ADVERTISEMENT

1984 is NOW........................

tgrharley

The Milwaukee Deep
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2005
From TODAY"s headlines:
Dr. Seuss Enterprises made the decision to stop publishing six of the late author's books due to racist imagery. “Ceasing sales of these books is only part of our commitment and our broader plan to ensure Dr. Seuss Enterprises’ catalog represents and supports all communities and families,” the statement reads. And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street and If I Ran the Zoo by Dr. Seuss contain illustrations that are derogatory toward the Asian community and African community, respectively. The former title shows an Asian person wearing a conical hat, holding chopsticks, and eating from a bowl. The latter includes a drawing of two bare-footed African men wearing what looks like grass skirts with their hair tied above their heads.

From George Orwell's 1984:(read it again. If you cannot see the correlation to today, well...............................dumb da dumb dumb)
Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.”

“Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

“The ideal set up by the Party was something huge, terrible, and glittering— marching forward in perfect unity, all thinking the same thoughts and shouting the same slogans, perpetually working, fighting, triumphing, persecuting—three hundred million people all with the same face.”

I know all the Liberal sycophants will laugh at this. Rebuke it, deride it, say it's an exaggeration, yada yada yada blah blah blab.............................but it's here now. Its the GOAL of the Left. The ultimate hypocracy is when someone on the Left cries Fascist at a Conservative.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
This is scary and won’t get any play because people are afraid of race cards and who might call them out. Dr Seuss is a cultural icon and this is a travesty

Reactions: TigerGrowls
You do understand that they're private company making their own decision on how to run their company correct? Nobody is forcing them to do it.

Do I agree with it? No, but nobody is forcing them to do this.

Reactions: yoshi121374
From TODAY"s headlines:
Dr. Seuss Enterprises made the decision to stop publishing six of the late author's books due to racist imagery. “Ceasing sales of these books is only part of our commitment and our broader plan to ensure Dr. Seuss Enterprises’ catalog represents and supports all communities and families,” the statement reads. And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street and If I Ran the Zoo by Dr. Seuss contain illustrations that are derogatory toward the Asian community and African community, respectively. The former title shows an Asian person wearing a conical hat, holding chopsticks, and eating from a bowl. The latter includes a drawing of two bare-footed African men wearing what looks like grass skirts with their hair tied above their heads.

From George Orwell's 1984:(read it again. If you cannot see the correlation to today, well...............................dumb da dumb dumb)
Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.”

“Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.”

“The ideal set up by the Party was something huge, terrible, and glittering— marching forward in perfect unity, all thinking the same thoughts and shouting the same slogans, perpetually working, fighting, triumphing, persecuting—three hundred million people all with the same face.”

I know all the Liberal sycophants will laugh at this. Rebuke it, deride it, say it's an exaggeration, yada yada yada blah blah blab.............................but it's here now. Its the GOAL of the Left. The ultimate hypocracy is when someone on the Left cries Fascist at a Conservative.

giphy.gif

Reactions: dpic73
You do understand that they're private company making their own decision on how to run their company correct? Nobody is forcing them to do it.

Do I agree with it? No, but nobody is forcing them to do this.

yes they are cowering to the cancel mob, those books have made so much money over time it probably doesn’t matter, suppose you are OK with removing the Jefferson Memorial because he had slaves?

ADVERTISEMENT