ADVERTISEMENT

So, how many of you

My post was for humor. By no means was I supporting or not supporting the ruling. Figured I should go ahead and state that so I don't get in a Larry nance jr situation later on in life.

Reactions: ix Clemson xi
Liberal minority got their way through corrupt judges. I don't think a single state had a majority vote for gay marriage. Liberals will still be miserable people whether they get way or not. They do love failure and moral decay.

LMAO. You can't possibly be serious. No state had a majority vote? LOL. Mine did. Liberal minority? Corrupt judges? Where do you come up with this stuff?

Well, to be clear, I am completely against this...it's truly against my beliefs & against God's will...

But I do have an idea for a TV show now..."Gay Divorce Court" ...there's no way that wouldn't be funny

Places where there are laws against homosexuality.
Gotcha. There are 25 countries who perform or recognize same sex marriages, and 4 who look like they are on deck. If you include "civil unions" there are a few more. So, technically folks who hate this law could move to any of the other 167 countries if they wanted to.

Well, to be clear, I am completely against this...it's truly against my beliefs & against God's will...

But I do have an idea for a TV show now..."Gay Divorce Court" ...there's no way that wouldn't be funny
Would absolutely watch Gay Divorce Court. When you chuckle just hearing the title, you know the show would kill.

Liberal minority got their way through corrupt judges. I don't think a single state had a majority vote for gay marriage. Liberals will still be miserable people whether they get way or not. They do love failure and moral decay.
Wow...not a single state voted to allow regular marriages either. Should those all be voided?

I'm curious about can of worms coming from this. Straights getting

Desparate people do desparate things. My question was purely hypothetical and not what I think nessecarily. That's why I asked. To see what others thought. I guess my question should be 'can gay marriage lead to a national insurance scandal?'. I'm a straight engineer not an insurance guy. It is just something I have wondered recently and this seemed like a good place to ask.

97%ish of the population is straight and their isn't a national insurance scandal from random men/women marrying for benefits, so I don't see why allowing the 3%ish of the gay population to marry would cause a national insurance scandal.

It is also illegal to enter into any marriage for fraudulent purposes most commonly to gain work/citizenship in US, but also to get better benefits from the government, so yes if you get married to commit fraud it is illegal straight or gay.

Last edited:
Reactions: nextoffensivecoord
Call me ignorant but can gay spouses be on each others insurance at work? If so, what's to keep buddies, male or female, from getting "married" for insurance purposes? And finally, would that be insurance fraud if they did? Just curious.

What about straight people who stay married for the kids or financial/insurance reasons but live separate lives? Happens every day.

Since they approved that gay marriage is allowed, are Polygamists next? Seems like they have been sitting back in Mormon territory waiting for all the gays to fight this battle. Now that the gays and lesbians won, it seems like they have a pretty simple case to win. The Supreme Court just stated that marriage isn't defined by a man and a woman anymore. If marriage isn't a man and a woman anymore, then who knows what will pop up next?

On a different subject:

Sin is rampant throughout the world and it is because God followers are at an all time low and moving quickly in the wrong direction. They are under attack from terrorists, liberals, gays, atheists, etc. This has happened over and over in history with our ancestors. The more this country and the World moves away from God, the more bad things that will happen to this country and the World. Folks who read the Bible and the lessons understand what I am talking about.

I would be totally for gay marriage if I didn't know for a fact that this would lead to infants marrying wildebeest marrying pedophiles down the road in some sort of sick three way marriage approved by the government.

Reactions: wallaceb
Since they approved that gay marriage is allowed, are Polygamists next? Seems like they have been sitting back in Mormon territory waiting for all the gays to fight this battle. Now that the gays and lesbians won, it seems like they have a pretty simple case to win. The Supreme Court just stated that marriage isn't defined by a man and a woman anymore. If marriage isn't a man and a woman anymore, then who knows what will pop up next?

On a different subject:

Sin is rampant throughout the world and it is because God followers are at an all time low and moving quickly in the wrong direction. They are under attack from terrorists, liberals, gays, atheists, etc. This has happened over and over in history with our ancestors. The more this country and the World moves away from God, the more bad things that will happen to this country and the World. Folks who read the Bible and the lessons understand what I am talking about.
Show me one stat that the world is worse off today than it was 50 years ago (non-climate)...

I love the idea that you can't be liberal and love Jesus and God. I'm no scholar, but I think many of you who claim to know the mind of God would call Jesus a communist.

Reactions: Smiling_Tiger

On a different subject:

Says the guy with a Jason avatar

Show me one stat that the world is worse off today than it was 50 years ago (non-climate)...

Not enough time or space to address the world situation, but in 2013 there were more people on welfare than were people working in the U.S. I say this realizing that to some people, this is progress. I can also say beyond a shadow of a doubt that society as a whole in this country is in much worse shape because of a decline in the traditional family structure. My wife works in the public school system in S.C. and it is unbelievable how many kids have no support or structure in their lives. I have no statistics at hand; just know it's a lot different than when I was in school. She works in one of the best school districts in S.C., btw.

Reactions: scartiger
are moving to another country. i know a bunch of you must have promised at some point that if same sex marriage gets legalized you'd move. how many of you can i count on to keep your word?

Choices would be highlighted in red.. Good luck

world-map-640p-2-2015-of-78-countries.jpg
Where did you get this map from? Since when is legal to get married in Russia??

Not enough time or space to address the world situation, but in 2013 there were more people on welfare than were people working in the U.S. I say this realizing that to some people, this is progress. I can also say beyond a shadow of a doubt that society as a whole in this country is in much worse shape because of a decline in the traditional family structure. My wife works in the public school system in S.C. and it is unbelievable how many kids have no support or structure in their lives. I have no statistics at hand; just know it's a lot different than when I was in school. She works in one of the best school districts in S.C., btw.
There is no stat that shows more individuals get entitlements than there are that work. You've either been misled or you are misquoting.

Also, just to point out, you listed no stats. Personal opinions backed up by vague anecdotes don't count here. I need to see some real world numbers...

There is no stat that shows more individuals get entitlements than there are that work. You've either been misled or you are misquoting.

Also, just to point out, you listed no stats. Personal opinions backed up by vague anecdotes don't count here. I need to see some real world numbers...

I'll come up with it later. Still at work. SInce by your challenge to come up with a statistic that the world is in worse shape than 50 years ago, I can only assume that you have stats that the world is better off than it was 50 years ago.

Reactions: scartiger
I'll come up with it later. Still at work. SInce by your challenge to come up with a statistic that the world is in worse shape than 50 years ago, I can only assume that you have stats that the world is better off than it was 50 years ago.

no, you wont. because its not factually accurate. Its only "correct" if you include within the category "people receiving entitlements" ANYONE receiving government money of any kind, including people receiving food stamps and medicaid, etc etc, and the overwhelming majority of those people are also working. The referenced number also includes children and senior citizens, who cannot work or have retired. And guess what, republicans have been using this unbelievably misleading number in the last few years, and its disingenuous and misleading, and you bought it.

here is a politifact article on the misleading number

are moving to another country. i know a bunch of you must have promised at some point that if same sex marriage gets legalized you'd move. how many of you can i count on to keep your word?

Why in the ever living hell would anyone want to leave now. The party hasn't even started. This is gonna get good....depending how you look at it...right? I just want a roster to know the players.

no, you wont. because its not factually accurate. Its only "correct" if you include within the category "people receiving entitlements" ANYONE receiving government money of any kind, including people taking tax deductions, or receiving credits, etc etc, and the overwhelming majority of those people are also working. And guess what, republicans have been using this unbelievably misleading number in the last few years, and its disingenuous and misleading, and you bought it.

Hang on pal, closing up for the day and heading home. get back to you later.

There are plenty of reason to believe the US/World is a better place now than 50-100 years ago.

- The US Violent Crime has dropped drastically since the mid-90s.
- Victimization of Children has declined in the US
- Worldwide people dying as a result of war as dropped significantly
- % of population that is living in poverty and/or starving has declined
- Worldwide life expectancy is growing
- % of enslaved people has decreased

The news just makes it seem like the world just gets worse and worse.

Not everything is better, but by a large the world is a better safer place now than it was in the past.

Reactions: greenvilledoc
There are plenty of reason to believe the US/World is a better place now than 50-100 years ago.

Not everything is better, but by a large the world is a better safer place now than it was in the past.

im looking for some more objective ways to measure the quality of the world. all this subjective shit doesnt matter. can you tell me how many people have accepted jesus christ as their lord and savior? I bet that number is WAY down, and thats why the world is in so much trouble.

Here's the true reality you need to come to grips with. Hot chicks are overwhelmingly in favor of marriage equality. I don't know why but they are. Maybe its because hot chicks always have gay friends. Who knows? But if you surveyed 100 chicks that are 9s or better at least 98 of them would be in favor. Hot chicks dig marriage equality therefore ipso facto I am all for marriage equality.

Reactions: EagleScoutCU15
what does this mean for ministers and churches? Our Church has married gay couples before, so It doesnt really affect me, but Im curious what this means for churches who are little more Old Testament????
Pretty sure that a religious institution can kick out anyone they want from their church and they don't have to perform any marriages they don't want to. The ruling today doesn't affect them in any way other than they might be asked to perform one and they might choose to say no. Gays have no legal standing to sue them on this. The ruling today simply states that it's illegal for states to have laws that exclude gays from marriage.

My husband and I will be moving to Latvia.

no, you wont. because its not factually accurate. Its only "correct" if you include within the category "people receiving entitlements" ANYONE receiving government money of any kind, including people receiving food stamps and medicaid, etc etc, and the overwhelming majority of those people are also working. The referenced number also includes children and senior citizens, who cannot work or have retired. And guess what, republicans have been using this unbelievably misleading number in the last few years, and its disingenuous and misleading, and you bought it.

Yeah, I have already read that article. Of course politifact is a known liberal organization that solely exists to discredit Rebublicans. I am not a republican, btw/. The point was, and still is that welfare is growing in this country and not declining. Anyone with a brain can see how the family structure has been decimated by gov't dependency. It has not been used properly and has now created a gov't dependent voting class for dems. Read "Uncle Sam's Plantation", written by Starr Parker, a woman of color who grew up in it. Our current admin has actively marketed and advertised "welfare" in this country. They are seeking to enroll any and everyone. My middle son, an Aug, 2012 grad of Clemson has chosen where he will live over taking the first good paying job. He has lived in Charleston since early 2013. He makes just enough to live on while waiting on a better job, just because he loves Charleston so much. He called me back in February after doing his taxes on TurboTax. At the very end of submitting his forms, he began receiving pop up links from gov't sponsored sites wanting to enroll him in every kind of program you can think of. Anything from EBT card to free cell phone.

BTW, your analysis of the Politifact article is also misleading. When the article gets to the point about recipients that are working, it says nothing about working full time. I am sure there are are millions of people working part-time who are also recipients, as there are millions of people now having to work part-time so there employer doesn't have to provide healthcare.

Reactions: Earle36

Not flaming you Steele, just to use Transference as my guide here, you have provided no stats, just making statements. Oh, and how can violent crime be down with all the guns that are being purchased on a daily basis? Also, better check into that slavery statement. The sex slave industry is booming.

I agree the numbers are generally skewed. Both sides do that to support their positions. That said, do you agree that too many people are on gov't assistance and we need to actively scale back these programs?

BTW, glad the marriage bill passed. I don't care who marries who, and this will hopefully keep this topic lower on the '16 presidential election priority list.

141209_Charts-Homicide-Rates-US-England.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg

ldah6rdp6ukvngoyqi1fcg.gif

Just a couple graphs to back-up the statements. I don't have anything against guns except I think legislation should do everything that they can to prevent guns from getting into the hands of mentally unstable people. Gun owners are not the problem. Idiots and mentally unstable people with guns are the problem.

Yeah, I have already read that article. Of course politifact is a known liberal organization that solely exists to discredit Rebublicans. I am not a republican, btw/. The point was, and still is that welfare is growing in this country and not declining. Anyone with a brain can see how the family structure has been decimated by gov't dependency. It has not been used properly and has now created a gov't dependent voting class for dems. Read "Uncle Sam's Plantation", written by Starr Parker, a woman of color who grew up in it. Our current admin has actively marketed and advertised "welfare" in this country. They are seeking to enroll any and everyone. My middle son, an Aug, 2012 grad of Clemson has chosen where he will live over taking the first good paying job. He has lived in Charleston since early 2013. He makes just enough to live on while waiting on a better job, just because he loves Charleston so much. He called me back in February after doing his taxes on TurboTax. At the very end of submitting his forms, he began receiving pop up links from gov't sponsored sites wanting to enroll him in every kind of program you can think of. Anything from EBT card to free cell phone.

BTW, your analysis of the Politifact article is also misleading. When the article gets to the point about recipients that are working, it says nothing about working full time. I am sure there are are millions of people working part-time who are also recipients, as there are millions of people now having to work part-time so there employer doesn't have to provide healthcare.
The current dependancy was created by

Keep your head in the sand buddy. The fact is, our current fiscal situation is due to the conservative principles which have allowed the huge disparity in wealth in this country. Walmart is a great micro example of this problem. They pay their workers tiny wages which they can't afford to live on so that the rest of us can buy cheap garbage for next to nothing. The owners are some of the richest people in the country. But most of Walmarts workers are actually on the dole. Does that make any sense? How the hell can anyone live off seven dollars an hour? Conservatives like to say that this job should only be temporary and should eventually turn into higher-paying jobs. How is that supposed to happen when people are raised in poverty and can't afford to go to school? Yes, some people claw their way out. But not everyone can. If we continue down this path, we are eventually going to have two very distinct classes in this country, and it will be 1860 all over again.

The current dependancy was created by

Keep your head in the sand buddy. The fact is, our current fiscal situation is due to the conservative principles which have allowed the huge disparity in wealth in this country. Walmart is a great micro example of this problem. They pay their workers tiny wages which they can't afford to live on so that the rest of us can buy cheap garbage for next to nothing. The owners are some of the richest people in the country. But most of Walmarts workers are actually on the dole. Does that make any sense? How the hell can anyone live off seven dollars an hour? Conservatives like to say that this job should only be temporary and should eventually turn into higher-paying jobs. How is that supposed to happen when people are raised in poverty and can't afford to go to school? Yes, some people claw their way out. But not everyone can. If we continue down this path, we are eventually going to have two very distinct classes in this country, and it will be 1860 all over again.

Get your head out of your ass buddy. Using Wal Mart is a dumbass example? Why? Because over 80% of jobs are created by small business. I'll ask you this...do you own a company? Have you? If you haven't, your beliefs may make YOU feel good, but they're less than informed, intelligent or accurate. Do you even know what our social programs pay? Expect for that money? There is NOTHING wrong with wanting the best for everyone. There is everything wrong with zero checks and balances. There is everything wrong with broadcasting non-truths as the truth when you have no practical experience. My daughter and her husband sounded like you 7 years ago. They now own a successful restaurant and have 2 children. They laughed.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT