ADVERTISEMENT

****⚽ No. 12 Clemson vs. Liberty | 7 p.m. | Tuesday****

UptownRETiger

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Jun 16, 2019
Two Hours from Everywhere
Felt like the first half against Wake Forest on Friday was the best half of soccer we have played, and yet there we were locked in a 0-0 deadlock at halftime. We out shot them 10-4 in the first half, forcing them to make five saves. Should have been 2 or 3-0, IMO.
But, to quote Kurtis Blow, sometimes there are breaks to win and breaks to lose, but these here breaks will rock your shoes and these are the breaks and we got the break in the second half with the PK. And then held on for dear life as Wake applied a lot of pressure to try to tie it back up.
Clemson is now 4-1-2 with the lone blemish coming at home to No. 1 Stanford a couple of weeks ago - one that we can blame ourselves for. Clemson currently stands 4th in the ACC at 2-1-0, behind Pitt, Stanford and UNC. Waaaaay too early to talk about it, but the top 4 seeds get home games in ACC Tournament through the semifinals, so we are well positioned there at the moment.

On Tuesday, the Tigers will welcome 2-2-1 Liberty to Historic Riggs Field. Liberty comes in at No. 184 in RPI, just behind Presbyterian College (Clemson is 31st, just FYI).
This is a game that we NEED to dominate. We need a crooked number like we did against Loyola (Md.).
For the Flames, keep an eye on Michael Huss - he has four of the Flames' 13 goals and ranks 19th in SOG/per game with 1.8. Shouldn't matter, but he's their main threat.

With the expectation of a crooked number on Tuesday, it's time for the first goal from Wahabu Musah - true freshman from Ghana and our feeder-school Monteverde Academy. He is list at 6-0, 135 pounds and I think I heard on the broadcast that he is just 16? I can't confirm it anywhere however.
But, let's say that's accurate. While there have been moments of brilliance from the young man, there have also been moments of being a 6-0, 135-pound freshman - he's been pushed around some this season. But, against Wake, I thought he had his best game - he just has to finish. He came inches away from scoring against Wake, but did a lot of everything else right. Took players on one-on-one, got touches in the box, was just missing that final step.
I think it comes Tuesday.

This is our last ironing out the wrinkles game for awhile - next three games are at pre-season No. 2 Notre Dame on Friday, vs. current No. 6 UNC on Oct. 4 and at preseason No. 24 Louisville on Oct. 11.
Time to start being the man.

Go Tigers! Beat Liberty!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.