ADVERTISEMENT

Way to go Gov. Haley

3NQVi.gif

Reactions: nmerritt11
Props to Haley. Should have come down a long time ago. Put it in a museum.

I disagree that it doesn't spew hate. The fact that most white supremacist and racist groups use it to identify with is enough for me. I understand the history of it, and I respect that.

Honestly I have forgotten about it.

Props to Haley. Should have come down a long time ago. Put it in a museum.

I disagree that it doesn't spew hate. The fact that most white supremacist and racist groups use it to identify with is enough for me. I understand the history of it, and I respect that.

Honestly I have forgotten about it.

Same here. Born in Augusta, GA. Southerner all the way - but, seeing momentum gathering to have it removed doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Put it in a museum.

Still not sure where I stand on this issue, because I feel drawn to both sides of the debate. But I wholeheartedly disagree that these decisions should be made during such an emotional time. It is similar to when everyone wanted gun bans in the days after Sandy Hook.

This is ridiculous. She is wanting to be re elected plain and simple. The flag splits race no more than the NAACP. If people want to break race barriers they need to work on both sides.

Even if this were correct, are you saying that by trying to get re-elected she's doing what the people want?

Reactions: CU1TruTiger4Life
Same here. Born in Augusta, GA. Southerner all the way - but, seeing momentum gathering to have it removed doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Put it in a museum.

I can agree with this, but where is the line going to be drawn? Will the Condeferate Memorial be taken down? What about the one in Charleston? Will the streets, buildings and schools named for Confederate officers have to change as well?

Reactions: littledenny37
Seriously, for those of you that believe the flag is purely a symbol of our Southern Heritage - would you go out today and fly a confederate flag in front of your business? Of course not, because you know exactly what that flag says and represents. As far as the flag at the State House, I would support it if it were put up anywhere near the end of the Civil War. But it was not. It was put up there during the Civil Rights Movement and it is a clear sign of division, racism and hatred. That is what makes it different from other Confederate Memorials or streets like Wade Hampton Blvd.

Yes they are. They have blamed the flag, guns and foxnews so far.

They might be blaming the flag to fuel his hate. But they aren't blaming the flag for murdering 9 people. And the people asking for the flag to be brought down at the press conference aren't saying that either.

Confederate memorials period

I really don't care if it comes down the sun will rise the next day. I think if the flag comes down then

ALL memorials on our State House grounds should come down and go into a museum. Really the only thing that should be on our State House grounds should be the U.S. flag and our State flag.

Then no one or any group will have a something special on the grounds.

Still not sure where I stand on this issue, because I feel drawn to both sides of the debate. But I wholeheartedly disagree that these decisions should be made during such an emotional time. It is similar to when everyone wanted gun bans in the days after Sandy Hook.
You make good points. But this is a long time coming. Doesn't belong where it is.

It's not like they are saying we should ban guns.

Seriously, for those of you that believe the flag is purely a symbol of our Southern Heritage - would you go out today and fly a confederate flag in front of your business? Of course not, because you know exactly what that flag says and represents. As far as the flag at the State House, I would support it if it were put up anywhere near the end of the Civil War. But it was not. It was put up there during the Civil Rights Movement and it is a clear sign of division, racism and hatred. That is what makes it different from other Confederate Memorials or streets like Wade Hampton Blvd.

Well said.

Reactions: Charliethetiger
This is ridiculous. She is wanting to be re elected plain and simple. The flag splits race no more than the NAACP. If people want to break race barriers they need to work on both sides.

You need to do a little more research she can't be re elected for a third term in South Carolina. The flag only represented South Carolina for 4 years 1861,1862,1863, and 1874. The British flag flew over the state for over 120 years should we put it on the state house or the grounds?

The flag was put on the capital by governor fritz Hollings with no debate or house or senate vote for one reason and that was to show resistance to public school integration.

Reactions: OrangeForever
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT