ADVERTISEMENT

Pretty good story to start your day.

dustinw

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2005
A true story about General McChrystal's resignation in Obama's office taken from General McChrystal's book, 'NEVER STAND IN LINE AGAIN'. Some men carry and handle their diplomacy better than others. When former U.S. Military commander in Afghanistan, General McChrystal, was called into the Oval Office by Barack Obama, he knew things weren't going to go well when the President accused him of not supporting him in his political role as President.

"It's not my job to support you as a politician, Mr. President, it's my job to support you as Commander-in-Chief", McChrystal replied, as he handed Obama his resignation.

Not satisfied with accepting McChrystal's resignation, the President made a cheap parting shot. "I bet when I die you'll be happy to piss on my grave."

The General saluted and said, "Mr. President, I always told myself after leaving the Army I'd never stand in line again."

WTF?

That's not even his book. Not to mention every legitimate news outlet, including General McChrystal himself, has debunked this as garbage.

Not to mention, you know it's fake because does anybody actually think President Obama has the balls to stand up to a man like General McChrystal and say that?

A true story about General McChrystal's resignation in Obama's office taken from General McChrystal's book, 'NEVER STAND IN LINE AGAIN'. Some men carry and handle their diplomacy better than others. When former U.S. Military commander in Afghanistan, General McChrystal, was called into the Oval Office by Barack Obama, he knew things weren't going to go well when the President accused him of not supporting him in his political role as President.

"It's not my job to support you as a politician, Mr. President, it's my job to support you as Commander-in-Chief", McChrystal replied, as he handed Obama his resignation.

Not satisfied with accepting McChrystal's resignation, the President made a cheap parting shot. "I bet when I die you'll be happy to piss on my grave."

The General saluted and said, "Mr. President, I always told myself after leaving the Army I'd never stand in line again."

oh my goodness. this is from 1963...

"The 1st sergeant was preparing the discharge papers of a batch of draftees whose term of service was up. "I'll bet you guys are just waiting for these papers to go through so you can punch me in the nose," he remarked.

"Not at all, sergeant," replied one of the men. "I promised myself that once I got out of the army I'd never stand in line again."

and then, here is an ACTUAL quote from the general upon leaving office...

"what is said between the president and I [sic] in the Oval Office really needs to be between us." and he described the tone as "very professional" and said his relationship with the president, both then and now, was a good one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT