ADVERTISEMENT

Donald Trump

Is what "The Donald" said true?? Is John McCain not a war hero??

If he is then every POW is, has and will be. McCain managed to get very, very, very rich while a Senator. It wasn't from his salary. I'm not a fan of McCain or ANY old mainstream GOP member. They're as Liberal as the Left on big Government.

Respect him for being POW but has been a moderate Republican and has been a disappointment as a Senator. They all seem to come out of Washington as very wealthy people. Harry Truman once said if you go to Washington poor and leave there rich...then you are a crook. Says a lot.

Imagine if Obama said it or if I Hilary said it. No one would be giving them a pass. Just be honest. We'd be killing either of those two period.

None of the people I mentioned ever put it all on the line like he did. Even if he was a coward he still did more in joining the armed forces period than either Obama, Clinton or Trump ever did. He deserves respect in that category especially from people who live and rise in the very comfort that the men and women who serve provide. End of conversation.

Wow... are repubs really just going to let that dog walk? Unbelievable. What a circus show.

So does McCain get a pass for labeling anyone against illegal immigration "crazies". I'm not a Trump guy, but like him or not, he is polling aroun 20% in most polls due to his stance on illegal immigration. senile ole phuck McCain, who wants to go to every war in the world because of his connection to defense lobby, gets away with calling millions of Americans "crazies" because they see the dangers illegal immigration bring to the future of this country. Trump should not have said what he said, and hopefully be gone soon, but McCain can eat $hit as far as I am concerned.

Donald Trump is an embarrassment not just to the Republican party, but to America. And any person who actually would support him for president is also an embarrassment.

Regardless of whether you like John McCain the politician, he is the definition of War Hero. Before being shot down in Vietnam he had flown dozens of successful bombing strikes over enemy territory. Upon being shot down he was tortured and had his shoulders crushed by rifle buts as they tortured him but he never submitted. He also was offered early release for publicity reasons because he had a famous father, but he refused to leave captivity until every prisoner taken before him was released first. He continued to suffer and be tortured for years until the war ended.

Where was Trump during all of this? He was too busy living high on the hog thanks to his rich father, continually seeking college and medical exemptions from the draft. After he had graduated he sought medical exemptions for a simple bone spur in his foot, while McCain lie in a Vietnam prison camp with life threatening injuries after serving his country bravely.

Donald Trump is a P.O.S. He isn't qualified to know what the definition of War Hero is, and he is even less qualified to be President.

I like him calling people out on the systematic bullshit. I hope it changes the way things are handled, but you never know

If he is then every POW is, has and will be. McCain managed to get very, very, very rich while a Senator. It wasn't from his salary. I'm not a fan of McCain or ANY old mainstream GOP member. They're as Liberal as the Left on big Government.

FWIW, McCain's father and grandfather were USN admirals during their careers. One was CINCPACFLT (can't remember which one).

As for Trump, I want him to continue to stir the pot; hopefully it will force the career politicians on both sides to actually go on record regarding issues Trump comments on.

Wait, are people actually insinuating that John McCain got rich from bribes while in office? Do people not realize who he is married to?

I am not a fan of many of McCain's political stances and I thought he ran one of the worst presidential campaigns in recent memory, but the man is probably the most honest and respected politician in DC.

IMO, he is everything the Republican party should want to be from values to sound policy work (even if you don't 100% agree with it, the man can get things done). Trump is going to blow up any chance a Republican candidate had in this election by pandering to fringe elements of the party.

McCain is like all the rest of the bloated Washington political machine they stay too long and take too much while accomplishing too little. They do next to nothing and kick the real problem cans on down the road. This political leech is going to be 80 years old when he runs for reelection to his 6th term as a us senator.

2 terms is a generous lot for these career politicians in the senate and or house. A 3rd bush and a second clinton running for president is embarrassing, even if either was a worthy candidate.

i'm a life long republican but that is just ridiculous. i don't like obama at all, but it could be much much worse.
If you think Obama loves this country you have your head in the sand. Have flags lowered for Charleston and not for the 5 Marines that fights to protect our freedom should tell you everything you need to know but I'm sure it want people are so blinded now days.

If you think Obama loves this country you have your head in the sand. Have flags lowered for Charleston and not for the 5 Marines that fights to protect our freedom should tell you everything you need to know but I'm sure it want people are so blinded now days.
Has it ever occurred to you that you're equally as blinded by your disdain for the man?

this idiocy, that one side loves america and another doesn't, that you love this country and the president doesnt, that you love this country and that I dont is literally what's ruining this country. I said this to you in the last thread you posted this idiocy, but if a "lack of respect" as you said is what is ruining this country, this idea, and you, are at the forefront of it.

this idiocy, that one side loves america and another doesn't, that you love this country and the president doesnt, that you love this country and that I dont is literally what's ruining this country. I said this to you in the last thread you posted this idiocy, but if a "lack of respect" as you said is what is ruining this country, this idea, and you, are at the forefront of it.
IDIOT^^^

Donald Trump, as successful as he's been in business, has no place in politics. Sure, he's actually speaking out against some issues that real politicians should work on. But calling all Mexicans illegal and calling out McCain is dumb.

I'm pretty conservative but even I realize the value of the melting pot that the United States is. I understand the issues of illegal immigration but there are many legal migrants from our southern borders that the GOP NEEDS to win this next election.

I think it was California that just published a report that Hispanics outnumber all other race now. Not that California would ever turn red but the stats are telling. Hispanics will be a HUGE decisive voice in the coming election and to call them out like Donald Trump did is NOT the way to win the Presidency.

Yea, McCain is a war hawk and more than likely on the take. Actually, he's 100% on the take.

Reactions: Earle36
I dislike the man, I dislike his politics, I dislike the people who typically vote for him. But yes, I do think he loves his country, I think he believes his efforts can make the world a better place, and I applaud his efforts to do so. I feel weak leadership on his part, especially concerning interparty cooperation has greatly tarnished his presidency and that he has accepted that. I feel the greatest threat to this country, much more than "pussy leaders" is the vilification of intellect. There are many inellectual assaults that can be made on the man's record and his philosophies, but the insistence of Republican's to mount their defense from a position of stuborn ignorance instead... that is a great threat to the continued greatness of our country.

A prime example would be global warming. Carly Fiorina, who I do not particularly like, was brilliant on this issue recently. She engaged democrats from an intellectual standpoint on global warming, saying that if it is happening, we can't correct it without China's cooperation, they aren't ready to cooperate meaningfully, and that trying to correct it ourselves would cripple our and the world's economy for nothing. A panel of the world's best economists came to that same conclusion a decade ago, and that money could be better spent solving other problems. Now isn't that more satisfying then saying the scientists are a bunch of atheist tree huggers.

Of course that man loves this country.

No need for you and me talk cause want correspond on any political topic in my opinion. I do like pulling your chain though.

scartiger can't see the forest for the trees. You are getting blinded at skin deep and this game goes so much deeper, buddy. It's way too easy to point at the man in office and say things like "...where this country is going under lack of leadership.", but that entire premise is farcical. This country "is going" the same place it was going before Obama and the same place it will after, no matter who is sitting in the Oval Office. Presidential leadership has minimal impact, in the grand scheme of things, on the social tendencies and tenets you, and many others, do not like or agree with. I'm so tired of people using that cop out.

scartiger can't see the forest for the trees. You are getting blinded at skin deep and this game goes so much deeper, buddy. It's way too easy to point at the man in office and say things like "...where this country is going under lack of leadership.", but that entire premise is farcical. This country "is going" the same place it was going before Obama and the same place it will after, no matter who is sitting in the Oval Office. Presidential leadership has minimal impact, in the grand scheme of things, on the social tendencies and tenets you, and many others, do not like or agree with. I'm so tired of people using that cop out.
Who appoints the Supreme Court Judges?

I like Trump
I wish he would let on a plan of success instead of bashing and telling us the other candidates are useless. We know that

Reactions: scartiger
No idea on McCain but Trump is doing one great service for the Republican party:

All of the liberals are talking about Trump. They aren't focused on any of the other candidates. He is effectively flying "Wild Weasel" for the rest of the candidates!

Before Obama, I used to say that.

You're right, though, his isn't a game. The deafening silence is going to explode soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT