certainly not hanging out with white boys. Although there are exceptions, it's certainly not the rule. I just feel like everyone is in denial about where we are and what we will always be. The racist card is the biggest joke ever. Everyone is. Period.

holy shit. what kind of backwards ass place did you grow up in. speak for your damn self man, those bolded statements do not apply to the overwhelming majority of people in this country... honestly, holy shit.

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

^^I live in the real world buddy. Where everyone I work with and know, has a form of racism. If you read correctly, Most not all. Most white people I know are racist to a degree. Most Black people I know, are racist. Maybe I should live in la la land where you came from, but i'm honestly glad I don't. I'm just telling the truth Brother.

holy shit. what kind of backwards ass place did you grow up in. speak for your damn self man, those bolded statements do not apply to the overwhelming majority of people in this country... honestly, holy shit.

I wasn't touching that one. Some ****ed up people OTB...

What say you to it is not enough for me to stand before you and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contigent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say today that language of the unheard.

What say you to it is not enough for me to stand before you and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contigent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say today that language of the unheard.
http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2015/04/2...etnam-vet-who-stood-between-rioters-and-cops/

Dr. King

Hey Transference, Good to know I "Got You". Still working on "iceheart".Don't really have to much time to devote to him right now! Hey Ice, how's Guiliana working for you about now?

Hey ice. I'm going to send this to you and then I will leave you alone. I am assuming you know the definition of being manipulated. I really do respect you as a poster on TI and appreciate your opinion. Don't play games with me and I will respond in kind. Black white red or tutu pink, we are all in this together and in the end as the saying goes" TOGETHER WE STAND.......DIVIDED WE FALL! Right now we are letting Them Divide Us!

original.jpg

hb-riot.jpg
hbriot.jpg

So yeah. There are instances. And none of these got the recognition or the vitriol that the Baltimore or Ferguson riots have. No one is calling them thugs and animals. No one is saying like someone in this thread said that they wish they would shoot them all.

But hey maybe that's because sporting events are a more worthy cause to destroy property and riot over multiple instances of police brutality and murders of black individuals. Sporting events over humanity sounds about right these days.

Looks like a bunch of thugs and criminals.

^^I live in the real world buddy. Where everyone I work with and know, has a form of racism. If you read correctly, Most not all. Most white people I know are racist to a degree. Most Black people I know, are racist. Maybe I should live in la la land where you came from, but i'm honestly glad I don't. I'm just telling the truth Brother.

no no @Tiger Guru, i repeat, you live in a backwards ass place. Maybe you are speaking the truth relative to the backwards ass place that you live.

If everyone you know is racist, you should move. Most is more than 50%. so your post stands for your opinion that MORE than 50% of the US is racist. that more than 50% of white dads wont let their daughters date black guys, that more than 50% of white guys dont like black guys and more than 50% of black guys will always be a victim, and they also dont like white people.

Thats some backwards shit. I dont know a SINGLE person who wouldnt let their child date another person based solely on their skin color. not a single one. And i know people from all over the country and in all walks of life. i guess you are the first...

Just for the record, I don't come from your town. I don't have your friends. Mine are apparently a little more open minded.

I allowed my son's brain to be opened and operated on by a black surgeon. Not once. Twice. In fact, Dr. Ben Carson was the ONLY surgeon I wanted operating on my son. If I am willing to trust my son's life to a black man, why wouldn't I allow my daughter to date a black man?

The issue is Baltimore is all about race. It is about what has transpired there with the prisoner who was in police custody when he died. Now does anyone really think that (no matter how bad of a fellow Freddy may have been) he wasn't treated harshly by white Baltimore policemen? Does that fact that it came just a few days after what happened in North Charleston have an impact? You bet.

Did anyone else see the article recently in the Tampa Bay Times that noted the police crackdown on bicycle riders there? Oh, 90 percent of the stops were blacks in that area. Ninety percent? Think that's coincidence or do you think that Tampa Bay police might be a little heavy handed on the black community?

Again, I am not justifying the behavior we saw in Baltimore, North Charleston, Ferguson, Watts, etc. but I think we as a nation have to recognize that minorities are not being treated equally in many, many situations. And people's patience with being second-class will last only so long. Let's all resolve to help end discrimination and injustice when we see it.

Hey ice. I'm going to send this to you and then I will leave you alone. I am assuming you know the definition of being manipulated. I really do respect you as a poster on TI and appreciate your opinion. Don't play games with me and I will respond in kind. Black white red or tutu pink, we are all in this together and in the end as the saying goes" TOGETHER WE STAND.......DIVIDED WE FALL! Right now we are letting Them Divide Us!

@JamesD7, I agree that we are letting "them" divide us. In this instance the "them" is the media.

Overwhelmingly people in Baltimore protested peacefully. Over 10,000 people showed up yesterday to peacefully display their utter contempt and displeasure with the way young black males are treated as the enemy by their police forces. The media is sensationalizing a tiny portion of the aggrieved folks and showing footage of them burning cars and buildings over and over and over. Those people should be punished according to the law. But we cant lose sight of what got the 10k+ peaceful protesters into the streets. These are real issues that need to be addressed WHILE we address the crimes committed against the people of baltimore by the police AND by the gangs destroying the community.

This isnt necessarily directed at you @JamesD7. But people ITT know the history of the word animal relative to collections of young black men. They know the charged past of the term animal, how black people were associated with monkeys. These are facts that everyone ITT is likely to know. Yet people insist on using the term. That makes them either assholes, who are willfully ignoring a term's history and feel the need to say it to assert their right to not be politically correct (which is the equivalent of proving their penis size) or racists who are knowingly using the word BECAUSE of its history. This is why people are continuously called racists ITT. If you dont want to be called an asshole or a racist, choose a word that isnt deliberately offensive. like criminals. gangs. assholes. douchebags. ignorat F*cks. f*cktards. idiots.

11017493_449740798525506_29414416798803166_n.jpg

Last edited:
I am always surprised by some of the stuff I read on this board but wow, this thread has been a roller coaster ride for sure. For some I really don't see how you can sit in the Valley and cheer on a team of mostly young black men, I really don't. And to be clear looting and rioting in Baltimore or after the Giants world series is despicable and gets nothing accomplished and the criminals in both cases should pay the price.

u misinterpreted the point genius... I mean that the same kids who u are calling "animals" wouldn't be animals in Clemson,Sc because they would be living in a much more stable environment compared to North Philly/West baltimore

So h
original.jpg

hb-riot.jpg
hbriot.jpg

And everyone of those dumbasses are the same as the Ferguson people and the Baltimore people. Want to know the difference though? The media did not go and cover this at all that i recall? Wanna know why? Because there was not a race situation that started all of it? No agenda to push. No divisions of people to talk about. Anyone that goes out and destroys other people's property for no reason is an animal and a menace. The country does not need these types of people. Be them white, black, pink, blue, or yellow.

For all the posters who say that people should know the difference between right and wrong, or environment isn't an valid excuse for the outcome of a person.... how about u have kids, drop them off in a impoverished trailer park and have them raised by two met addicts.... come back when they are 18 and let's see how productive they are in society

this is ABSOLUTELY GOLD. Its satirizing the media's coverage of Baltimore et all.

and just how would you know what the overwhelming majority of people in this country think? and you know people from all over the country and from all walks of life.....what is the population these days? 300 million.. You are about as smart as these stupid gifs you post. you know maybe 1000 people max...and I'm being generous, CNN surveys have a broader target group...and we know how finely-honed m CNN is.....you are nothing but a knownothing, opinionated turd-with-ears (TWE) who does not have the testicles to take the bar exam because be knows he would fail..get yourself a 1987 Dodge Caravan.....suits you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT