ADVERTISEMENT

CUPLAYER1

Woodrush
Gold Member
Sep 16, 2004
So I have now watched the entire 1st half again....

1 WR was schemed open the entire 1st half.....and we didn't throw it to him. 2nd series. 2nd set of downs on the series. We get into a 2nd and 7. UGA decides to bring a LB (they only had 1 in the box a majority of the half) and a crosser is wide open in front of Cade.

Not so much concerned that he missed it as that was literally the only time we schemed ANYONE open the entire 1st half (outside of play 1 - Mafah).

In fact, there are times in the run game where we would have a numbers advantage and motion the extra blocker away from the play (UGA wouldn't follow). We literally motion ourselves out of an advantage.

I'll go back to something I was taught very early.....ANYONE can call a play, the secret is to understand the WHY.

We looked confused. UGA was a step ahead. Run vs single high. Pass vs 2 high. UGA was determined to keep the integrity of their 2 high shell so they had to apex a backer over #3 wr when we were spread, which left 5 in the box......and we don't run? I'm not talking about 3rd and long either. These are 1st down situations. 2nd and medium situations.

Won't run when we have numbers. Can't scheme a WR open.

The OL did a wonderful job covering up UGA's front. Wonderful. If we had taken advantage of the numbers.....who knows???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.