ADVERTISEMENT

Donald Trump

Wait, are people actually insinuating that John McCain got rich from bribes while in office? Do people not realize who he is married to?

I am not a fan of many of McCain's political stances and I thought he ran one of the worst presidential campaigns in recent memory, but the man is probably the most honest and respected politician in DC.

IMO, he is everything the Republican party should want to be from values to sound policy work (even if you don't 100% agree with it, the man can get things done). Trump is going to blow up any chance a Republican candidate had in this election by pandering to fringe elements of the party.[/QUOTE

These "fringe groups" blew up the elections FOR the GOP in 14'. McCain is old guard Republican that has systematically voted for large Government over the past 25 years. That's not what these "fringe groups" want.

At the start some people sounded like they disagree that John McCain is a war hero? WTF? The man was tortured for five and a half years by the Vietnamese after getting shot down doing like his 45th mission over enemy territory. Hate his politics, I don't care about that. But if you think he isn't a war hero GTFO...

Say what you want about Obama(and I often do), you could have asked him if McCain was an American hero any day for the like 10+ years and he wouldn't have hesitated to say of course. I knew Trump would offend people but I never thought he would piss me off with something he said. I was very wrong

Donald Trump is an embarrassment not just to the Republican party, but to America. And any person who actually would support him for president is also an embarrassment.

Regardless of whether you like John McCain the politician, he is the definition of War Hero. Before being shot down in Vietnam he had flown dozens of successful bombing strikes over enemy territory. Upon being shot down he was tortured and had his shoulders crushed by rifle buts as they tortured him but he never submitted. He also was offered early release for publicity reasons because he had a famous father, but he refused to leave captivity until every prisoner taken before him was released first. He continued to suffer and be tortured for years until the war ended.

Where was Trump during all of this? He was too busy living high on the hog thanks to his rich father, continually seeking college and medical exemptions from the draft. After he had graduated he sought medical exemptions for a simple bone spur in his foot, while McCain lie in a Vietnam prison camp with life threatening injuries after serving his country bravely.

Donald Trump is a P.O.S. He isn't qualified to know what the definition of War Hero is, and he is even less qualified to be President.
And which one of the other idiots in the race is more qualified?? From what I've seen, Trump is a helluva lot more qualified than what we currently have in the White House!

"IMO, he is everything the Republican party should want to be from values to sound policy work (even if you don't 100% agree with it, the man can get things done). Trump is going to blow up any chance a Republican candidate had in this election by pandering to fringe elements of the party."
---------------------------------------------------------------

When Transference approves of a republican, that should tell you all you need to know about it. Now we need Iceheart's McCain endorsement to officially write him off.

And which one of the other idiots in the race is more qualified?? From what I've seen, Trump is a helluva lot more qualified than what we currently have in the White House!
Re-read the second sentence of my first paragraph. Any of the other candidates would be a better choice. And there are some I think very, very little of.

At the start some people sounded like they disagree that John McCain is a war hero? WTF? The man was tortured for five and a half years by the Vietnamese after getting shot down doing like his 45th mission over enemy territory. Hate his politics, I don't care about that. But if you think he isn't a war hero GTFO...

Say what you want about Obama(and I often do), you could have asked him if McCain was an American hero any day for the like 10+ years and he wouldn't have hesitated to say of course. I knew Trump would offend people but I never thought he would piss me off with something he said. I was very wrong

Some people cannot see the forest from the trees. They cannot separate the politician from the human being. If McCain is not a war hero, then what is a war hero? I would love to buy the guy a beer and talk military stuff with him. His experience makes him is so unique among most veterans.

I feel sorry for some people. If a person's opinion is different from yours, they are despised and hated. Says more about that person than it does about McCain.

Re-read the second sentence of my first paragraph. Any of the other candidates would be a better choice. And there are some I think very, very little of.
Honestly, I don't give a shvt...at least he has some balls about him, something apparently no one in Washington has anymore...

Obama has brought this country to the brink of collapse & this world to the brink of war...if we're gonna go down, might as well have someone in office who'll go down swinging...Trump would!

Reactions: wta21080
Does anyone think Trump is really going to run? I mean he usually does this right before a book comes out. I don't think he has any real aspirations of being president. I know it would be nice for his ego but when it really comes down to it & he thought he might actually be president he would withdraw.

Reactions: SWUtigers
Donald Trump is an embarrassment not just to the Republican party, but to America. And any person who actually would support him for president is also an embarrassment.

Really all that needs to be said about it.

Would probably just not vote if he was the Republican Nominee. Certainly wouldn't vote for him. Probably would go 3rd Party likely Libertarian. It would be a trounce either way unless Sanders wins the Democratic Nominee, which he won't win.

I agree with Trump on part of what he said about McCain, being a POW will make anyone a hero, what he did outside of being a POW I don't know what he did to be called a hero.

I'm still waiting on these same big mouths to call McCain out on his comment about the people who showed up in support of Trump. They have the right to support who ever they choose without being called crazies.

Also, all those Trump is running against, those are the same one's who have been in officer for many years and have put us/country in the position we are in today by the policies they vote for and support. They continue to pass laws supporting borrowing money, raising the debt, and allowing illegals to stay in the country and doing NOTHING about it.

Now they want to say the can fix the problems they have been a huge part of making. Why haven't they being doing something in the past or why have they pass or supported the laws that have gotten us here, instead of waiting on an election year to say they can fix their own problems.

Give DT a shot he can't do any worse than Obama and these Republicans who have got us where we are today.

I agree with Trump on part of what he said about McCain, being a POW will make anyone a hero, what he did outside of being a POW I don't know what he did to be called a hero.

I'm still waiting on these same big mouths to call McCain out on his comment about the people who showed up in support of Trump. They have the right to support who ever they choose without being called crazies.

Also, all those Trump is running against, those are the same one's who have been in officer for many years and have put us/country in the position we are in today by the policies they vote for and support. They continue to pass laws supporting borrowing money, raising the debt, and allowing illegals to stay in the country and doing NOTHING about it.

Now they want to say the can fix the problems they have been a huge part of making. Why haven't they being doing something in the past or why have they pass or supported the laws that have gotten us here, instead of waiting on an election year to say they can fix their own problems.

Give DT a shot he can't do any worse than Obama and these Republicans who have got us where we are today.

McCain could have been released after about six months because his father was a USN admiral....he chose to remain a prisoner....Trump got something like 4 student deferments to avoid Vietnam,

Reactions: cp1275

I can't believe what I am reading from some of you... actually, sadly I can. You think the "only" thing he did to be called a hero is be captured? Why? Because that's what Trump said? It just goes to show that you form opinions based on little to no real research of the issues. That's the only way any of you could come to the conclusion that Donald Trump would be anything other than a disaster and an embarassment to our country.

John McCain had flown two dozen successful bombing raids into enemy fire BEFORE being shot down. In fact, he wasn't even scheduled to fly the day he was shot down but begged to go out anyway. The more raids he flew, the more likely it was he would be shot down. In fact, it was inevidable. But he volunteered for additional runs anyway.

When he was shot down, he had two broke legs and a broken arm. He landed in a lake and used his only functioning limb to float. He was pulled out and was stripped and tortured by the North Viatnamese. They stabbed him in his feet with bayonets and crushed his shoulder in multiple places with repeated blows from their rifles. He can't raise his arms to this day. They then tortured him for 4 days in the worst way imaginable where he refused to give them any info, including his name, because he didn't want to be used as leverage against his country because his dad was a Navy Admiral. He knew that doing so may cost him his life, but still he refused to put his country or his father in a compromised position.

Eventually they found out who he was through other means and offered him early release as a bargaining ploy. He instead refused to leave captivity until every single POW taken before him was granted release. He went on to rot and nearly die in a tiny cell of starvation and disease and continued torture where his mended bones were rebroken continually. He could have used his daddy to bail him out like Trump did, but instead he was willing to give his life, or even worse - endure torture, for his fellow soldiers and his country instead.

That, my friend, is a hero. Not some silver spooned, draft dodging, ego maniac driving around NYC in his Dad's limos partying it up in Manhattan night clubs during the same time. That's what Trump was doing while McCain endured torture and refused release from North Viatnamese torture camps.

Politics aside, John McCain was a War Hero by any definition... That's something Donald Trump knows nothing about & evidently neither do you.

I can't believe what I am reading from some of you... actually, sadly I can. You think the "only" thing he did to be called a hero is be captured? Why? Because that's what Trump said? It just goes to show that you form opinions based on little to no real research of the issues. That's the only way any of you could come to the conclusion that Donald Trump would be anything other than a disaster and an embarassment to our country.

John McCain had flown two dozen successful bombing raids into enemy fire BEFORE being shot down. In fact, he wasn't even scheduled to fly the day he was shot down but begged to go out anyway. The more raids he flew, the more likely it was he would be shot down. In fact, it was inevidable. But he volunteered for additional runs anyway.

When he was shot down, he had two broke legs and a broken arm. He landed in a lake and used his only functioning limb to float. He was pulled out and was stripped and tortured by the North Viatnamese. They stabbed him in his feet with bayonets and crushed his shoulder in multiple places with repeated blows from their rifles. He can't raise his arms to this day. They then tortured him for 4 days in the worst way imaginable where he refused to give them any info, including his name, because he didn't want to be used as leverage against his country because his dad was a Navy Admiral. He knew that doing so may cost him his life, but still he refused to put his country or his father in a compromised position.

Eventually they found out who he was through other means and offered him early release as a bargaining ploy. He instead refused to leave captivity until every single POW taken before him was granted release. He went on to rot and nearly die in a tiny cell of starvation and disease and continued torture where his mended bones were rebroken continually. He could have used his daddy to bail him out like Trump did, but instead he was willing to give his life, or even worse - endure torture, for his fellow soldiers and his country instead.

That, my friend, is a hero. Not some silver spooned, draft dodging, ego maniac driving around NYC in his Dad's limos partying it up in Manhattan night clubs during the same time. That's what Trump was doing while McCain endured torture and refused release from North Viatnamese torture camps.

Politics aside, John McCain was a War Hero by any definition... That's something Donald Trump knows nothing about & evidently neither do you.
you tell it man.....with your last ounce of energy. Bra...fucddding...vo.

It's amazing McCain can be such a great war hero and such a sucky politician.

Reactions: SWUtigers
This is what I don't like about the primary system.

Basically the more right wing (or left wing to a certain extent) the more likely you are to win the primary because primary voters are a lot like posters ITT, so you end up with 2 candidates that 15% of the population on each side thinks is great and 70% of the population thinks are terrible and then in the general election the choices are between:

turddouche.jpg

McCain still is a big part of the problem we are in today with his votes in congress and bills he supports. He also has no right to be calling those people crazies because they support Trump.

No one said he wasn't a war hero but I still can't think of a thing he's done outside of the war to be called a hero.

Last edited:

IMHO anyone that serves in the military is a hero. War Heroes are obviously soldiers that fought in the war BUT heroes, to me, are any man or woman that put their lives on the line so I can live in safety from homeland attacks. The one thing I do like about Trump is he will say what ever he wants. Do I think he would make a good POTUS? No. But I like those guys that say things and do not care what others think about them. The only thing is that when a person has a mouth like Trump he is eventually going to walk through the shit he talks lol.

Trump is a real estate developer born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He was not afraid to take financial risks beyond his means and then look to Bankruptcy to bail him out...corporate welfare of sorts.

the only reason he says these outlandish things that people give him credit for vocalizing is because his ego is so huge he cannot exercise critical thinking skills regarding the quality of his own thoughts.

He is really an idiot with a limited skill set revolving around commercial real estate development.

So most people agree that McCain is a war hero and Trump should not have said what he said, but only the truly rational people are willing to take McCain to task for calling millions of people who disagree with illegal immigration "crazies". Got it, some peopleare allowed to criticize others while some get taken to task for it.

One guy is a senator for the state of Arizona and one is running for president. Guess which one's comments will get more scrutiny.

I dislike the man, I dislike his politics, I dislike the people who typically vote for him. But yes, I do think he loves his country, I think he believes his efforts can make the world a better place, and I applaud his efforts to do so. I feel weak leadership on his part, especially concerning interparty cooperation has greatly tarnished his presidency and that he has accepted that. I feel the greatest threat to this country, much more than "pussy leaders" is the vilification of intellect. There are many inellectual assaults that can be made on the man's record and his philosophies, but the insistence of Republican's to mount their defense from a position of stuborn ignorance instead... that is a great threat to the continued greatness of our country.

A prime example would be global warming. Carly Fiorina, who I do not particularly like, was brilliant on this issue recently. She engaged democrats from an intellectual standpoint on global warming, saying that if it is happening, we can't correct it without China's cooperation, they aren't ready to cooperate meaningfully, and that trying to correct it ourselves would cripple our and the world's economy for nothing. A panel of the world's best economists came to that same conclusion a decade ago, and that money could be better spent solving other problems. Now isn't that more satisfying then saying the scientists are a bunch of atheist tree huggers.

Of course that man loves this country.

Filthy zionist mossad puppet?
Yeah, definitely antisemitism there. I think your can separate antisemitism and antizionism but he made no effort. Oh, Trump is not a candidate. I know what the polls are, but it will ever happen. Thank God.

John McCain Navy Man - Served & Defended Our Country - Hero & as a veteran I am offended that some silver spoon privileged person would question his heroism! Donald Trump & his kind - Rich White Dudes Run This Country & Most have allowed their greed to severely hurt it! I served & will defend to my grave A man like Lt. John McCain for his service to our country. Is Lt. McCain a Hero - Hell Yea - But I would never vote for him! Question is - Is Donald Trump A True American? I know He, The Donald, Is Not A Hero!!!

Is what "The Donald" said true?? Is John McCain not a war hero??

McCain and all POWs are heroes period. Any individual who has spent more than a minute in the armed forces is a hero.

Trump is a national embarrassment. I can't believe he can lead the polls regardless of how usless they are at this stage of the process.

The Republican Party needs a serious makeover if it wants to compete for the White House regularly and Trump isn't doing them any favors.

Reactions: Baytripper1
Imagine if Obama said it or if I Hilary said it. No one would be giving them a pass. Just be honest. We'd be killing either of those two period.

None of the people I mentioned ever put it all on the line like he did. Even if he was a coward he still did more in joining the armed forces period than either Obama, Clinton or Trump ever did. He deserves respect in that category especially from people who live and rise in the very comfort that the men and women who serve provide. End of conversation.

There is a big difference in respect for serving and being a WAR HERO. Mccain served his country and was a POW. Lets get rid of the sacred cows. I would vote for Trump in a minute over the other choices except for maybe Rand Paul. Trump is a proud American with common sense and he like many others can look at what is happening and very easily see that something is and has been very wrong. Lets send someone in there that will look out for this country. Like Trump also said, Mccain is much more interested in defending borders in the middle east than the US southern border. Trump is an outsider and the media will demonize him.

There is a big difference in respect for serving and being a WAR HERO. Mccain served his country and was a POW. Lets get rid of the sacred cows. I would vote for Trump in a minute over the other choices except for maybe Rand Paul. Trump is a proud American with common sense and he like many others can look at what is happening and very easily see that something is and has been very wrong. Lets send someone in there that will look out for this country. Like Trump also said, Mccain is much more interested in defending borders in the middle east than the US southern border. Trump is an outsider and the media will demonize him.
All we are talking about is McCain being a hero, not his politics. And you say there is a difference between respecting service and being a hero...

Well he was shot down after some ungodly number of missions over enemy territory. He wasn't even supposed to be flying that day but volunteered to go. When he was shot down, he was badly injured captured and tortured on a daily basis. His father secured his release from the Vietnamese after six months but refused to leave his fellow POW's since they were not being released. This caused him to spend 5 additional years as a POW being tortured.

This has all already been posted by @1Clemzunfan but if you know everything I just said and you don't view John McCain as a war hero then I am truly disturbed.

Reactions: Baytripper1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT