ADVERTISEMENT

OT....Measles outbreaks across the country..why?

tigerGUY

Woodrush
Gold Member
Aug 22, 2001
Wherever my RV is parked(formerly Abbeville, SC)
Obama blames it on the families not having their kids inoculated. Surely it couldn't be from those GD illegal rug rats Obama purposefully brought into the country and then shipped to unsuspecting communities? Why, it was just yesterday (2000) that Measles was proclaimed eradicated in the US.

How in fvcking hell you people who agree with this makes me wonder your purpose for calling yourself an American. Tick tock.

ThiS thread is going to go poorly for you op. Also, cant believe people seriously thinkseriously like you.

At least some of the blame has to go to dip$hits like Jenny McCarthy perpetuating the myth that the MMR vaccine is partly responsible for the increased incidence of autism. They will all cite one flawed study that has been debunked many times over.

It is because a lot of parents haven't been getting their kids vaccinated. The disease was wiped out in the US. But not in other countries. So I'd you haven't been vaccinated and you come into contact with someone from another country while you are vacationing at Disney World and they have the disease or are a carrier then you will get it. Then you spread it to others who haven't been vsccinated.

Measles are nothing. What are we going to do about Obama causing Cancer and Heart Disease? And that is not to mention the thousands of other poxes he has brought on this country like acne and hang nail.

200000+ disease carrier central american kids released around the country this is what you get.

8gl1ojl.jpg

Originally posted by tigernutz:
At least some of the blame has to go to dip$hits like Jenny McCarthy perpetuating the myth that the MMR vaccine is partly responsible for the increased incidence of autism. They will all cite one flawed study that has been debunked many times over.

Originally posted by tigerGUY:
Obama blames it on the families not having their kids inoculated. Surely it couldn't be from those GD illegal rug rats Obama purposefully brought into the country and then shipped to unsuspecting communities? Why, it was just yesterday (2000) that Measles was proclaimed eradicated in the US.

How in fvcking hell you people who agree with this makes me wonder your purpose for calling yourself an American. Tick tock.
Are you in the fetal position under your bed?? It's hard to imagine anyone, with a supposed education, could be filled with as much hate as you are. It all started at Disneyland. Non of the illegals can afford to go there.

No. In this case it's our homegrown wackos that see conspiracy everywhere aka anti-vas crowd. Illegals (a separate issue) are actually better at vaccinating for common PREVENTBLE diseases than our privileged wackos. Most of this garbage comes from the uber protected class. Note that unvaccinated children are directly related to distance from Whole Foods stores.

I'm a moderate republican and I can't stand Obama, but the OP is clearly an idiot.

The measles outbreak is caused by a large number of idiot parents not immunizing their children. Any person who doesn't get their children immunized for all of the diseases we have almost eradicated is a complete and utter moron and doesn't deserve to reproduce. Those idiot parents are putting everyone else in America at risk.

People like tiger guy are what's wrong with this country. As of January 23 there were 69 cases related to the recent outbreak that did start at Disneyland and one case in Mexico. The outbreaks are related to Dumb A parents who do not get their kids vaccinated. There is no relationship between autism and the mmr vaccine. I have worked with pediatrics in primary care offices and was amazed at the number of parents that don't get there children vaccinated with not only mmr but all available disease preventing immunizations. Wait till a polio outbreak start related to children not getting vaccinated then we will be in real trouble. Eratication of these diseases occurs because immunization rate were close to 100% because the older generation actually lived through the epidemics. Parents these days have no idea.

you may be a moderate RINO but you are an extreme moron. If the disease is eradicated within a country's borders then it should not matter if the child in immunized or not, since the disease is not there for them to catch. I hope you don't have progeny....makes you wonder again about eugenics.

Originally posted by tigernutz:
Really!!! She has "star" power. Why??? I don't know but people actually listen to her.

Originally posted by igachoochoo:
you may be a moderate RINO but you are an extreme moron. If the disease is eradicated within a country's borders then it should not matter if the child in immunized or not, since the disease is not there for them to catch. I hope you don't have progeny....makes you wonder again about eugenics.
Yeah, because nobody in the United States has travelled outside the borders in the last 50 years.

No offense, but that is ridiculous.

Unless you restrict all travel people will come to the US (legally and illegally) who have diseases. You simply can't prevent it, since a lot (if not most) diseases have an asymptomatic prodromal period where people are infectious but not symptomatic - i.e. you can't tell they have a disease yet since they don't have symptoms, but they can spread it.

That's the point of vaccines, to protect you against diseases you are exposed to. If you don't vaccinate your kids, their chances of catching the diseases they are exposed to increases tremendously. This applies to the people they come in contact to in the US, and the people they may come in contact to when they travel beyond our borders.

Ever leave your home town? sounds like you have never heard of airplanes or foreign countries.

Morons see personal privilege or inconvenience as greater than public health and saving lives.

Despite national rates of irradiicated , it only takes one vistor, or one vector to restart the process. All should be vaccinated until ia disease is gone from the planet.

HERPADERP. If anything, Mexico should be more afraid of Americans heading south of the boarder. THE LONE CASE RECENTLY REPORTED IN MEXICO WAS TRACED TO DISNEYLAND, F*CKING USA.

According to World Health Organization estimates, the U.S. has a measles vaccination rate of 92 percent, while Mexico and Nicaragua have 99 percent vaccination rates and Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador each have 93 percent vaccination rates.

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-24519949

Obama is right on this one. If you vaccinate your kids then it doesn't matter if immigrants bring it in. I'm still not sure about the chicken pox vaccine. Immunity may not last long enough and having the disease may be better with lifelong protection usually. Mumps in adults is a bad actor, otherwise it would be better just to have it. Red measles can kill and German Measles bad for fetuses.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

laugh.r191677.gif
This has to be a troll, right? OP, I'm not asking you to acknowledge a possible causation, or even a correlation, but do you at least agree that, in the last 10-15 years, thousands of families did opt out of having their kids inoculated against measles?

That makes a lot of sense. Then we could all be truly free and not subject ourselves to a simple shot. We should just ban our citizens from traveling outside our borders, build giant walls to prevent anyone else from coming into our country and live an isolated life like the rest of the world doesn't exist. Our soldiers should all be left overseas never to return home again because they may be carriers too. And by the way, no international trade with other countries either. All the products we import could contain trace viruses, as some can survive for several days without a human carrier. And when our economy goes to shit and we are living in the equivalent of the great depression, at least we won't have to take a vaccination to prevent the measles or polio. And you know what, if we could take it a step further and isolate ourselves to underground bunkers and cut off all contact with each other we could probably even eradicate the common flu. That is what all of you doomsday conspiracy types dream about. No thanks. That's not what I call freedom.

Surely you didn't attend Clemson. Please tell me you didn't.

Well, just check out the illegals comming into the USA with no telling what

diseases.

Can someone post the actual statistics on measles outbreaks over the last 5 years and then stats on the most recent outbreak?

Cases? Deaths?

Thanks in advance.

"Eradicating" diseases = lowering the death rates. It doesn't mean a disease is removed from earth, the chance of that happening is next to zero percent. The only thing going for people with the measles is it requires a human host. The scary thing is it seems to have evolved from a disease in cattle, so even if you did remove it, it could/possibly come right back.

I doubt any president is intentionally allowing this to happen. Besides, he can screw you over in much more efficient ways ;)

Originally posted by blythewood tigers:
"Eradicating" diseases = lowering the death rates. It doesn't mean a disease is removed from earth, the chance of that happening is next to zero percent. The only thing going for people with the measles is it requires a human host. The scary thing is it seems to have evolved from a disease in cattle, so even if you did remove it, it could/possibly come right back.

I doubt any president is intentionally allowing this to happen. Besides, he can screw you over in much more efficient ways ;)
So we have learned.

Don't feed the Trolls. No way the OP actually believes this...

Originally posted by hopefultiger13:

Don't feed the Trolls. No way the OP actually believes this...
I promise you he does. This is actually one of his more tame viewpoints/posts.

ADVERTISEMENT