ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Wood countertops with sinks

Game Well

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Nov 9, 2009
James Island, SC
I've heard a lot of conflicting things about wood countertops with sinks in them (like a kitchen island). Is staining and warping a big problem for those who have it? Any tips?

My parents have had wood counter tops around their sink for 35 years. They are maple and varnished I don't think they've ever done anything to them since install.

I've heard a lot of conflicting things about wood countertops with sinks in them (like a kitchen island). Is staining and warping a big problem for those who have it? Any tips?
Only thing I've ever heard is they trap bacteria more than granite etc. no idea if it's true

Search on line on consumer reports countertop buying guide and you will see pros and cons of each type. The continually rate quartz and granite as the top two, with butcher block as one of the lowest.

As long as the tops are sealed properly, you shouldn't have a problem. I wish I could have bid the cabinets for you.

As with almost everything in a home, who supplies and who installs it will be the main factor in almost all aspects.

Reactions: Game Well
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT