ADVERTISEMENT

NAACP wants to efface Stone Mountain carving

Honest legal question here. Lets say I feel that my being white has caused me to be discriminated against and I went to the NAACP would they legally have to support me? I am being serious. It is something that I have always thought about.

Yeah... once we lower the flag it will all go away.

These are not the droids we are looking for.

Like I said, they want to rewrite history just like Michelle Obama promised....

Reactions: scartiger
The point isn't whether they won or lost.

Lee and Jackson are recognized world wide as two of the greatest military minds to have ever lived. They are studied and revered in military schools in every nation on earth.

Both were also very, very respected - and, in Jackson's case in particular, feared - by their enemies. Both actually opposed slavery, and Lee, in particular, was a huge force for racial conciliation after the war.

I believe that Robert E. Lee was simply the greatest American that has ever lived. He was a man of incredible Christian character that excelled in everything he applied himself to. After the war, he became president of Washington (now Washington and Lee) University.

You cannot revere Washington and call Lee and Jackson traitors at the same time. The ideals of the Declaration of Independence (secession) apply equally to both.

The NAACP has become a racist hate group. I used to respect and support them when they were acting to help the black community. However, NONE of their current actions do that. They now work to drive division between the races, not help the black community.
The NAACP is evil.

That seem like the type of stuff that the Taliban were doing in Afghanistan.

bamiyan-buddha-faut2.jpg

Without commenting on the stone mountain thing. Those who think this is over are crazy. Every piece of history will be removed. Had a conversation with my family last night that its a matter of time before any semblance of our country's roots are under attack. Every name, monument, or person that is not given graces will be removed from existence. And yes, even for northerners and blacks, it is still your history and where we came from.

Reactions: tiger orange
Honest legal question here. Lets say I feel that my being white has caused me to be discriminated against and I went to the NAACP would they legally have to support me? I am being serious. It is something that I have always thought about.

Didn't they weirdly side with a white guy recently? I really want to say it was the expelled SAE's at Oklahoma.

Without commenting on the stone mountain thing. Those who think this is over are crazy. Every piece of history will be removed. Had a conversation with my family last night that its a matter of time before any semblance of our country's roots are under attack. Every name, monument, or person that is not given graces will be removed from existence. And yes, even for northerners and blacks, it is still your history and where we came from.
And as I said the other day, you can't erase history. It happened. Learn from it and move on. Instead we want to dwell on it and try to erase objects that still don't change what happened. Nothing will. It's people searching for something in their empty lives. Sad really. I've seen more rebel flags in the last week than I've seen in years. All this type of thing does is CREATE division. Not get rid of it. Typical leftist ideals usually look good on paper but they are devoid of logic and are all emotion.

It just shows how ignorant the leadership of the NAACP is. I would love to know the % of white southerners who owned slaves. I guarantee it was extremely low.
Hate to burst the black folks bubble, but there were more important issues that caused the war. Slavery was the final issue that drove the wealthy over the top and gave them reason to finance the war.
The war was fought over the same reasons we broke away from England. Southerners felt that unwanted and unfair laws and taxes were being placed on them. Its that simple.

I couldn't stand behind a battle flag that has repeatedly been used by hate groups in hate crimes. I could completely understand how it was and is offensive to the black community. But I will stand up and fight for stone mountain and any other confederate monuments

The NAACP has become a racist hate group. I used to respect and support them when they were acting to help the black community. However, NONE of their current actions do that. They now work to drive division between the races, not help the black community.
The NAACP is evil.
They are more of a activist community organizing group for the Democratic Party IMO. The NAACP will not support black conservatives.

Case in point ...... Baltimore has been a Democratic city since God said like there be light! Democrats out number Republicans 12 to 1 in the city, the current mayor is a black democrat, the police chief (now fired) was black an appointee of the mayor, many of the no tolerance policies were put into place by (at the time) Mayor OweMalley....... Yet when Al Sharpton and the national NAACP arrived on site?????? The riots and police brutality were the fault of the white republican governor who had been in Office for 4 months ..........

Google NAACP and find out what the letters stand for. You can't be a member.

Will every African American Monument and MLK day be done away with also? Honest question. Hard for me to see where one could be done away with and not the other. That would be racists also cause I'm sure they're some white folks that are offended by those. Probably even more now.

Walmart to melt class rings rather than deliver them because they have confederate flags on them....

Next outrage to be met with a firing squad.

Will every African American Monument and MLK day be done away with also? Honest question. Hard for me to see where one could be done away with and not the other. That would be racists also cause I'm sure they're some white folks that are offended by those. Probably even more now.

Don't forget BET and Miss Black America....it's hard to disagree with some of FreeSC thoughts, sure seems NAACP stokes the racism fire/division more often than not

It will be interesting to see what, if any, changes are next. Who was it on here disagreeing that no changes or more changes will take place, I think it was MillerHighLife and someone else.?

One thing is for sure, the talk sure hasn't seemed to slow down much at all.

Somebody needs to just beat this guys ass. He doesn't give a damn about Stone Mountain or about heal race relations in America. He sees an opportunity to get himself in the spotlight. Whether it is at the expense of America or Americans is of no concern to him. He needs his ass kicked, preferably by some black guys who are sick of opportunist who reveal in making victims of African Americans for their personal gain.

Not Stone Mountain but one of the next thing, A principal in Oregon has banned Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches because they are racist. They're a symbol of white privilege and she didn't want the students of color to be distracted from doing their best. Yeah I know it is just a K-8 in Oregon but it just a indication of some of idiotic things happening in our country. Egads

It just shows how ignorant the leadership of the NAACP is. I would love to know the % of white southerners who owned slaves. I guarantee it was extremely low.
Hate to burst the black folks bubble, but there were more important issues that caused the war. Slavery was the final issue that drove the wealthy over the top and gave them reason to finance the war.
The war was fought over the same reasons we broke away from England. Southerners felt that unwanted and unfair laws and taxes were being placed on them. Its that simple.

I couldn't stand behind a battle flag that has repeatedly been used by hate groups in hate crimes. I could completely understand how it was and is offensive to the black community. But I will stand up and fight for stone mountain and any other confederate monuments

Actually, only 6% of all Southerners owned slaves. However, the #s of free blacks in the South were exploding before the war, and free blacks were FAR more likely to own slaves than whites. I'd have to go look it up, but I think it was actually 10% of free blacks who owned slaves in the South.
That's a huge irony, isn't it? For all the talk about "racism and slavery", the fact is, according to the US census of 1860, free blacks were far more likely to own slaves than whites.

Just reading the story about a popular high school possibly changing it's Rebel ways. Would someone page the poster who said there is no slippery slope and tell him it's time to slide

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT