ADVERTISEMENT

So, how many of you

The current dependancy was created by

Keep your head in the sand buddy. The fact is, our current fiscal situation is due to the conservative principles which have allowed the huge disparity in wealth in this country. Walmart is a great micro example of this problem. They pay their workers tiny wages which they can't afford to live on so that the rest of us can buy cheap garbage for next to nothing. The owners are some of the richest people in the country. But most of Walmarts workers are actually on the dole. Does that make any sense? How the hell can anyone live off seven dollars an hour? Conservatives like to say that this job should only be temporary and should eventually turn into higher-paying jobs. How is that supposed to happen when people are raised in poverty and can't afford to go to school? Yes, some people claw their way out. But not everyone can. If we continue down this path, we are eventually going to have two very distinct classes in this country, and it will be 1860 all over again.

Wow! All I am going to say to this is I am glad our current Offensive Coordinators aren't as liberally misguided as you and I am sure that our next OC won't be either.
Hey, nobody is forcing anyone to work at WallyWorld, right? If you don't like your job at WallyWorld, go apply somewhere that pays more! Your argument is fallacious at best. That's why you don't see me working at WallWorld, but in fact for three years, I worked in a buddies retail shop for 10 bucks an hour and could only get 25 hours a week. took me three frickin' years to find the job I now enjoy. You know what? No conservative was responsible for it. I took no assistance during that time either. You people that think businesses exist so that workers can make high wages are just too ignorant to even have a discussion.

are moving to another country. i know a bunch of you must have promised at some point that if same sex marriage gets legalized you'd move. how many of you can i count on to keep your word?

So glad you aren't the type that tries to antagonize people for their beliefs. No one said that or denounced their citizenship.

Wow! All I am going to say to this is I am glad our current Offensive Coordinators aren't as liberally misguided as you and I am sure that our next OC won't be either.
Hey, nobody is forcing anyone to work at WallyWorld, right? If you don't like your job at WallyWorld, go apply somewhere that pays more! Your argument is fallacious at best. That's why you don't see me working at WallWorld, but in fact for three years, I worked in a buddies retail shop for 10 bucks an hour and could only get 25 hours a week. took me three frickin' years to find the job I now enjoy. You know what? No conservative was responsible for it. I took no assistance during that time either. You people that think businesses exist so that workers can make high wages are just too ignorant to even have a discussion.
And those of you that think workers are just there to be exploited are too selfish to try to convince otherwise. And yes, conservatives ARE to blame for the current structure that allows 5 Waltons to be billionaires and at the same time allowing workers to make $7 an hour without having to provide medical converage. Like I said, keep your head in the sand.

No it is in the army where I know for a fact a gay Soldier married a woman just to receive Basic Allowance for Housing and so he wouldn't have to live in the barracks. Thanks for playing.

No it is in the army where I know for a fact a gay Soldier married a woman just to receive Basic Allowance for Housing and so he wouldn't have to live in the barracks. Thanks for playing.

Ah didn't think of it that way.. a beard.. that's not that uncommon sense straight relationships are more socially accepted. When someone says buddy I think of two guys. I was talking about two straight guys getting married that will not become a common practice.

And those of you that think workers are just there to be exploited are too selfish to try to convince otherwise. And yes, conservatives ARE to blame for the current structure that allows 5 Waltons to be billionaires and at the same time allowing workers to make $7 an hour without having to provide medical converage. Like I said, keep your head in the sand.

You do know that everybody that works at Walmart actually applied there, and knew what their wage would be before accepting the job, right? How exactly are they exploiting anyone. The only people I see working there who have been exploited, are the poor retirees who still have to work because an overblown, ever growing government spent all of their SS contributions instead of investing it. Basically, the same thing Bernie Madoff (sp) did to exploit his investors. Now that, my friend is exploitation!

what does this mean for ministers and churches? Our Church has married gay couples before, so It doesnt really affect me, but Im curious what this means for churches who are little more Old Testament????
It means absolutely nothing. Any church anywhere could hold a same sex wedding ceremony at anytime before this ruling. Just the same, no church is required to do so after the ruling.

The religious institution of marriage is separate from the legal one.

Reactions: Smiling_Tiger
Ah didn't think of it that way.. a beard.. that's not that common sense straight relationships are more socially accepted. I was talking about two straight guys getting married that will not become a common practice.

Anything for benefits, don't matter if gay or straight.

It means absolutely nothing. Any church anywhere could hold a same sex wedding ceremony at anytime before this ruling. Just the same, no church is required to do so after the ruling.

The religious institution of marriage is separate from the legal one.
What you're saying is true, but to perform a legal marriage, one must obtain a gov't issued certificate or license of some sort to fill out and sign the paperwork to legally marry a couple. I can easily see the gov't refusing to license or certify ministers who refuse to marry homosexuals. Thus, the Christian or even Muslim hetero couple would have to marry twice; once in their religious ceremony by their minister and again by some gov't certified person for the legal side of it.

You do know that everybody that works at Walmart actually applied there, and knew what their wage would be before accepting the job, right? How exactly are they exploiting anyone. The only people I see working there who have been exploited, are the poor retirees who still have to work because an overblown, ever growing government spent all of their SS contributions instead of investing it. Basically, the same thing Bernie Madoff (sp) did to exploit his investors. Now that, my friend is exploitation!

Watch the High Price of Low Costs... Walmart is pretty much a global cancer they exploit people worldwide. From sweatshops factories, in the US they were docking people's hours for going to the bathroom & not paying people the wages they earned, their employees are the largest recipients of social programs in the whole country, they probably pay about as much corporate tax as you do income tax, and they wreck small communities local economies & the actual area where they set up shop.

Watch the High Price of Low Costs... Walmart is pretty much a global cancer they exploit people worldwide. From sweatshops factories, in the US they were docking people's hours for going to the bathroom & not paying people the wages they earned, their employees are the largest recipients of social programs in the whole country, they probably pay about as much corporate tax as you do income tax, and they wreck small communities local economies & the actual area where they set up shop.

Hey, I've seen all of this and all about Walmart. The biggest question is a simple one. Why does anyone work there?

What you're saying is true, but to perform a legal marriage, one must obtain a gov't issued certificate or license of some sort to fill out and sign the paperwork to legally marry a couple. I can easily see the gov't refusing to license or certify ministers who refuse to marry homosexuals. Thus, the Christian or even Muslim hetero couple would have to marry twice; once in their religious ceremony by their minister and again by some gov't certified person for the legal side of it.
I suppose that's a possibility. But I find that to be improbable. Speaking as a liberal, I also doubt many liberals would support such a move. Certainly conservatives would not.

Asking because I honestly don't know: is there any form of punishment for a clergy who refuses to marry a black person and white person? I doubt this happens much anymore, but in the past has the clergy lost their certification or a church lost its tax exempt status? What has happened with issues like this in the past might be a good indicator of whether or not there is cause for concern when it comes to same sex marriage.

I suppose that's a possibility. But I find that to be improbable. Speaking as a liberal, I also doubt many liberals would support such a move. Certainly conservatives would not.

Asking because I honestly don't know: is there any form of punishment for a clergy who refuses to marry a black person and white person? I doubt this happens much anymore, but in the past has the clergy lost their certification or a church lost its tax exempt status? What has happened with issues like this in the past might be a good indicator of whether or not there is cause for concern when it comes to same sex marriage.

Not that I know of. The churches I have attended for the last 30 years or so have a mixed congregation. You're right though. to When I was a small kid growing up in the 60's, the church I grew up in had a problem with non whites attending, and even had a plan in place to dismiss the congregation if a non-white person(s) showed up. Even at 6 years old, I knew that God had no part of that; because at 6 years old, I already knew God.

I agree the numbers are generally skewed. Both sides do that to support their positions. That said, do you agree that too many people are on gov't assistance and we need to actively scale back these programs?

BTW, glad the marriage bill passed. I don't care who marries who, and this will hopefully keep this topic lower on the '16 presidential election priority list.

im not sure what "too many" is and I dont agree that we need to actively scale back these programs. They should be airtight, so that there is as little fraud as humanly possible, but if people need assistance I believe its the moral responsibility of the government of the richest country on the planet to provide it.

Should a person receive government support their whole life while making no effort to improve themselves? probably not. But despite everyone on this board's cousin knowing someone who does it, government assistance isnt exactly enough to live a good life off of. Finally, I think its ridiculous to tell a person receiving government assistance what they can and cant spend that money on. If theyd like to save up for months so that they and their family can have a party, or a lobster dinner, or a steak dinner, thats fine with me. That being said, there should be a time limit a person can receive benefits without showing proof that they are attempting to make a better life for themselves, education, job etc...

To your last point, the SupCt this week took two issues off the table that most of america is sick of politicians talking about/fighting, the ACA and gay marriage. Most of america believes same-sex couples should be able to marry, and that people deserve affordable health care, and that healthcare is a right, not a privilege for the wealthy. Both of those issues have been polled, and its not close. But for some reason, republican presidential candidates spent all week talking about a corrupt supreme court, a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage (WHICH IS LITERALLY NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN), and their continuing desire to repeal Obamacare (which OMB said would cost WAY MORE than the bill's continued normal operation). Its embarrassing, is absolutely going to end up with Hillary Clinton as our president, and I think your wrong, they wont stop talking about it. And trust me, we wont let them :).

im not sure what "too many" is and I dont agree that we need to actively scale back these programs. They should be airtight, so that there is as little fraud as humanly possible, but if people need assistance I believe its the moral responsibility of the government of the richest country on the planet to provide it.

Should a person receive government support their whole life while making no effort to improve themselves? probably not. But despite everyone on this board's cousin knowing someone who does it, government assistance isnt exactly enough to live a good life off of. Finally, I think its ridiculous to tell a person receiving government assistance what they can and cant spend that money on. If theyd like to save up for months so that they and their family can have a party, or a lobster dinner, or a steak dinner, thats fine with me. That being said, there should be a time limit a person can receive benefits without showing proof that they are attempting to make a better life for themselves, education, job etc...

To your last point, the SupCt this week took two issues off the table that most of america is sick of politicians talking about/fighting, the ACA and gay marriage. Most of america believes same-sex couples should be able to marry, and that people deserve affordable health care, and that healthcare is a right, not a privilege for the wealthy. Both of those issues have been polled, and its not close. But for some reason, republican presidential candidates spent all week talking about a corrupt supreme court, a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage (WHICH IS LITERALLY NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN), and their continuing desire to repeal Obamacare (which OMB said would cost WAY MORE than the bill's continued normal operation). Its embarrassing, is absolutely going to end up with Hillary Clinton as our president, and I think your wrong, they wont stop talking about it. And trust me, we wont let them :).

Unbelievably, your guys lost the House, the Senate, and an unbelievable number of governorships in historically unprecedented fashion. After reading that, it really is unbelievable.

They are under attack from terrorists, liberals, gays, atheists, etc. This has happened over and over in history with our ancestors.

I wonder which of these categories this guy falls into?

dylann-roof-anti-american-photos-pp.jpg

Hey, I've seen all of this and all about Walmart. The biggest question is a simple one. Why does anyone work there?
it's amazing that you can't figure this out for yourself. It's because that there's nothing else available. all of the jobs that didn't require a lot of education have now gone to China, thanks to conservatives. There are just too many people and not enough jobs. It's one thing if you work in a big city. But what is somebody who lives in a small town in South Carolina that only has a high school degree supposed to do for a job that actually makes a decent salary? our school system has failed us because of a lack of funding and it has trickled into everyday life, leading to Long paying jobs, which lead to people being on the dole. It's a vicious cycle. But calling them lazy and taking away their aid is not going to solve the problem, it's only going to make it worse...which people like you can never seem to figure out.

Unbelievably, your guys lost the House, the Senate, and an unbelievable number of governorships in historically unprecedented fashion. After reading that, it really is unbelievable.

im not sure what this is in response to, but you're delusional if you think a republican is going to win the presidency in 2016. Bernie will never beat hillary, but honestly, he might beat a republican in a national election.

Gerrymandering. It's a thing.

Transference... It is not the decision it is the fact that the Federal government should not be involved... Each state should make its own laws , and has done so on domestic matters for hundreds of years. States have differing laws on inheritance, marriage, legal ages etc.

If you don't like them move! That is part of a Federalist representative democracy!

But then again you seem to be a Federal Goverment clone...so you won't agree with states rights. This decision ranks with Dredd Scott, Roe v Wade.... Imposition of a national norm instead of accepting the determination of the citizens. Are you afraid of democracy? If so many states have decided it is OK, don't you think you have the winning argument? Or do you prefer Judicial tyranny of 9 people who are about as non representative of the population as "straight whites". All form Harvard and Yale Law, not a single one from the south, Midwest, plains, mountains or southwest, 4 from NYC, not a single Protestant or evangelical..... Sounds like a jury of my peers.

Read what Scalia wrote if you are capable of reading reason. Like he said it is not the issue it is how it was done, just like Obamacare...

The tyranny of the judiciary is the last step.... Welcome to the new world order.

Oh, and not to worry, I am sure they are all good people just like Judas was a disciple.

it's amazing that you can't figure this out for yourself. It's because that there's nothing else available. all of the jobs that didn't require a lot of education have now gone to China, thanks to conservatives. There are just too many people and not enough jobs. It's one thing if you work in a big city. But what is somebody who lives in a small town in South Carolina that only has a high school degree supposed to do for a job that actually makes a decent salary? our school system has failed us because of a lack of funding and it has trickled into everyday life, leading to Long paying jobs, which lead to people being on the dole. It's a vicious cycle. But calling them lazy and taking away their aid is not going to solve the problem, it's only going to make it worse...which people like you can never seem to figure out.[/

Again, so much fail, that I am flabbergasted. So, the reason people work at evil Walmart is because there is nothing else available? All the good jobs that don't require education have gone to China. So should these folks move to China to get these jobs that don't require education? I am sure they probably pay more in China. I am guessing that you are saying that people in big cities all have good or better jobs than people in small towns. I guess those city folk don't have to work at Walmart. OK, I get it, now. There's no other jobs available in rural America except Walmart jobs, so if you don't have enough money to move to China to get the better jobs that the republicans sent over there, you better move to city. Just don't move to a city where there's republicans.

Had to come back and ask another question. So, the rural people who have no choice but to work at Walmart, would they be better off if Walmart wasn't there? If so, how?

God cares !! This country if it continues along this path is going to hell .

I was asking a friend this yesterday. What was the the high water mark for this country? When we attacking the Indians? The trail of tears? Enslaving an entire race of people? Falsely imprisoning Asian Americans during WWII? Making blacks drink from separate water fountains? There are countless examples of moral wrongs each century that one can name but we have taken great steps as a nation to right them.

Letting gays get married seems relatively harmless if you ask me.

Reactions: XCUDB and firegiver
Again, so much fail, that I am flabbergasted. So, the reason people work at evil Walmart is because there is nothing else available? All the good jobs that don't require education have gone to China. So should these folks move to China to get these jobs that don't require education? I am sure they probably pay more in China. I am guessing that you are saying that people in big cities all have good or better jobs than people in small towns. I guess those city folk don't have to work at Walmart. OK, I get it, now. There's no other jobs available in rural America except Walmart jobs, so if you don't have enough money to move to China to get the better jobs that the republicans sent over there, you better move to city. Just don't move to a city where there's republicans.

Had to come back and ask another question. So, the rural people who have no choice but to work at Walmart, would they be better off if Walmart wasn't there? If so, how?
I cant believe how dumb you are. Obviously you did not graduate from Clemson. Please go to FGF where you belong.

Considering the many many small businesses that Walmart has put out of business and that those small businesses used to provide decent salaries and even benefits, then yes people might have been better off.

I'm headed to Costa Rica but what about Paraquay and Equador?

I thought that Honduras was the place to flee.

The mighty whitey, the mouth of the South, Neal Boortz, put up a primer on the InterWeb on how to move you and your wealth there.

I cant believe how dumb you are. Obviously you did not graduate from Clemson. Please go to FGF where you belong.

Thanks for more of your pearls of wisdom. Actually, I did graduate from Clemson. You, obviously have no background in Economics and have little understanding of how the U.S. became the most powerful country in the world. Don't fret, I think our country is now ranked 12th in economic freedom, so it won't be long before you and your socialist buddies right all the wrongs and put everyone on a level.
http://www.heritage.org/index/ranking

How many on here are willing to cut their salaries from their household to give others "fair" salaries or wages?

Minimal works deserves minimal pay. I walk into Walmart, lowes, etc.. On a daily basis. I see workers on their cell phones having conversations with each other and not giving a rip about customer service.

The $600 a I get taken out of my check every paycheck for SS will not be there when I retire on the path that we are going. $20 trillion in debt and it keeps rising due to more social programs and an unaffordable healthcare for middle class Americans.

You may think that, but, by "creating new rights" it means there are more thing to enforce and no one knows how they will turn out... More Goverment, more lawyers , more controversy. What they should have done is let each state reach its own conclusion...eventually it would have been the law in most states but now you have forced it on a population that has yet to accept it.

Waiting for the first lawsuit forcing a church to marry a gay couple.. And years or decades of litigation....Coming in 5...4...3...2...... Just more government.

what does this mean for ministers and churches? Our Church has married gay couples before, so It doesnt really affect me, but Im curious what this means for churches who are little more Old Testament????

The response I have heard is that some Churches will stop allowing non-members to be married there, and the pastor will not do a wedding of non-members. And a Church's right to allow or deny membership is pretty well protected, I think.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT