ADVERTISEMENT

Charleston Shooting Victims Families Receiving 29 Million

Before opening this thread I thought citizens raised 29 million to help. It seems the gov't did it for them. Not sure how I feel about this.

How does the govt come up with that number? Is there a formula for number of deaths, family members, cost of living or some other method? Or are they throwing darts at random numbers and going with whatever gets pinned? Just curious.

Nice lead in title to get our interest. But as the link says, the federal government is not cutting each family a $3 million check.

I know families that have been the victims of tragedies & they never got a dime from the govt...why is this different? It's sad, no doubt, but that seems like an insane amount of dollars to me

Reactions: Earle36
do all families get money when someone in the family gets killed. if not and I was one of those families I would be suing the gov. for my share.

why are these families so different than anyone else, I think we all know the answer to that and why did Obama feel the need to speak at a funeral of someone he didn't know. Obama called him Clem. I didn't hear anyone else who spoke call him Clem not even his own family members. Clem, you don't know me

do all families get money when someone in the family gets killed. if not and I was one of those families I would be suing the gov. for my share.

why are these families so different than anyone else, I think we all know the answer to that and why did Obama feel the need to speak at a funeral of someone he didn't know. Obama called him Clem. I didn't hear anyone else who spoke call him Clem not even his own family members. Clem, you don't know me
Everyone called him clem

good thing all you guys read the article.

also, nice to see @Ron Munson participating intelligently.

Maybe if you realized they are not expediting the money for the families of the military casualties...

I am all for financial support in this situation but if the government is doing it in this case why can't they do it for military families? This president is all about political agenda...he has proved it again during this tragedy...every action has been an agenda. Sad

Again...all that being said I love the way the families, this church, the charleston community have all handled this. It has been a breath of fresh air...our government...not so much

Provides: 1. Aid for victims of terrorism and expanded OVC’s authority to respond to incidents of terrorism outside the United States and of terrorism and mass violence occurring within the United States;
Yep meets the definition. We have had soo much Domestic Terrorism they put a grant in place to compensate the victims. Whoooo knewwww!!!!

I noticed that no mention of the church burnings of which 3 have been determined to be arson. Very quiet about that. I'm just saying.
XCUDB

Provides: 1. Aid for victims of terrorism and expanded OVC’s authority to respond to incidents of terrorism outside the United States and of terrorism and mass violence occurring within the United States;
Yep meets the definition. We have had soo much Domestic Terrorism they put a grant in place to compensate the victims. Whoooo knewwww!!!!

I noticed that no mention of the church burnings of which 3 have been determined to be arson. Very quiet about that. I'm just saying.
XCUDB

The one close to Aiken a few days ago (Warrenville - Glover Grove Church) has been ruled as 'undetermined cause' as of a couple hours ago by SLED. Just providing a local update here.

Reactions: scartiger
Iceheart is each family member not getting $3,222,222 a piece?

huh? is this a troll? i literally re-read the article to make sure I didnt miss something. but nope, you just made that up?

This, according to the article, doesnt come close to a chunk of change per person...
"An unspecified portion of the money, allocated under the government's national Crime Victim Assistance Formula Grant program, can be used to provide services to the families of victims of the shootings at Emmanuel AME Church"

I understand the KKK has applied for a license to march to the SC Capitol July 18th. We will see plenty of those flags that people are proud of on that day.

XCUDB

Reactions: emajor2
On this date several years ago my daughter was murdered in front of dozens of witnesses. Very public and very violent. The state provided me with some limited professional emotional support and some group support to the witnesses. There was no financial support. I paid all funeral expenses and soon I had to return to work. While I feel assistance would have helped soften the immediate impact at some point you have to deal with it internally. The amounts mentioned certainly seem way overboard.

On this date several years ago my daughter was murdered in front of dozens of witnesses. Very public and very violent. The state provided me with some limited professional emotional support and some group support to the witnesses. There was no financial support. I paid all funeral expenses and soon I had to return to work. While I feel assistance would have helped soften the immediate impact at some point you have to deal with it internally. The amounts mentioned certainly seem way overboard.
Wow man...so sorry for your loss & my prayers are with you! I could not begin to imagine what you & your family have been thru.

Why did the President of the United States

Goodness man. You're really making yourself look stupid.

A) It's widely known that President Obama knew Senator Pinckney before his murder.

B) Are you really questioning why The President of The United States of America spoke at a state Senator's funeral after he was murdered in an act of terrorism?

C) Did it also bother you that The President spoke at Beau Biden's funeral?

D) On a scale of 1-10 how pissed will you be when the CBF comes down?

E) When you refer to African Americans, you refer to them as "blacks" don't you?

F) Do you think Obama is a Muslim?

G) Do you fall asleep watching Fox News every night?

Ok... I think thats enough for now.

Reactions: IMBlessed
A) It's widely known that President Obama knew Senator Pinckney before his murder.

Obama admitted in his eulogy that he didn't know Rev. Pinckney well at all. He met him in a similar quick manner that he met all of the church elders on that stage Friday.

Reactions: blewis7 and Earle36
Maybe if you realized they are not expediting the money for the families of the military casualties...

I am all for financial support in this situation but if the government is doing it in this case why can't they do it for military families? This president is all about political agenda...he has proved it again during this tragedy...every action has been an agenda. Sad

Again...all that being said I love the way the families, this church, the charleston community have all handled this. It has been a breath of fresh air...our government...not so much

Iceheart generally disappears when tough questions like this are asked.

Reactions: Earle36
I understand the KKK has applied for a license to march to the SC Capitol July 18th. We will see plenty of those flags that people are proud of on that day.

XCUDB

You mean the american flag? Because the KKK has been known to fly that one very often.......

Im pretty sure the fort hood shooting families are pretty upset with this right now. They have been fighting and still are (I believe) to have that shooting classified as a terrorist act, however Obama and the Feds will not classify it as that. Therefore they recieve no such benefits. The shooting in charleston certainly classifies as a terrorist act, but what is the difference between this and fort hood? They declared that as "work place violence".

Wow... I agree with the poster above who said military families have to be outraged. Yes, I feel sorry for the families, but military members pay for their SGLI and the cap is $400k. This really makes me sick and currently is a recurring theme with our gov't.

So sorry about that. Prayers sent. Crazy how so many feel throwing money at people will make them feel better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT