ADVERTISEMENT

Flood gates have been opened

scartiger

Woodrush
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2010
Not trying to start a religious or political thread but to those that said in the thread last week that it wouldn't happen well it took less than a week. 18 year old girl wants to marry het father and have children. Man in Montana is going to sue caused the law is about marriage equality. Has one wife now wants to marry a second wife ( like one isn't to many already ) just a matter of time before these laws.are past also.

Not trying to start a religious or political thread but to those that said in the thread last week that it wouldn't happen well it took less than a week. 18 year old girl wants to marry het father and have children. Man in Montana is going to sue caused the law is about marriage equality. Has one wife now wants to marry a second wife ( like one isn't to many already ) just a matter of time before these laws.are past also.

Not bloody likely.

to be quite honest, the only thing that concerns me there is the inbreeding, not that I agree with any of it either. I do disagree with your assertion that it is just a matter of time. I do not think the boy has taken his finger out of the dike. (I'll just leave that last part alone). I know this is a big deal to you because of the discussion last week, and I do not want to start that up again because I do understand your concern with the whole matter. I guess I just do not see being gay and wanting to live an open life as much of a problem as you seem to. I have just known too many people that it has effected. I think the real issue is if it is nature or nurture (born or choice). If we disagree on that, we will not see eye to eye I guess, so I will just respect your opinion.

Just let 'em do what they want to do. What's so hard about that?

the real question is what does the SCOTUS opinion do to gun regulation and conceal carry permits. At its core the opinion essentially stated that a State cannot infringe the rights granted under the Constitution with a law due to the 14th Amendment...ie: "My marriage license is valid in Massachusetts so it should be legal in South Carolina because of the 14th Amendment and stuff" well ............... "My guns and conceal carry license granted under the second Amendment are valid in South Carolina so they should be legal in Massachusetts because of the 14th Amendment and stuff"

I fully support the SCOTUS' opinion, and personally believe any firearm outside of a shotgun or rifle for hunting and a revolver should be banned, but when you look at teh legal language of the opinion, they really opened a can of worms.

Nothing wrong with either except the inbreeding that would occur.

They don't have to be married for inbreeding to occur.

Ya I dont get the inbreeding counter argument. I didnt F my sister because it was against the law ....I didnt F her because thats my sister and thats disgusting. Are these people insinuating that they are thinking i their own heads "Boy, if it wasnt against the law Id totally bang my sis!" ....really??? Come on!!!!!! ;)

the real question is what does the SCOTUS opinion do to gun regulation and conceal carry permits. At its core the opinion essentially stated that a State cannot infringe the rights granted under the Constitution with a law due to the 14th Amendment...ie: "My marriage license is valid in Massachusetts so it should be legal in South Carolina because of the 14th Amendment and stuff" well ............... "My guns and conceal carry license granted under the second Amendment are valid in South Carolina so they should be legal in Massachusetts because of the 14th Amendment and stuff"

I fully support the SCOTUS' opinion, and personally believe any firearm outside of a shotgun or rifle for hunting and a revolver should be banned, but when you look at teh legal language of the opinion, they really opened a can of worms.
Very interesting... I had not thought of it that way in relation to gun laws. As I recall, and I need to go back and review it, I don't think they really addressed the question of whether a law in one state had to be recognized in another. That was one of the two points being argued, but it was my recollection that by ruling that denying marriage rights for gay people unconstitutional at a federal level, they didn't have to address the state law issue, which was much more sticky and set a precedent for many other issues. Again, I could be mistaken and want to state that upfront. Anyone know off the top of your head if what I recall is correct?

I guess they believe they have a right by law now that they have a legal right now cause of the ruling last week that they can marry. Who knows?

Ya I dont get the inbreeding counter argument. I didnt F my sister because it was against the law ....I didnt F her because thats my sister and thats disgusting. Are these people insinuating that they are thinking i their own heads "Boy, if it wasnt against the law Id totally bang my sis!" ....really??? Come on!!!!!! ;)

No, they are saying that these people are saying, "boy if it wasn't against the law I'd marry my sister" if they are already banging her. Its a nonsense argument to compare it to gay marriage but the original statement was about marriage.

Very interesting... I had not thought of it that way in relation to gunderstand laws. As I recall, and I need to go back and review it, I don't think they really addressed the question of whether a law in one state had to be recognized in another. That was one of the two points being argued, but it was my recollection that by ruling that denying marriage rights for gay people unconstitutional at a federal level, they didn't have to address the state law issue, which was much more sticky and set a precedent for many other issues.
Exactly the point I was trying to make last week. So many can of worms the Supreme Court open up we all could go fishing for a lifetime with.

Reactions: OTR/Tiger
I guess they believe they have a right by law now that they have a legal right now cause of the ruling last week that they can marry. Who knows?

Its a silly argument because the two aren't the same. People are born gay. You aren't born polygamous and incest is a completely different matter because of the potential real physical damage done to offspring.

Reactions: Howard's Jock
Very interesting... I had not thought of it that way in relation to gun laws. As I recall, and I need to go back and review it, I don't think they really addressed the question of whether a law in one state had to be recognized in another. That was one of the two points being argued, but it was my recollection that by ruling that denying marriage rights for gay people unconstitutional at a federal level, they didn't have to address the state law issue, which was much more sticky and set a precedent for many other issues. Again, I could be mistaken and want to state that upfront. Anyone know off the top of your head if what I recall is correct?

Think of it more from the issuance of a marriage license rather than the marriage ceremony/right, and the gun argument becomes more sticky.

The story of the father and daughter marrying is sick. They were separated at birth then met online when she was 18. But hey we live in a country where anything goes. Before you know it people will be marrying their pets.

Its a silly argument because the two aren't the same. People are born gay. You aren't born polygamous and incest is a completely different matter because of the potential real physical damage done to offspring.
We have to agree to disagree on the born argument. But the point I was trying to make is since that ruling people will now try to have any and everything pass for their agenda or what makes them happy.

Reactions: OTR/Tiger
We have to agree to disagree on the born argument. But the point I was trying to make is since that ruling people will now try to have any and everything pass for their agenda or what makes them happy.

Seems to me that opposite-sex marriages started this whole landslide then.

Reactions: scartiger
Smiling, you know I love u but what scientific evidence do you have that you can point to that shows people are born gay but not born with a predisposition for polygamy or incest?

I do think that the slippery slope we have been on as a culture just became more steep and fast. The fact that some see nothing wrong with incest is disturbing. Also, has anyone noticed all the "tongue in cheek" references in movies and TV to people have sexual encounters with animals. It truly is amazing that what the media can get us to laugh at, it will only be a matter of time before we accept as mainstream.

Smiling, you know I love u but what scientific evidence do you have that you can point to that shows people are born gay but not born with a predisposition for polygamy or incest?
because if being gay was a choice, then YOU could wake up one morning and say to yourself " ya know what? I really feel like sucking a dick today"

I don't think anyone can prove that anymore than you or I can prove that we were born straight.

The story of the father and daughter marrying is sick. They were separated at birth then met online when she was 18. But hey we live in a country where anything goes. Before you know it people will be marrying their pets.

th

Its Happening!!

I do think that the slippery slope we have been on as a culture just became more steep and fast. The fact that some see nothing wrong with incest is disturbing. Also, has anyone noticed all the "tongue in cheek" references in movies and TV to people have sexual encounters with animals. It truly is amazing that what the media can get us to laugh at, it will only be a matter of time before we accept as mainstream.

Stop. There have been some people in the world that have always committed incest. Literally from the first humans. That doesn't make it ok or mean that its going to be legalized and comparing gay marriage to incest is absurd and idiotic. As for animals, again just stop. I'll make you a deal. As soon as an animal is legally able to sign a legally binding contract, we'll both legitimately worry about that.

Reactions: Howard's Jock
because if being gay was a choice, then YOU could wake up one morning and say to yourself " ya know what? I really feel like sucking a dick today"

John Boy and Billy used to do a skit with Mad Max talking about what would compel a man to wake up one morning and say "You know what I want today? I want a big ole hairy butt!"

You need to stop watching Fox News and just live your life.

Reactions: Smiling_Tiger
Also, here is something to consider:

Has SCOTUS Created a Way to Get Around the Estate Tax?
By Vel Nirtist

Sometimes, at a most solemn moment, a most irreverent thought shoots through the mind. When I heard that the US Supreme Court legalized gay marriage, my thought was "I wonder what the estate tax lawyers will make of it?"

How about advising a terminally ill widowed grandma to marry her much-beloved granddaughter at the deathbed? Won't the estate pass to the surviving spouse intact? I'm not a lawyer, but I think it will -- without IRS getting the bite out of it as would happen now.

And it would be very hard to have a sound legal argument against such marriage. Isn't it born out of love? Absolutely. But doesn't it go against the prohibition of marriage with a blood relative? But this prohibition is rooted merely in the very same authority that also prohibits the same-sex union, and hence could survive juducial review if litigation results.

The law of unintended consequences may work to surprising effect. The very people who are today repelled by the court's decision may come to embrace it as a tool of keeping their wealth in the family; the government that is now elated with the court's decision, may yet come to rue it when US Treasury's estate tax revenue dwindles.

It's a brave new world out there. One wonders how the lawyers will navigate and harness it.

I know plenty of people who were married to the opposite sex had children with them then decided that they were "born gay". Never heard of a hetero person getting into a homo relationship and then deciding they were "born straight". Yes, I've heard all of the arguments that homosexuals marry the opposite sex out of societal pressures, but I can assure you, that even in a bizzarro universe where homo would be the norm, this boy could not/would not marry some dude. Also, there are plenty of former homosexuals that have been helped out of that lifestyle through counseling and go on to live a happy hetero life and have children. Just saying that there is no definitive proof that homosexuals are born that way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT