ADVERTISEMENT

This is getting ridiculous... Apple yanking games with Confederate Flag

I think it's more about PR moves than actually truly affecting their bottom line. It may have been more of a money issue for someone like Wal mart who would have the merchandise right in costumer's faces, but the games are different. Not "everyone" was going to see it, and I'm guessing for the majority of the people that would be downloading those types of games (true gamers) it wouldn't have been a big enough deal to actually boycott them or anything.

You're right it's absolutely a PR move. Bad publicity for a major corporation typically equates to reduced revenue though.

I don't own a confederate flag, never have and never will. I also don't have a problem removing it from the state house grounds, as it should have never been there in the first place. That said the intolerance in this country and political correctness is scary. American's have became the most entitled society in the world.

It is becoming very tiresome that everything offends everyone. We will never live in peace in this country until we realize that people are different. The most intolerant people seem to be those screaming tolerance from the roof tops. I am white, Christian and a Clemson fan. I carry a Bible and a firearm. If you are not white or Christian it does not offend me. If you watch CNN and not Fox, I don't care we can still be friends. Wouldn't the world be a dull place with a bunch of white dudes only running around. My point is God gave ALL races this little world to live on and share. Let's try to understand and love each other a lot more.

Apple is a private corporation and they have determined that this might affect their video game sales. So what? Buy their products or dont buy them. If you have a confedrate flag fetish then fly one from your porch or from the bed of your truck or tattoo one on your forehead.. who is stopping you? I'd be curious to know how many people here actually own something besides a General Lee matchbox car that even has a confederate flag on it.

I would bet the average age of the posters in this thread is about 25...brainwashed by the left-wing political machine...

Isn't it ironic how the left preaches tolerance yet is the most intolerant group that exists in this country...

Thank you Apple and any other company mature enough to remove the confederate flag! I love Clemson University so very much but I am embarrassed to say the confederate flag still flies above its state's capitol. This symbol has always represented the CSA which was built on slavery. The confederate flag can be flown on a personal basis but not above the capitol. The CSA ceased to exist in the 1860s. Therefore SC is no longer part of the CSA. So why does it still fly above its highest structure of government?
I listened to a black guy's speech on the radio rant about the American flag yesterday. The "same flag that flies over the American Unjustice Department". I await the mature visionaries that will finally take that disgrace down as well.

Reactions: RodnHe
Typical over-correcting. Always happens in situations like these. something happens, the pendulum swings wide one way as a result, and then slowly people inch back toward the center.

For the record, I thought the flag should've come down years ago, and support the removal from license plates too. Because with those people are in effect captive audiences. But I think the uproar over gone with the wind and video games is a little much. No one is forcing those on you.

You're right it's absolutely a PR move. Bad publicity for a major corporation typically equates to reduced revenue though.
Yeah, I'm saying they probably did it more to gain good pub than avoid bad pub.

Thank you Apple and any other company mature enough to remove the confederate flag! I love Clemson University so very much but I am embarrassed to say the confederate flag still flies above its state's capitol. This symbol has always represented the CSA which was built on slavery. The confederate flag can be flown on a personal basis but not above the capitol. The CSA ceased to exist in the 1860s. Therefore SC is no longer part of the CSA. So why does it still fly above its highest structure of government?
I suggest you do a little research on the civil war; it may be enlightening.

Reactions: scartiger
Read where Walmart is going to pull Lynyrd Skynyrd cd's and others with rebel pictures. I'll predict this is the beginning of something that isn't going to stop. Not just about the flag but just rights in general.

I don't own a confederate flag, never have and never will. I also don't have a problem removing it from the state house grounds, as it should have never been there in the first place. That said the intolerance in this country and political correctness is scary. American's have became the most entitled society in the world.

It is becoming very tiresome that everything offends everyone. We will never live in peace in this country until we realize that people are different. The most intolerant people seem to be those screaming tolerance from the roof tops. I am white, Christian and a Clemson fan. I carry a Bible and a firearm. If you are not white or Christian it does not offend me. If you watch CNN and not Fox, I don't care we can still be friends. Wouldn't the world be a dull place with a bunch of white dudes only running around. My point is God gave ALL races this little world to live on and share. Let's try to understand and love each other a lot more.

Amen!

Read where Walmart is going to pull Lynyrd Skynyrd cd's and others with rebel pictures. I'll predict this is the beginning of something that isn't going to stop. Not just about the flag but just rights in general.
Not that I agree with them doing that, but whose rights are they infringing upon? Seems more like you're wanting the retailer's rights to be infringed upon.

Thought apple was a public company run by a homosexual (if that word is still OK to use).

Not that I agree with them doing that, but whose rights are they infringing upon? Seems more like you're wanting the retailer's rights to be infringed upon.

The Twenty-Eighths Amendment to the Constitution guarantees to right to buy Confederate Flag Merchandise at every retailer. Retailers not carrying it tramples on that right. Wal-Mart, NASCAR and now Apple are denying your rights. I would expect the Supreme Court to rule on this next summer.

I think removal of the flag from state house grounds is the correct thing to do. It's existence isn't being eradicated, or the rights to display it at your own will being taken from you, though some entities with a legal right and choice to do so, are in fact doing it.

However, two things at play here. First, Wal Mart has done this once before, on a similar but smaller scale, when they decided to rid their shelves of Maurice's bbque sauce over the same issue a number of years back. The world and people's lives didn't implode then, and and they won't now. Secondly, the same head scratching irony is also at play in their decision, in that, a large portion of the rest of the products they will leave on those shelves are manufactured and produced at the hands and feet of exploited child labor in various sweatshops across the world's continents. Which is equally abhorrent in the eyes of right and wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Esso Porch
The Twenty-Eighths Amendment to the Constitution guarantees to right to buy Confederate Flag Merchandise at every retailer. Retailers not carrying it tramples on that right. Wal-Mart, NASCAR and now Apple are denying your rights. I would expect the Supreme Court to rule on this next summer.
jeremiah-johnson-nod.gif

No the problem I have is when is the government going to pass something that you don't agree with (plenty already) that's going to directly effect you or more importantly your children's lives. Cause it's coming if something doesn't change and faster than most Americans realize.

I think removal of the flag from state house grounds is the correct thing to do. It's existence isn't being eradicated, or the rights to display it at your own will being taken from you, though some entities with a legal right and choice to do so, are in fact doing it.

However, two things at play here. First, Wal Mart has done this once before, on a similar but smaller scale, when they decided to rid their shelves of Maurice's bbque sauce over the same issue a number of years back. The world and people's lives didn't implode then, and and they won't now. Secondly, the same head scratching irony is also at play in their decision, in that, a large portion of the rest of the products they will leave on those shelves are manufactured and produced at the hands and feet of exploited child labor in various sweatshops across the continent. Which is equally abhorrent in the eyes of right and wrong.
Everything is ok with most people until it directly effects them or their families. Just like you stated about Walmart child labor people don't care and still buy ar Walmart but if was their children working that way they would be going crazy.

Federal and state governments shouldn't fly or promote ANY flag on public property other than the American and state flag period, that's what needs to change. The rest of this is just overkill.

Last edited:
If I go to a bakery and want a confederate flag birthday cake, do they have to make it for me? What if they fundamentally disagree with the flag and do not want to make it? Should they still be required to? Or should I then threaten a lawsuit and try to put them out of business because they don't believe what I believe?

When thinking about the LGBT wedding cake controversy and now the confederate flag, there's a lot of people out there who want to have their cake and eat it to.

Not me.
I really love people. All of them.

Removing the flag is stupid and does NOTHING to solve the problem.

I actually don't completely agree with this. It may not do much, insomuch of a defining tangible statistic of proof that a government program, law or initiative could show, positive or negative, once data becomes available to trace. But policy doesn't 'fix' anything either all on its own accord. It's up to each individual to help serve and grasp humanity to shape that course through their own inner cores.

And if, a big if, it is the government's responsibility to lessen the class and race divide, then I believe that the state's governmental decision to remove the flag from it's state house property, accomplishes something, even if undefinable at the moment, on both grounds. Through good will and show of faith to a large portion of people (which is the humanistic component necessary for universal improvement) all the while being done through a governmental initiative to try and bridge that gap, even if unquantifiable by any statistical measure.

No the problem I have is when is the government going to pass something that you don't agree with (plenty already) that's going to directly effect you or more importantly your children's lives. Cause it's coming if something doesn't change and faster than most Americans realize.
What the hell does this thread have to do with the government? You're reaching pretty far.

Is the government removing ths flag from the capital grounds? Not reaching far as you think.

Does it affect your life and/or rights?

You said "Read where Walmart is going to pull Lynyrd Skynyrd cd's and others with rebel pictures. I'll predict this is the beginning of something that isn't going to stop. Not just about the flag but just rights in general."

That's a pretty broad statement but it at least sounds like you're including the flag as one of those "rights in general".

Nobody is saying YOU can't fly the flag though while right or wrong a lot of people probably assumed certain things about you if you flew it from your truck, porch or wherever (see what I did), there may be even more that do now and to a further degree.

Explain what isn't going to stop and what rights could be stripped from you. Aside from the gun control debate, I'm just curious about your hypothesis and how this not stopping will affect your actual rights?

This is offensive

Does it affect your life and/or rights?

You said "Read where Walmart is going to pull Lynyrd Skynyrd cd's and others with rebel pictures. I'll predict this is the beginning of something that isn't going to stop. Not just about the flag but just rights in general."

That's a pretty broad statement but it at least sounds like you're including the flag as one of those "rights in general".

Nobody is saying YOU can't fly the flag though while right or wrong a lot of people probably assumed certain things about you if you flew it from your truck, porch or wherever (see what I did), there may be even more that do now and to a further degree.

Explain what isn't going to stop and what rights could be stripped from you. Aside from the gun control debate, I'm just curious about your hypothesis and how this not stopping will affect your actual rights?
Could care less about any flag. Supreme Court said it's legal for all 50 states to have same sex marriage , do you think that's right? I personally have gay friends had a very good lawyer friend that died of aids back in the 90's that lived in Columbia. But I believe that law shouldn't have been passed cause I believe it's wrong. That will effect my daughter and her children if she has any. Why you ask cause they may think it's ok when it's not. Like I stated earlier how far and what will be the next law pushed down our throats? Is the government going to tell you how many children you can have, who you can marry, or it's ok to marry children? Sounds crazy but as great as a mind can be it can be just as wicked.

Not me.
I really love people. All of them.

Removing the flag is stupid and does NOTHING to solve the problem.

The video game crap is stupid. The over reacting to anything remotely related to the flag or the confederacy, call to change road names, etc., is indeed typical liberal overcorrection fueled by emotion.

That being said, it truly is remarkable that you can't see why having he flag itself fly on the statehouse grounds is an issue...not THE issue, but removing that symbol is a gesture that is long overdue.

Could care less about any flag. Supreme Court said it's legal for all 50 states to have same sex marriage , do you think that's right? I personally have gay friends had a very good lawyer friend that died of aids back in the 90's that lived in Columbia. But I believe that law shouldn't have been passed cause I believe it's wrong. That will effect my daughter and her children if she has any. Why you ask cause they may think it's ok when it's not. Like I stated earlier how far and what will be the next law pushed down our throats? Is the government going to tell you how many children you can have, who you can marry, or it's ok to marry children? Sounds crazy but as great as a mind can be it can be just as wicked.

I'm fairly sure I responded to your posts in another thread but...yes, I do think legalizing gay marriage is right.

I also, once again, don't understand how anything is being forced down my throat (pause) or how they're telling me or anyone else what they cannot do. You're not explaining anything other than, "it's wrong" and "they may think it's ok when it's not." Here's reality...the word of the bible, right or wrong, has no bearing on a significant portion of the country and shouldn't on governmental laws either.

Stop it with that marrying children, animals, two people, crap.

I agree. I do not care if gays get married. Come Monday I have to get up and go to work. Two men getting married is not going to change that for me. I just do not want the Gov't telling people what they have to except and not except. That is not the function of the Gov't.

I'm fairly sure I responded to your posts in another thread but...yes, I do think legalizing gay marriage is right.

I also, once again, don't understand how anything is being forced down my throat (pause) or how they're telling me or anyone else what they cannot do. You're not explaining anything other than, "it's wrong" and "they may think it's ok when it's not." Here's reality...the word of the bible, right or wrong, has no bearing on a significant portion of the country and shouldn't on governmental laws either.

Stop it with that marrying children, animals, two people, crap.
First off a lot of our laws came from the 10 commandments whether you believe that or not. Next could be wrong but I believe you are younger than me. When I was growing up never in a million years did I are many other people think that God would be taken out of school, abortion would be legal or same sex marriage would be legal. So if you live a long life don't think that marring multiple partners or a animal cannot be accepted as marriage. Go back and read the old testament of the Bible and read how people were living that's why God destroyed cities, countries, and even the entire world with the flood.

Reactions: igachoochoo
First off a lot of our laws came from the 10 commandments whether you believe that or not. Next could be wrong but I believe you are younger than me. When I was growing up never in a million years did I are many other people think that God would be taken out of school, abortion would be legal or same sex marriage would be legal. So if you live a long life don't think that marring multiple partners or a animal cannot be accepted as marriage. Go back and read the old testament of the Bible and read how people were living that's why God destroyed cities, countries, and even the entire world with the flood.

Sounds like God needs a Snickers.

so our nation's laws should be in lockstep with your thinking? you're just that important, huh?

I'm sure in 1861 most people never thought their property would have hunsn rights. And im sure in 1935 people never thought they'd ever have to share the same restaurant as an African American. And I'm sure in 1959 a lot of people never thought they'd have to share the same classrooms as African Americans. And you know what? All of their fears came true, and you know what else? Not one time did any of that suppress their way life when it did become reality.

The world and this nation evolves, and the crazy thing is, it keeps gettjng better and better for everybody. Not just the WASPs who also happen to be heterosexual.

It just doesn't effect you nor I in a negative way whatsoever. You can still not agree with it. You have that right. You can still teach your kids that it's not right. You can still do whatever the heck you want. That's called freedom.

this is embarrassing. the law is wrong because you are afraid your daughter wont be able to convince her children that being gay is wrong?

Slippery slope idoicy is idiotic.

gNgnB.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT