ADVERTISEMENT

Gay Weddings During Football Season: The Coming Epidemic

I can only imagine how much hot talent will be absolutely throwing it around at these weddings as they see their best gay friend getting married before them.

I'm just not sure how I get invited to one to take advantage of this feeding frenzie.
Chances are high you would score. Congratulations on the butt sects!
But in all reality no matter what the number of willing chicks is at the wedding, that number will never be 1/100th of that which is present at a home football game.

A non church partnership ceremony? Yes, I would go. It would be awkward and weird but I would go out of respect for a family member or friend.

Sitting in a church asking for God's blessing for a future lifetime of sin? No, because of my religious beliefs I could not and would not willingly bless or support that. Everyone sins at some point, we know that. The difference is we don't go into the house of god and openly mock his teachings by deliberately performing an act that is reserved for 1 man and 1 woman. I would respect them but they also need to respect me and my views and why I would not attend. It's a two way street.
That is the very definition of intolerance right there. Because of your beliefs you aren't going to support a friend or family member who has different beliefs? Jeez. So what if you believe homosexuality is a sin. Many don't. I don't believe a lot of the religious crap that my friends and family do, but that wouldn't stop me from being the bigger person and supporting them if they invited me to a wedding in their church.

Getting married on august 1st. Luckily I will never have to deal with this sort of thing because I am marrying a woman who loves Clemson football as much as I do.

Congratulations and I wish you the best of luck.

However, If you think that a Fall Wedding is the only time in your life you will have to grow a pair and tell your wife you ain't doing it, you may want to postpone the wedding. Once you use that set of gigantic balls you have, you'll be the only one playing with them. Enjoy.

Happy wife = Happy life.

A non church partnership ceremony? Yes, I would go. It would be awkward and weird but I would go out of respect for a family member or friend.

Sitting in a church asking for God's blessing for a future lifetime of sin? No, because of my religious beliefs I could not and would not willingly bless or support that. Everyone sins at some point, we know that. The difference is we don't go into the house of god and openly mock his teachings by deliberately performing an act that is reserved for 1 man and 1 woman. I would respect them but they also need to respect me and my views and why I would not attend. It's a two way street.
I have sat in a reception hall at church while they served ham yet condemned gay marriage. Both are explicitly forbidden by the old testament. Basically going to a reception of a straight couple where pork loin is served, is spitting on the old testament in the same way that going to a gay wedding is.

That is the very definition of intolerance right there. Because of your beliefs you aren't going to support a friend or family member who has different beliefs? Jeez. So what if you believe homosexuality is a sin. Many don't. I don't believe a lot of the religious crap that my friends and family do, but that wouldn't stop me from being the bigger person and supporting them if they invited me to a wedding in their church.
It's not intolerance. Why support something you don't agree with. The intolerant part is condemning someone that doesn't believe like you.

Reactions: SWUtigers
Congratulations and I wish you the best of luck.

However, If you think that a Fall Wedding is the only time in your life you will have to grow a pair and tell your wife you ain't doing it, you may want to postpone the wedding. Once you use that set of gigantic balls you have, you'll be the only one playing with them. Enjoy.

Happy wife = Happy life.
I agree, got to choose your battles, but you have to put your foot down from time to time to. Thanks for the good wishes.

I have sat in a reception hall at church while they served ham yet condemned gay marriage. Both are explicitly forbidden by the old testament. Basically going to a reception of a straight couple where pork loin is served, is spitting on the old testament in the same way that going to a gay wedding is.

Oh wow. This will derail a thread that was going on pretty funny for a while. Well done.

So, I am getting ready for work this morning when my wife casually mentions that we have received "our first invitation to a gay wedding." Apparently it is for a family member of hers.

I was like: "Well, okay, when is it?" She responds: September 12TH. Bells and alarms immediately go off in my head. "That is the Clemson-App State Game" I reply. Her reaction was basically Zero #### Given; we are going.

This got me thinking. The traditional barrier to football season weddings has typically come from the groom in your standard man-woman wedding. While there are some ladies out there that want to avoid football season as well (for a number of reasons, including "all eyes have to be on me" syndrome), the heterosexual male was our reliable stone wall blocking even the thought of having a football season wedding.

Well, Justice Kennedy and the boys (let's be honest, those two chicks Obama appointed are kind of dudes) just blew that up.

Thanks, Obama!!
@piperdog188

Hmmm...skipping a Clemson football game to basically watch two dudes kiss?? If it were me, the answer wouldn't be just no but HELL NO!

It's not intolerance. Why support something you don't agree with. The intolerant part is condemning someone that doesn't believe like you.
Going to a gay wedding does not mean you have to support gay weddings. It means you support the person you are there for no matter what their beliefs are. If you can't bring yourself to support a friend no matter what their beliefs are, then you are intolerant in my book.

Dude if you don't understand why I won't do that we are on separate pages completely and that is fine. As far as being intolerant. Just because I don't support something does not make me intolerant. If I were intolerant I would make a huge scene, protest, and demand that it not be done. I wouldn't do that though as everyone has the right to do as they choose. I choose not to disobey my religion in the most holy place possible during what I consider one of the most sacred services.

Please do not call me intolerant. The question was posed. I answered it truthfully to my own beliefs and it happens to be different from yours or others. I did not call names or speak venom or hate. I said why I would not go. Nothing more. Nothing less.

We are all gods people and as a Christian we are to treat others with kindness, and I do. Not wanting to participate in something that directly goes against my beliefs does not change that nor does it make me intolerant. Sorry if you feel that way.

Reactions: scartiger

So that Jesus fellow in the New Testament was all for it? It's just the Old Testament that speaks against it?

Why don't people get married on Sunday? I got married on Sunday and saved a few $grand on the venue. Almost everybody still attended and still drank all my free booze.

Going to a gay wedding does not mean you have to support gay weddings. It means you support the person you are there for no matter what their beliefs are. If you can't bring yourself to support a friend no matter what their beliefs are, then you are intolerant in my book.
You can still love the person but supporting them would be condoning their conduct as ok. Just cause someone doesn't agree with what they believe is wrong doesn't make them intolerant. That's ridiculous.

I wonder how many of you realize a lot of people out in this world don't go to every game? OldMtP was probably a doubtful for the App St game anyway. I have a kid arriving late September. Most likely means I will miss the ND game because of it. Am I sad to miss this game? Yes. Will I forever hate my son for it? No. Most of you all need to grow up a bit, and that should hurt coming from me. I have missed a few games in my life due to weddings. BC in '13 the most recent. Missed homecoming my senior year for a friends wedding. And you will never believe it but my life wasn't ruined for it and Clemsom won both games without me. I was as shocked as you are.

How many of you would even go to a gay wedding family members or not?

Are we talking weird kid from Wedding Crashers gay or Neil Patrick Harris gay?

High probability of an open bar and crab cakes. Inside of a 2.5 hour drive and on an acceptable weekend, it gets a strong maybe.

Someone doesn't understand the difference between civil law, ceremonial law and moral law.
If you are going to try to use the Bible to tear down someone else's religious beliefs, you
should at least understand the basic tenants of the material.
Simply put. You are wrong and you owe the man an apology.
He has a RIGHT (guaranteed by the CONSTITUTION) to his religious beliefs and to
align his actions to those religious beliefs. I know this because I have had several family
members fight to protect these rights of his and others.

Last edited:

The only intolerance shown is yours. He has a right to his beliefs and to act upon those beliefs

He said he wouldn't go if it were held in a "church."

If anyone misses a Clemson game for a "gay wedding," they need to be neutered. The only thing gayer than a gay wedding, is missing a Clemson game for a gay wedding.
Cool guy alert! Based on your name it sounds like you miss Clemson games on the regular due to travel issues. How dare you not live within an hours drive of Clemson. Come on tough guy! Sack up and tell your family, if you have one, that they will love living in Anderson and get moving. And there are a lot of guys out there who prefer men over women who know a hell of a lot more about football than 75% of the members of TI.

Not condemning anyone. I just personally wouldn't want to be part of something I don't agree with. Don't care even its a family member don't mean that I don't love the individual.

Not condemning anyone. I just personally wouldn't want to be part of something I don't agree with. Don't care even its a family member don't mean that I don't love the individual.
They will understand and be cool with your decision. Nothing tells a family member "I love you" more than skipping their wedding.

Agree with lots of you, getting any wedding invite during football season sucks.

Reactions: RaleighTiger
And there are a lot of guys out there who prefer men over women who know a hell of a lot more about football than 75% of the members of TI

El oh el
tumblr_inline_mwkxz8PHUK1qf87s4.gif

I agree with you 100 % on this issue . If my church ever marries a gay couple I will leave and go somewhere else . Civil unions I can deal with but not marriage .

They will understand and be cool with your decision. Nothing tells a family member "I love you" more than skipping their wedding.

Agree with lots of you, getting any wedding invite during football season sucks.
I would think they would know me well enough not to ask meto go. Will never understand why anyone would do anything that they do not believe in.

It means you support the person you are there for no matter what their beliefs are. If you can't bring yourself to support a friend no matter what their beliefs are, then you are intolerant in my book.[/QUOTE]

Then I am just intolerant. Dont give a fu*k. But that is just me. I dont like lots of people. But as long as they let me live my life, I will let them live theirs. The list is very long of people I dont agree with.

If I have a friend that I dont agree with on something, I just tell them. Expect them to do same.

Reactions: SWUtigers
So, I am getting ready for work this morning when my wife casually mentions that we have received "our first invitation to a gay wedding." Apparently it is for a family member of hers.

I was like: "Well, okay, when is it?" She responds: September 12TH. Bells and alarms immediately go off in my head. "That is the Clemson-App State Game" I reply. Her reaction was basically Zero #### Given; we are going.

This got me thinking. The traditional barrier to football season weddings has typically come from the groom in your standard man-woman wedding. While there are some ladies out there that want to avoid football season as well (for a number of reasons, including "all eyes have to be on me" syndrome), the heterosexual male was our reliable stone wall blocking even the thought of having a football season wedding.

Well, Justice Kennedy and the boys (let's be honest, those two chicks Obama appointed are kind of dudes) just blew that up.

Thanks, Obama!!
What is going to happen when a couple of gays or lesbians want to get married on the campus of a state run university? Even wanting to get married in the Valley?

Then I am just intolerant. Dont give a fu*k. But that is just me. I dont like lots of people. But as long as they let me live my life, I will let them live theirs. The list is very long of people I dont agree with.

If I have a friend that I dont agree with on something, I just tell them. Expect them to do same.[/QUOTE]

Agree with this in general. I don't understand how we as a society reached the point where
if we disagree on a subject (no matter the subject) that now is defined as intolerant or, worse,
hate. If two people can't have an honest disagreement on a subject and still respect one
another's position, understanding (or giving the benefit of the doubt) that the other party
reached theirs after due thought and consideration (and without prejudice or
nefarious intentions) then we have devolved into a nation of "special needs dolts."
Or does that phrase offend somebody?

Last edited:
Agree with this in general. I don't understand how we as a society reached the point where
if we disagree on a subject (no matter the subject) that now is defined as intolerant or, worse,
Yep. If you like the color purple that means you hate the color orange! Makes zero sense.

Yep. If you like the color purple that means you hate the color orange! Makes zero sense.
Anybody that knows me would think I'm a pretty tolerant person. But even I've just reached my limit with this political correctness crap. Went from that to intolerant amd just plain hate. More lies our politicians, media , and cultural that has slip in. Thanks to the Devil.

ADVERTISEMENT