ADVERTISEMENT

1984 - Climate change version

CUfan1971

The Mariana Trench
Gold Member
May 30, 2005

"Oxfordshire County Council yesterday approved plans to lock residents into one of six zones to ‘save the planet’ from global warming. The latest stage in the ’15 minute city’ agenda is to place electronic gates on key roads in and out of the city, confining residents to their own neighbourhoods.

Under the new scheme if residents want to leave their zone they will need permission from the Council who gets to decide who is worthy of freedom and who isn’t. Under the new scheme residents will be allowed to leave their zone a maximum of 100 days per year, but in order to even gain this every resident will have to register their car details with the council who will then track their movements via smart cameras round the city."

• Wow
Reactions: TigerGrowls
The board doofus does his normal and attacks the messenger instead of responding to the message.

Reactions: CUfan1971
I know that’s a rhetorical question but the best 1-word description is control.

I know that’s a rhetorical question but the best 1-word description is control.
It's not a rhetorical question. Give me some plot points. Characters. Can you name the 6 different ministries and the 4 different major world regions?

That's what I thought. I'd wager that 99.99% of maga folk who love to cite that book have never read the 1st page of the thing. Same applies with the Bible for about 90% of y'all.

so all we need to solve climate change is a few people overseeing a general population confined to individual occupancies within an enclosed area? the only possibility of setting foot outside the enclosure (for anyone not on oversight board of course) will be determined on an individual basis by the oversight board based on ones community standing and compliance with board directives.

who could have known the solution to climate change would be as simple as a few taking full control of the sovereignty of everyone else? nobody saw that one coming

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
so all we need to solve climate change is a few people overseeing a general population confined to individual occupancies within an enclosed area? the only possibility of setting foot outside the enclosure (for anyone not on oversight board of course) will be determined on an individual basis by the oversight board based on ones community standing and compliance with board directives.

who could have known the solution to climate change would be as simple as a few taking full control of the sovereignty of everyone else? nobody saw that one coming
this must be the slippery slope you've wanted all along.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT