ADVERTISEMENT

Supreme Court has ruled

Have you ever thought that same sex unions can't reproduce that it may be wrong. Just take religion and government out of it sometimes common sense should go into play.

Yes, I have thought about it. I've thought that it takes a village to raise a child. I've thought it's best to have a loving family to raise a child. I've thought its best to have 2 role models in the household instead of 1. All of those are common sense in play.

So the man and woman who can't produce because she's infertile or he can't get it up. They're screwed.

No sperm donor, no in vitro, no adoption because that man and woman can't reproduce.

Go ahead and tell that to your family member, or friend or maybe yourself that they shouldn't have a kid because they couldn't do it the old fashioned way. Ridiculous.

Are all gay families going to be perfect? No. But on average they will be better than the man and woman version. I'll take those odds to produce better people.

Reactions: Smiling_Tiger
Damn what the hell are some of yall gonna do when your guns and flags go and get gay married now?

Neither can two people who are straight where one is infertile or where one or the other is above the age where they can biologically have a child. Are you saying the only people that should be legally allowed to get married are two straight people who are biologically capable of having a child?
If nothing is medically wrong with a man or woman that is the only way naturally to have a child agree? I think it's a wonderful thing for a man and woman to be able to adopt a child that needs a home. A man or woman that's infertile they did not choose to be that way they was born that way unlike being gay that is a choice whether you want to believe it or not.

Reactions: wta21080
Yes, I have thought about it. I've thought that it takes a village to raise a child. I've thought it's best to have a loving family to raise a child. I've thought its best to have 2 role models in the household instead of 1. All of those are common sense in play.

So the man and woman who can't produce because she's infertile or he can't get it up. They're screwed.

No sperm donor, no in vitro, no adoption because that man and woman can't reproduce.

Go ahead and tell that to your family member, or friend or maybe yourself that they shouldn't have a kid because they couldn't do it the old fashioned way. Ridiculous.

Are all gay families going to be perfect? No. But on average they will be better than the man and woman version. I'll take those odds to produce better people.
Should quit reading Hillary Clinton books. It doesn't take a village to raise a child.

Boooo!!!
It's s sin and if you don't agree, then argue with your creator about it, I love the sinner but hate the sin. Jesus is the Way to Eternal life.
Fire away hater's!

You have the right to let whatever leads your life as I. But one day what if you didn't cause of laws passed.
I must have missed where you are no longer allowed to use the bible as justification for your beliefs.

clayton-bigsby-meme-generator-if-you-have-hate-in-your-heart-let-it-out-170190.jpg

I must have missed where you are no longer allowed to use the bible as justification for your beliefs.
The Bible will tell how to live your life according to what God says and what I believe. I believe it just like you have the right not to. It's an individuals choice.

Reactions: Earle36
The Bible will tell how to live your life according to what God says and what I believe. I believe it just like you have the right not to. It's an individuals choice.
Why do you keep saying the same thing I do...

Or just maybe people will realize that using a book that is a few centuries old, cobbled together over the course of 300ish years, shouldn't be their sole source to determine societal norms...

How very haughty of you. Way to trivialize the Bible. There's also plenty of examples of societies' norms in that book and where those societies ended up. I think it's hard to take some seriously where they speak tolerance out of one side of their mouth, but marginalize religious values and ideals for a greater part of the population than the appx 1mil gay couples in the country. Seems to me that more people believe in the words in the Bible than words on a constitution written by some men a few hundred years ago.[/QUOTE]
Whats the problem here? That people have the same rights now?

No one has marginalized your values because a value is a subjective thing, so only you control that. If your values are less today than they were yesterday, then thats your fault, not a couple dudes making out in a Denny's booth...

Reactions: ClemTiger9
If nothing is medically wrong with a man or woman that is the only way naturally to have a child agree? I think it's a wonderful thing for a man and woman to be able to adopt a child that needs a home. A man or woman that's infertile they did not choose to be that way they was born that way unlike being gay that is a choice whether you want to believe it or not.

Do you remember the day you chose to be straight?

Reactions: Smiling_Tiger
Do you remember the day you chose to be straight?
No but I can tell you I've never had ANY desire to be with a man. But I've lusted after numerous women which is a sin itself. I done just about any drug you could imagine and drunk for over 25 years which I choose to do but until I changed and new that in my opinion was wrong I would still be doing it. Just like any other sin you can say you were born that way and say it's proven by scientists but it's still is a choice.

The way i look at the choice question is that I had no choice in being straight, none at all. It was a physical response. I figure if their physical response is different than mine, so be it.

Living in the world we do and going back the last few decades, who would willing want to choose to be gay. It has not been a smooth path for them. Is this only an argument so that we can say God had nothing to do with it?

It's legal in all 50 states.
So do the Feds now send SWAT to force the Pastor to provide marriage services? If not, here in the South they could have voted public blowjobs legal and you'll never see them. For that matter...most of the country.

My sister is gay. She had a "commitment ceremony" 30 years ago this coming September. I attended. I could care less about gay marriage. BUT....forcing this kind of shit down this country's throat will have it's paybacks. KARMA is a nasty bitch.

I am a practicing Catholic - firm believer in not judging others - we all fall short, we all sin. My personal opinion is that gays should have the right to civil unions and given all the privileges accorded through marriage.

But you don't change the definition of marriage. You don't call an apple an orange, it's still an apple. From the beginning of time it's been an apple - now a very vocal minority decides its an orange?

What a joke.

How very haughty of you. Way to trivialize the Bible. There's also plenty of examples of societies' norms in that book and where those societies ended up. I think it's hard to take some seriously where they speak tolerance out of one side of their mouth, but marginalize religious values and ideals for a greater part of the population than the appx 1mil gay couples in the country. Seems to me that more people believe in the words in the Bible than words on a constitution written by some men a few hundred years ago.
Whats the problem here? That people have the same rights now?

No one has marginalized your values because a value is a subjective thing, so only you control that. If your values are less today than they were yesterday, then thats your fault, not a couple dudes making out in a Denny's booth...[/QUOTE]

In my next life I hope to reach your level of enlightenment.

Reactions: -4th&inches-
this has nothing really to do with religious ceremonies. It has everything to do with getting health care benefits. I mean, we were walking the line that the Catholic priest that married my wife and I after he found out I was Southern Baptist and we were living together. 3 churches turned us down just on the Baptist. I also had to sign a document that said I would raise my kid as a catholic (my official religion on the document was "deviant of cult"). Sucks being considered the "devient" doesnt it. I do not think black helicopters are going to be come over to force anybody to do anything on the church side. Maybe on the state licensing side, but that is a legal matter

You have the right to let whatever leads your life as I. But one day what if you didn't cause of laws passed.

What are you even talking about? In what way does the legalization of gay marriage not allow you to lead your life as you please?

Have you ever thought that same sex unions can't reproduce that it may be wrong. Just take religion and government out of it sometimes common sense should go into play.

So...two people who are infertile shouldn't be able to marry either, right? That the purpose of marriage is to reproduce so if you can't, go find something else to ruin. Besides that, as has been mentioned, I'd MUCH rather see children raised by loving, married adults no matter their sexual preference than so many who end up ruined because of broken homes or they're abused, neglected, etc but shitty parents, many of whom are Christian and constantly sin yet judge others because they like to play with each others dicks...I would say scissor but it's always been clear that the issue people have tends towards a dislike of gay males. Unfortunately there are tons of kids put of for adoption that would be much better off in loving homes.

All of the time I see people refer to the idea that marriage is defined in the bible and the bible's definition is that it is between a man & a woman, that it's something that is sacred, Christian, God established its intent. Where the outrage towards divorce? What about non-Christians marrying? Shouldn't it belong to Christianity alone? How about that family with 19 kids whose son molested his little sisters yet they just try to cover it up, act like nothing happen and live the word of God...that's much worse than anal sex. It's also funny how many dudes will celebrate f$%king a girl in the ass like it's an accomplishment but when two guys get busy they deserve to go to hell. Shit, Sarah Palin's daughter supposedly has two kids out of wedlock from different men...yet it was okay for her mom to speak about right and wrong, raising children, blah blah.

There just are so many people that knowingly and routinely sin, even doing so affecting the lives of others yet knowingly and routinely judge people whose behavior and preferences, have absolutely no affect on those doing the judging. "Judge not that ye be not judged" or something like that? Where's that from?

I think Christianity can be great, can give people purpose and something to believe in, help establish morals but the goddamn condemning of others who don't believe in what you do or live their lives differently is gross. I have no problem with Christianity in general but those who use it as a tool to determine what others should not be able to do? GFY.

And don't start with..."Well you're judging me!" First let people live without casting any stones and none will then be cast your way. Or something like that...you started it.

So do the Feds now send SWAT to force the Pastor to provide marriage services? If not, here in the South they could have voted public blowjobs legal and you'll never see them. For that matter...most of the country.

My sister is gay. She had a "commitment ceremony" 30 years ago this coming September. I attended. I could care less about gay marriage. BUT....forcing this kind of shit down this country's throat will have it's paybacks. KARMA is a nasty bitch.
What are you even talking about? In what way does the legalization of gay marriage not allow you to lead your life as you please?

So...two people who are infertile shouldn't be able to marry either, right? That the purpose of marriage is to reproduce so if you can't, go find something else to ruin. Besides that, as has been mentioned, I'd MUCH rather see children raised by loving, married adults no matter their sexual preference than so many who end up ruined because of broken homes or they're abused, neglected, etc but shitty parents, many of whom are Christian and constantly sin yet judge others because they like to play with each others dicks...I would say scissor but it's always been clear that the issue people have tends towards a dislike of gay males. Unfortunately there are tons of kids put of for adoption that would be much better off in loving homes.

All of the time I see people refer to the idea that marriage is defined in the bible and the bible's definition is that it is between a man & a woman, that it's something that is sacred, Christian, God established its intent. Where the outrage towards divorce? What about non-Christians marrying? Shouldn't it belong to Christianity alone? How about that family with 19 kids whose son molested his little sisters yet they just try to cover it up, act like nothing happen and live the word of God...that's much worse than anal sex. It's also funny how many dudes will celebrate f$%king a girl in the ass like it's an accomplishment but when two guys get busy they deserve to go to hell. Shit, Sarah Palin's daughter supposedly has two kids out of wedlock from different men...yet it was okay for her mom to speak about right and wrong, raising children, blah blah.

There just are so many people that knowingly and routinely sin, even doing so affecting the lives of others yet knowingly and routinely judge people whose behavior and preferences, have absolutely no affect on those doing the judging. "Judge not that ye be not judged" or something like that? Where's that from?

I think Christianity can be great, can give people purpose and something to believe in, help establish morals but the goddamn condemning of others who don't believe in what you do or live their lives differently is gross. I have no problem with Christianity in general but those who use it as a tool to determine what others should not be able to do? GFY.

And don't start with..."Well you're judging me!" First let people live without casting any stones and none will then be cast your way. Or something like that...you started it.
First off I haven't judge anyone. I've just stated my belief on what a marriage should be. Show me something different I'll be glad to apologize it wouldn't be the first or last time I've been wrong. TigerGUY don't know how your post got in this. Sorry. Hey I've got gay friends now and had a very close gay friend lawyer that died with aids back in the 90's. I'm like you the government is already stuffing it down our throats and it's only the beginning of it.

Of the 613 laws in the Old Testament, how many of you invoking the bible adhere to all of them? Homosexuality is dealt with by one of those laws. I imagine a lot of people ITT using the bible, adhere to a very small percentage of that 613.

First off I haven't judge anyone. I've just stated my belief on what a marriage should be. Show me something different I'll be glad to apologize it wouldn't be the first or last time I've been wrong.
You apparently missed my point buddy. Point 1...The Feds can vote all they want to do what they want....but they'll never force the church into performing the ceremonies. Point 2...my sister is gay. She needed no ceremony. As a bonus, I'll throw this in...if anyone thinks that gays wanted that 1 less or 1 extra chromosome that make them who they are, you'd probably be wrong. I can't help anyone if they don't do their homework and know the physiological facts of gays. (scartiger...NOT directed at you for the Bonus :D )

Reactions: scartiger
I thought an extra chromosome gave you Downs not gayness? (it that a real word? Gayness?)

18 Trillion dollars in debt and we are worried about who marries who, what flag is flying.........oh well. so goes Rome

Should quit reading Hillary Clinton books. It doesn't take a village to raise a child.

My reference regarding a village is extended family, a solid local neighborhood, schools, athletic teams.

My wife and I are just one part of a massive equation. Certainly we have the primary part but where we live, how we live, and who my kids associate with make a huge difference.

I couldn't care what Hillary, Oprah, Dr Phil, or anyone who provides a perspective. My perspective is my own.

Isn't the real issue here that some people always have and always will want more of everything than anyone else has - money, civil rights, etc.? It's greed, not Jesus. Jesus is just a rationalization.

No but I can tell you I've never had ANY desire to be with a man. But I've lusted after numerous women which is a sin itself. I done just about any drug you could imagine and drunk for over 25 years which I choose to do but until I changed and new that in my opinion was wrong I would still be doing it. Just like any other sin you can say you were born that way and say it's proven by scientists but it's still is a choice.

CerealSpitting.png

Isn't the real issue here that some people always have and always will want more of everything than anyone else has - money, civil rights, etc.? It's greed, not Jesus. Jesus is just a rationalization.

Yes, it's greedy to want civil rights. Just like those greedy black people back in the 60s.

I do not want to think that the non gay marriage people are being greedy, but I guess you are right. They are trying to keep marriage to themselves. That is greedy! Totally agree with you

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT