ADVERTISEMENT

Few thoughts...

mcsmith1980

Valles Marineris
Gold Member
Jan 7, 2004
First, really proud of this team. Exceeded my expectations this year. In August, if 9-3 was the predicted record I wouldn’t have argued that much. To win the ACC and get to the CFP was an A for me. Congrats to the players, coaches and program.

Second, I think the best is still ahead. I don’t buy that we only won because of DW. Dabo and his staff have built a sustainable program not just a team. Winning the ACC and reaching the CFP every year are realistic goals. Just remember back to the West and Bowden years when we all would have given a body part to just once have a chance to play for an ACC Championship.

Finally, in order for us to consistently win at the CFP level, which is to say become Alabama, we have to improve OL recruiting. This is one area we have not recruited at an elite level year over year. While a player such as DW can overcome such shortcomings against elite DLs. Having the ability to fully, effectively run our offense starts on the OL. Dabo is always ahead of the game so he knows this. Hopefully, Jackson develops into a high quality OL and we start obtaining elite level OL consistently. More than just one a year.

The best is still ahead! All In! Go Tigers!

Reactions: Cbur31
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News