ADVERTISEMENT

Trump quote on Ukraine 1 year later

LaniKaiTiger

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
May 22, 2021
“I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, ‘This is genius,’ ” Mr. Trump said during the radio interview “Putin declares a big portion of of Ukraine, Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful. So, Putin is now saying, ‘It’s independent,’ a large section of Ukraine. I said, ‘How smart is that?’”

Last edited:
This “de-regulation” action didn’t age well either, with the Ohio derailment - the exact scenario this regulation was meant to guard against.

https://fortune.com/2018/09/24/train-explosion-prevention-rule-reversed-by-trump-officials/

Folks know deregulation will have negative impacts. They don't care. They argue the free market will take care of it and the don't mind the harm that's done on the way. They weren't surprised by this, they decided that corporate profits were more important than regulations.

Except, the derailment wasn't caused by failing brakes. A bearing failed. So, don't let facts get in the way of a good politcal rant.

The advanced/electronic braking system would’ve reduced the severity of, if not prevented, the crash that occurred from the failed bearing.

Point is, regulations exist for a reason and the idea of de-regulating at the behest of lobbyists from the industry being regulated is abhorrent. But hey…profits over protections, amiright?

Of course, accidents will always still happen. And of course, regulation can go too far. But, let’s be willing to work together and make decisions in the best interest of our people and our land and not for the sake of industry and profits.

Except, the derailment wasn't caused by failing brakes. A bearing failed. So, don't let facts get in the way of a good politcal rant.

Trump also increased the amount of dangerous chemicals that these trains could transport and reduced the number of inspections required. You are leaving facts out for a good political rant.

You people really do make me laugh. You scream for deregulation, small government, tort reform, and states' rights, but as soon as something happens to your voters, you want the federal government to step in, despite not being asked by the state of Ohio.

trump was smart to visit Ohio. I noticed though that he never made any trips to Flynt, Michigan, or Jackson, MS. What is different about those towns? Why wasn't Tucker screaming for Biden to visit those places?

Trump also increased the amount of dangerous chemicals that these trains could transport and reduced the number of inspections required. You are leaving facts out for a good political rant.

You people really do make me laugh. You scream for deregulation, small government, tort reform, and states' rights, but as soon as something happens to your voters, you want the federal government to step in, despite not being asked by the state of Ohio.

trump was smart to visit Ohio. I noticed though that he never made any trips to Flynt, Michigan, or Jackson, MS. What is different about those towns? Why wasn't Tucker screaming for Biden to visit those places?

Flint happened under Obama. Not sure Jackson was as big of a disaster as either MI or OH.

The issue here is more about them igniting the chemicals to "burn them off" and then lying about the effects. I don't care if Biden or Pete show up. But, don't ignore the people impacted most by your screw up.

Reactions: Tigerama
Flint happened under Obama. Not sure Jackson was as big of a disaster as either MI or OH.

The issue here is more about them igniting the chemicals to "burn them off" and then lying about the effects. I don't care if Biden or Pete show up. But, don't ignore the people impacted most by your screw up.

How was it Biden or Pete's screw up? The mayor of the town is the one who decided burning off the spill was the right decision. Are you advocating that the federal government should step in and override the decisions of local lawmakers?

Reactions: dpic73
How was it Biden or Pete's screw up? The mayor of the town is the one who decided burning off the spill was the right decision. Are you advocating that the federal government should step in and override the decisions of local lawmakers?
The Republican governor was also involved in that decision after a recommendation from Norfolk Southern.

The advanced/electronic braking system would’ve reduced the severity of, if not prevented, the crash that occurred from the failed bearing.

Point is, regulations exist for a reason and the idea of de-regulating at the behest of lobbyists from the industry being regulated is abhorrent. But hey…profits over protections, amiright?

Of course, accidents will always still happen. And of course, regulation can go too far. But, let’s be willing to work together and make decisions in the best interest of our people and our land and not for the sake of industry and profits.
Anyone that blames the Trump admin for Ohio and is serious is not smart and thats a fact.

I am not blaming China Joe for the accident either as that would be stupid. I am blaming him for the lack of response though for sure.

I was not aware it was the mayors decision. If that’s the case, he and the local government should be held accountable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT