ADVERTISEMENT

This is getting ridiculous... Apple yanking games with Confederate Flag

Thank you Apple and any other company mature enough to remove the confederate flag! I love Clemson University so very much but I am embarrassed to say the confederate flag still flies above its state's capitol. This symbol has always represented the CSA which was built on slavery. The confederate flag can be flown on a personal basis but not above the capitol. The CSA ceased to exist in the 1860s. Therefore SC is no longer part of the CSA. So why does it still fly above its highest structure of government?

Thank you Apple and any other company mature enough to remove the confederate flag! I love Clemson University so very much but I am embarrassed to say the confederate flag still flies above its state's capitol. This symbol has always represented the CSA which was built on slavery. The confederate flag can be flown on a personal basis but not above the capitol. The CSA ceased to exist in the 1860s. Therefore SC is no longer part of the CSA. So why does it still fly above its highest structure of government?

This isn't the capital. This is a civil war game. It's on par with a book or a movie. This is a move beyond sensitivity to literally trying to erase history.

It's the principal of it. It's bullshit for people to be able to censor anything and everything because they got the panties in a wad. If you want to make a game that has the Confederate Flag on it you should be able to. It's YOUR right to! It's the premise that this country was founded on. It's not about taking the flag down. Honestly how many people go and see the thing anyways. I see it around town all the time. Probably gonna see it more after they take it down. There using the flag as a way to take your rights away. That's why you should care

It's the principal of it. It's bullshit for people to be able to censor anything and everything because they got the panties in a wad. If you want to make a game that has the Confederate Flag on it you should be able to. It's YOUR right to! It's the premise that this country was founded on. It's not about taking the flag down. Honestly how many people go and see the thing anyways. I see it around town all the time. Probably gonna see it more after they take it down. There using the flag as a way to take your rights away. That's why you should care

Kinda like it's Apple's right to do what they want to do?

Anyone whose been reading through the threads knows I've been staunchly on the side of taking the flag down. But removing it from media and merchandise is totally different IMO. I understand why they are doing it, however. No company wants to be the one who "supports" that

Reactions: petegroove
I applaud Apple for this brave symbolic gesture. After all, if we get rid of all the Confederate flags, then violence will end. Racism will end. We can forget about history and therefore never repeat it. And no one will need to make the more difficult decisions about how to recognize and help young adult males who feel completely disenfranchised from a broken society obsessed with celebrity, materialism and instant gratification.

Expect more of the same. This is like all the corporations/organizations/institutions who can't push each other out of the way fast enough in their efforts to appease minorities or LGBT'ers or whatever the next oppressed people flavor of the day will be and thus seemingly prove their diversification and sensitivity bona fides. All out of fear they'll be crucified like that pizza place in Indiana.

Reactions: Tigerpaw00
LOL, this isn't England taxing the colonies. Try again

Expect more of the same. This is like all the corporations/organizations/institutions who can't push each other out of the way fast enough in their efforts to appease minorities or LGBT'ers or whatever the next oppressed people flavor of the day will be and thus seemingly prove their diversification and sensitivity bona fides. All out of fear they'll be crucified like that pizza place in Indiana.

I'm tired of everyone going out of their way to appease all groups but us white, Christian, southern males! It's like WE'RE the new oppressed group and I'm tired of it. All those "flavors" are like the chai, acai, kale, quinoas of the world and we're stuck being treated like vanilla. White girls LOVE chai, acai, kale & quinoa...they're trying to take our women.

LOL, this isn't England taxing the colonies. Try again
You can turn a blind eye to what's going on in this country all you want. It starts with a flag but where does it end. Where do the people in this country draw the line. Apple can do whatever they want to do there just part of the problem. Until till the people in this country wake up this kind of thing will continue to happen

It's the principal of it. It's bullshit for people to be able to censor anything and everything because they got the panties in a wad. If you want to make a game that has the Confederate Flag on it you should be able to. It's YOUR right to! It's the premise that this country was founded on.

First nobody is taking anybodies right to make a game that has a Confederate Flag in it away. Apple a private company is simple choosing not to sell the game. This is how the system works. Now do I think it is too harsh to ban it in video games about the Civil War or off book covers about the Civil War sure, but Apple has always censured with a broad brush and it is their right to do so. Apple could stop selling all games with American Flags in them that is their choice. You could respond by never buying anything Apple again in your life.

Come here for a reprieve of the politics of the day.
Slow season or not, please move all of this to the other boards.
Cris, time for some house cleaning!

If you go up to the top under Setting a click Options there is a feature that you can turn off that prevents you from clicking on all threads.

Do you really think the stars and bars still fly over the capital building?
(BTW, I think it is good idea to remove it from the flag pole ON THE GROUND near the street in front of the building. Also, it is Apple's business what they sell and do not sell.)

Honestly, who gives a shit? If you get your panties in a wad about this, then what won't offend you?
I would say the same to those who are offended by the flag.
In fact, the Constitution guarantees me the right to offend others.

Apple can do as they please. Beauty of the free market. Now if you use Apple products now you can drop them if you disagree with the move. If you agree with the move and do not use Apple products then by all means go buy yourself some Apple products. Now if the gov't made Apple drop the games then I would have a problem with it.

Reactions: TigerLion06
Apple can do as they please. Beauty of the free market. Now if you use Apple products now you can drop them if you disagree with the move. If you agree with the move and do not use Apple products then by all means go buy yourself some Apple products. Now if the gov't made Apple drop the games then I would have a problem with it.
God I love as capital of a market as we have today. Agree or disagree with the message, the premise remains.

I'm tired of everyone going out of their way to appease all groups but us white, Christian, southern males! It's like WE'RE the new oppressed group and I'm tired of it. All those "flavors" are like the chai, acai, kale, quinoas of the world and we're stuck being treated like vanilla. White girls LOVE chai, acai, kale & quinoa...they're trying to take our women.

Yeah life is hard for y'all. I can't imagine being you.

Just leave the country. smh. Exaggerate much?

You have either never stepped foot in Columbia or are complete potato. The flag does not fly above the state capital.I'm equally embarassed for you and all those that actually "liked" your post.

You have either never stepped foot in Columbia or are complete potato. The flag does not fly above the state capital.I'm equally embarassed for you and all those that actually "liked" your post.
While your point technicality is valid, his point remains more so valid.

I am not trying to be funny here ok. With the Flag issue along with the Redskins issue and such. What are the chances that say PETA comes along and petitions the Gamecocks to drop their mascot? I mean it is by definition a roster bred and trained for fighting.

First nobody is taking anybodies right to make a game that has a Confederate Flag in it away. Apple a private company is simple choosing not to sell the game. This is how the system works. Now do I think it is too harsh to ban it in video games about the Civil War or off book covers about the Civil War sure, but Apple has always censured with a broad brush and it is their right to do so. Apple could stop selling all games with American Flags in them that is their choice. You could respond by never buying anything Apple again in your life.

this, with a stronger rebuke of apples. they are super stupid.

Of course its their right, but removing a game like a historical wargame from their store because it depicts the civil war and uses the various flags to denote unit allegiance, is really dumb. like, really really dumb.

I applaud Apple for this brave symbolic gesture. After all, if we get rid of all the Confederate flags, then violence will end. Racism will end. We can forget about history and therefore never repeat it. And no one will need to make the more difficult decisions about how to recognize and help young adult males who feel completely disenfranchised from a broken society obsessed with celebrity, materialism and instant gratification.

Holy potato patch

Reactions: SWUtigers
Yeah. I agree with you here. As I stated it is in the rights of Apple to do it but I am not sure I would if I were in their shoes. They have the right to choose so I am ok with it from that standpoint.

They must do it and I agree with their premise that they will suffer on the bottom line (as it relates to this country) if they don't. It's also obviously that it is the right thing to do in a moral sense. But they still sell iPhones in Saudi Arabia

I am not trying to be funny here ok. With the Flag issue along with the Redskins issue and such. What are the chances that say PETA comes along and petitions the Gamecocks to drop their mascot? I mean it is by definition a roster bred and trained for fighting.

They actually tried years ago. Was one of the few times I respected USC

They must do it and I agree with their premise that they will suffer on the bottom line (as it relates to this country) if they don't. It's also obviously that it is the right thing to do in a moral sense. But they still sell iPhones in Saudi Arabia
I think it's more about PR moves than actually truly affecting their bottom line. It may have been more of a money issue for someone like Wal mart who would have the merchandise right in costumer's faces, but the games are different. Not "everyone" was going to see it, and I'm guessing for the majority of the people that would be downloading those types of games (true gamers) it wouldn't have been a big enough deal to actually boycott them or anything.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT