ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Game of Thrones...WOW

jhallen

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
Guys, just had to post after that unreal episode of the GOT. Just amazing! It doesn't get much better than that! Thoughts anyone...

Reactions: JAMCRACKER99
Def one of the best action sequences they've had on the show, prob blew their entire budget right there haha. Only complaints were:

1. The wildlings perfectly synchronized digital camo rags all look just a TAD too similar ha.

2. Why does Danny always hafta be such a bumbling bafoon? Everything she says just sounds so idiotic to me. So I kill a dude who is clearly mind-numbingly loyal to me because he was forced to do something before he really knew me and was nervous about telling me? I almost wanted Tyrian to be like "no you dumb moron, just send him away".

Awesome episode overall.

Reactions: Chrisd4cu
This season has been way below average, so I've been expecting a big finish starting with tonight's episode. 'Twas very entertaining. Loved getting more giant action.

With all of the changes from books to TV, I half-expected Drogon to show up and toast some wights.

I was surprised to see the White Walkers so soon. But I haven't read the books so its all new for me. A friend of mine who has read them all said it would be seasons before we saw the Walkers. Guess not! Man what final 15 minutes!!!

Guys, just had to post after that unreal episode of the GOT. Just amazing! It doesn't get much better than that! Thoughts anyone...

That was great. I have really like this season (I have heard a lot of people do not).

The last scene with the leader of the Walkers was bad ass!!!

Awesome ending although I couldn't help but think I was watching World War Z there for a bit. Still, pretty intense. Also fun to watch Cersi in all her glory trying to drink spilled water off the floor. Peter Dinklage plays Tyrion so well it's scary.

Reactions: 1Clemzunfan
Awesome ending although I couldn't help but think I was watching World War Z there for a bit. Still, pretty intense. Also fun to watch Cersi in all her glory trying to drink spilled water off the floor. Peter Dinklage plays Tyrion so well it's scary.

I agree. Dinklage is an amazing actor. And yeah, its great seeing Cersi sucking water off a nasty cell floor. Classic!

I couldn't help but think the Game of Thrones just suddenly became the Walking Dead and World War Z all rolled into one. Except these walkers have a leader or many leaders. That standoff/stare-down at the end was just awesome!

Reactions: 1Clemzunfan
And as far as the favorite character thread from the other day - Tormund is reaching book levels of awesome. His character in the books is great, but hadn't shown as much in the show. Tonight he started to. Great episode overall as well.

So freakin awesome. replayed the fight sequence twice.

Couple questions:
When the wildlings locked outside the gate were fighting to get in, they went silent and seemed to disappear all at once. What happened?
Also, I was pretty sure I saw the wight walker that Jon Snow killed standing on the shore killing some wildlings as they rowed away. Did he reanimate or was that just a twin?

Couple questions:
When the wildlings locked outside the gate were fighting to get in, they went silent and seemed to disappear all at once. What happened?
Also, I was pretty sure I saw the wight walker that Jon Snow killed standing on the shore killing some wildlings as they rowed away. Did he reanimate or was that just a twin?

presumably just another one that looked like the one that Jon killed. Valyrian steel kills white walkers.

Deshaun Watson to Ulric Jones...

kxyChxn.jpg

Great episode tonight. I literally had to remind myself to blink. Episodes 9 and 10 should be equally as good.

Reactions: alphamale621

Couple questions:

Just to clarify, wights are corpses that are reanimated by the white walkers.

That moment of silence was after the locked-out wildlings were killed and before they were raised as wights.

On the beach, that was a different white walker. We know there are at least 100 of them based off of the approximate amount of Craster's sons that were turned (tv show spoiler for book readers from last season), who knows how many more.

Freaking AWESOME episode. The last visual that showed just thousands of them lined up on the shore to show their overwhelming numbers was incredible.

The only thing that pissed me off was as soon as the wildling chick that looked like Moon Bloodgood put her kids on the boat and said "I'll be right behind you" I knew she was going to die. That was a little too predictable.

Looking forward to more of Tyrion & Dany, they will be a force.

Question about the white walkers. Are the fighters/attackers just the dead people they reanimate and the whitewalkers are just the leaders? Or, are all of them whitewalkers? Someone mentioned the babies given to the whitewalkers, they grow to become whitewalkers but those that they kill & reanimate are not whitewalkers? Sorry, just seems confusing.

Also, I take it that the living may recognize the former dead that are now to kill them. The scene where the dead children attack the wildling woman leader she seemed to recognize them.

Last edited:
game-of-thrones-giant-3.0.gif

Hope to see more of this dude

Haha that dude was awesome.

Serious question though. Those boats couldn't have been more than 50-100 feet away when the Walker King raised the dead, and the water didn't seem that deep. Why didn't they pursue?

Ive been tinkering around with this Map ...... its interactive and shows the geography of Westoros and Essos. You can click on the locations and get some background info.

For reference, the battle in this latest episode took place at Hardhome, north east of The Wall

http://quartermaester.info/

be warned, if youre a fan of the show, playing around with this map will waste most of your day.

Serious question though. Those boats couldn't have been more than 50-100 feet away when the Walker King raised the dead, and the water didn't seem that deep. Why didn't they pursue?

You know how Charlie don't surf? Yeah, well zombies don't swim.

I suppose that they would melt in the water.. which is why they wait until the weather freezes everything to advance & haven't overrun the wall already. What I couldnt figure out was why they didn't fire arrows. Didn't they have some archers?

I suppose that they would melt in the water.. which is why they wait until the weather freezes everything to advance & haven't overrun the wall already. What I couldnt figure out was why they didn't fire arrows. Didn't they have some archers?
The last 60 seconds was for dramatic effect. It's good tv, they extended the stare down between the two leaders, almost setting the stage for a rematch down the road.
Also just think of the CGI costs and filming difficulties of having them follow into the water and until they got to the boats. Filming with boats is expensive, and probably unnecessary after they busted their nut on the previous 20 minutes of awesome fighting. And to my knowledge of reading the books, there is no mention of white walkers shooting arrows, and I don't remember seeing that in the episode either.

White walkers/Others are the ice demons, we do not know how many there are of them. They have a leader, and he is referred as the Night's King. The Night's king has a mysterious past. White walkers/Others can summon the dead back to life. The dead/zombies are called Wights.

Just got done watching it and was easily the best episode in awhile! My only question is how in the hell was there a boat still attached to the dock by the time Jon Snow and crew?

Couple questions:
Also, I was pretty sure I saw the wight walker that Jon Snow killed standing on the shore killing some wildlings as they rowed away. Did he reanimate or was that just a twin?[/

The one at the end, standing on the dock that reanimated the dead had what appeared to be a crown of ice. Not sure if the one Snow killed had that. I thought he looked like a wizard, but it was just that spear.

Anyone think anything of the guy that was sitting cloaked in the stern of the boat that Jon and Tormund got in? There are a ton of theories flying around after that episode, but the ones about whoever it is sitting in the boat that remains cloaked throughout the episode are interesting. Benjen Stark is cast for the 10th episode.

Reactions: Hovice
Anyone think anything of the guy that was sitting cloaked in the stern of the boat that Jon and Tormund got in? There are a ton of theories flying around after that episode, but the ones about whoever it is sitting in the boat that remains cloaked throughout the episode are interesting. Benjen Stark is cast for the 10th episode.

I didn't even notice him. I still have it recorded from last night so I just flipped it on to see. I knew that Ben Stark was cast but I just assumed it was for a flashback episode. Now, I'm intrigued.

Reactions: alex24
I saw a few still shots and they guy didn't look like Benjen's actor. And also holy crap at spoilers for show watchers. That's not cool at all. Just because someone has been cast for an episode doesn't mean show watchers should hear about it.

I didn't read the books but the last two seasons for me have been disappointing. This last episode may have been my last. This series has turned into Sharknado. These righteous Sparrows are miserably annoying and these pissed off ice zombies are just lame.

I didn't read the books but the last two seasons for me have been disappointing. This last episode may have been my last. This series has turned into Sharknado. These righteous Sparrows are miserably annoying and these pissed off ice zombies are just lame.
Is this a joke?

I have often wondered when this would happen with strictly show watchers. The title is misleading. The story is not about who becomes king of Westeros (e.g., the Game of Thrones). It's really about the battle that precedes winter and the man who is chosen to lead humans (hence the name Song of Ice and Fire). If you think the story is about Westeros, you are mistaken and will likely be disappointed.

Tyrion's introduction to Daenarys has made her TV character infinitely more interesting (also explains the early departure of Selmy).

This past episode broke away considerably from the books. When the show writers have done that in the past, it has been meh. But they nailed this episode.

I saw a few still shots and they guy didn't look like Benjen's actor. And also holy crap at spoilers for show watchers. That's not cool at all. Just because someone has been cast for an episode doesn't mean show watchers should hear about it.

HTF is that a spoiler? You have no idea in what capacity he comes back. It could be as a flashback.

HTF is that a spoiler? You have no idea in what capacity he comes back. It could be as a flashback.

Furthermore, HTF is that a spoiler by folks that read the book when nothing that happened in the end of that episode happened in any of the books and Ben Stark isn't in any of the books after the very first scene of the very first one?

Reactions: BionicTiger

Wun Wun Weg Wun Dar Wun (aka Wun Wun) was a badass. I love that they included him.

Btw, wights can swim. In the books, Cotter Pyke is the Night's Watchman sent to Hardhome instead of Jon, and he sends a raven to Jon saying there are "dead things in the woods, dead things in the water."

In the show, I think the Night's King got what he came for (90,000 Wildlings to add to his undead army). He did not necessarily need another 5,000 or so, and wanted to send the refugees back to the wall with a story to tell. That "watch this" look he gave Jon supports this imho. Sure, it might have been more logical from a military perspective to finish them all off and keep their strength a secret, but the show writers wanted to show the battle of Hardhome first hand. Therefore, they had to have a main character (Jon) get there and somehow escape. Not the best storytelling strictly speaking, but man that was a great scene nonetheless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT