ADVERTISEMENT

for all you liberals who want amnesty for illegals

Though I think I'm going to regret this, I'll bite.

Honestly, I'm gonna guess that none of the liberals on this board support full amnesty for undocumented people. So I'm curious who this is even directed at?

Never mind the very simple fact that under any scheme discussed or proposed a person who has been deported in the past will never be eligible for expedited procedures.

Personally, I believe in expanding the seasonal work visas available to Mexico and Canada and providing a path to citizenship for undocumented folks already here who satisfy some set of criteria. We live in a global society, whether you want to believe it or not. In the long run, keeping Mexicans out of america is a losing proposition.

Borders are so 1650 :)

Last edited:
Believe it or not, Ice, I agree with most of what you say here. Borders are not passe, however, at least in my view. It all has to do with sovereignty. There are certainly plenty of Mexicans here that should be given a chance to become citizens, even though they came here illegally. They've been here so long and have become productive and otherwise, law abiding. Doing this without first securing the border is asking for trouble, however. These so called "Sanctuary Cities" like San Fran are just plain idiotic and will reap what they sow. Cannot imagine being the parent of that young woman and watching this thug gun down my daughter in cold blood. I would sue the pols in that city for wrongful death and make them pay for such an idiotic policy.

Though I think I'm going to regret this, I'll bite.

Honestly, I'm gonna guess that none of the liberals on this board support full amnesty for undocumented people. So I'm curious who this is even directed at?

Never mind the very simple fact that under any scheme discussed or proposed a person who has been deported in the past will never be eligible for expedited procedures.

Personally, I believe in expanding the seasonal work visas available to Mexico and Canada and providing a path to citizenship for undocumented folks already here who satisfy some set of criteria. We live in a global society, whether you want to believe it or not. In the long run, keeping Mexicans out of america is a losing proposition.

Borders are so 1650 :)
Orangelvis is exactly right...how would you feel if instead of SF that guy decided to travel to Denver and your wife and child happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time? Borders are so passe. Ask the citizens of Isreal. You should have come of age in the 1850's. You'd have made a great....and I mean gigantic.....member of the Know Nothing party.

welcome to Obamamerica
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...undreds-immigrant-murderers-drunken/?page=all
Any of that can be handled when or if there is a serious discussion of the real immigration problem. I watched Rudy G last night talk about feds that deported cooks in NYC rather than felons while he was mayor. Then I just heard Lou Dobbs speak about it. He has been following the immigration problem since 1980. Lou noted Ted Kennedy, John McCain and several big business organizations worked in a bipartisan movement to get us where we are today which IMO is insane.
When liberals and big business get together with "moderates" trouble is usually near.

Any of that can be handled when or if there is a serious discussion of the real immigration problem. I watched Rudy G last night talk about feds that deported cooks in NYC rather than felons while he was mayor. Then I just heard Lou Dobbs speak about it. He has been following the immigration problem since 1980. Lou noted Ted Kennedy, John McCain and several big business organizations worked in a bipartisan movement to get us where we are today which IMO is insane.
When liberals and big business get together with "moderates" trouble is usually near.
I think Lindsey G goes in that group as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT