ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pool Safety Fences

keezy

Valles Marineris
Gold Member
Nov 28, 2002
I'm buying a house with an in ground pool in the backyard. I have an 18 month old son who I'd like to be extra safe with. I've been looking at the black mesh safety fences that you can install and remove when you'd like. Any of you have one? Any info and help will be appreciated.

I'm buying a house with an in ground pool in the backyard. I have an 18 month old son who I'd like to be extra safe with. I've been looking at the black mesh safety fences that you can install and remove when you'd like. Any of you have one? Any info and help will be appreciated.

I don't have any first hand knowledge per se, but my wife and i are building a home with a pool and will be putting in a child safety fence that is installed into pool decking. We had a quote for $3k, which i thought seemed really expensive.

Yes what I'm looking for will be installed into the concrete. 3k does seem expensive. The ones I'm looking at are DIY. Just wondering if anyone had any that had held up and performed.

Yes what I'm looking for will be installed into the concrete. 3k does seem expensive. The ones I'm looking at are DIY. Just wondering if anyone had any that had held up and performed.

I think the biggest factor of cost is not a lot of companies are around that specialize in pool fencing, so they are able to charge a much higher premium for work performed. That's how my contractor explained it to me. Wooden fence companies are a dime a dozen, pool fence companies....not so much.

ADVERTISEMENT