ADVERTISEMENT

2 more rounds of stimulus checks by November

JSpears5

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2008
Congress is in talks for 2 more rounds of $1200 checks to be delivered before the election. Vote for them will come in the 1st of August

How do you know which party is paying you for your vote when they both take credit for paying for your vote?

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
Congress is in talks for 2 more rounds of $1200 checks to be delivered before the election. Vote for them will come in the 1st of August

How do you know which party is paying you for your vote when they both take credit for paying for your vote?
Well if you pay taxes it’s really just them giving you back your own money

Wouldn’t it make more sense for them to extend the unemployment benefits instead? That way the money is actually going to people who are still out of work and need it and not just a blanket arbitrary pay out to everyone. I’ll gladly take the tax refund, but I’m working and don’t need it the way many others who have been impacted need it.

good news for @Earle36 ! He is the only international business owning millionaire that qualifies to get government poor checks.

Wouldn’t it make more sense for them to extend the unemployment benefits instead? That way the money is actually going to people who are still out of work and need it and not just a blanket arbitrary pay out to everyone. I’ll gladly take the tax refund, but I’m working and don’t need it the way many others who have been impacted need it.

I have heard directly from a member of Congress that the extension will not happen. There are too many people that are making more money sitting at home than when they worked and they are not willing to go back to work.

Right or wrong, the Republicans feel, the $600 is slowing the rebound.

I talk to two guys tonight that are complaining that they have staff that will not come back to work at a gym and other staff that are begging to be laid until the $600 ends

I have heard directly from a member of Congress that the extension will not happen. There are too many people that are making more money sitting at home than when they worked and they are not willing to go back to work.

Right or wrong, the Republicans feel, the $600 is slowing the rebound.

I talk to two guys tonight that are complaining that they have staff that will not come back to work at a gym and other staff that are begging to be laid until the $600 ends
Does refusing to go back to work not also make you ineligible for benefits?

yes, but I can tell you what the gym manager told me. He has a lady that was making like $120 a week and with the “lay off” she is now making $700. She will not come back to work, but they are also not looking to Narc her so to speak, specifically if the gym is not on the hook for most of the money.

But if you are really laid off and making more now than your old waitressing job, you looking for a new job right now?

Under the letter of the law, yes, it does. In reality, however, there simply is no way to enforce it. There are so many millions of people drawing unemployment, that the overwhelmed state unemployment agencies can't possibly verify the veracity of millions of weekly claims. Someone drawing unemployment simply needs to say they're out of work and looking for work, and they'll get their $600 + whatever the state rate is.

I’m a Maryland Republican, which means my politics are strange.
My vote will come down to who I feel can rally the globe and hold China accountable for what they have done ....

however ... as a Marylander it doesn’t matter who I vote for ...
As a Marylander you have the best governor in the country. Hogan has a spine and is doing right by his citizens.

This would be a disaster, but is that a surprise? We gave the likes of Kanye West $5 million in PPP when he made over $Billion last year. We paid millions of people who havent missed a paycheck and who have had no change in income hundreds of billions. We gave millions of people a raise to get laid off. The CARES act was the worst piece of legislation imaginable. So, why wouldnt we go in for another round?

We had people and businesses who needed help, but those who didnt need it shouldnt have gotten anything last time. And they shouldn't get anything going forward.

I think the process is terrible. I don’t think everyone should get the same amount. The amount should be based on how much you earn. This mess is one reason why some don’t even seek work. They make more money if they don’t work. I automatically get the check because I’m retired and on SS. I get SS and my pension so what I get hasn’t been effected. I, well my wife, will be glad to spend it. Guess it’s payback for all I’ve worked and paid to the government. I’m sure we’ll be taxed back for it.

As a Marylander you have the best governor in the country. Hogan has a spine and is doing right by his citizens.
True story ... as God as my witness and if I’m lying may Clemson never win another football game (so you know it’s true)

During Hogan’s first campaign I latched onto him early (almost 2 years before the election). The dude just seemed to “get it” and he knew how to crack a crab ;). My wife and I got invited to a fundraiser for Hogan through a friend of mine. We were small donors at $150 bucks a plate. The event was held at HUGE republican donors house right on the Bay (most beautiful house I have ever stepped in). I won’t bore you with the details but we had the opportunity to meet Larry Hogan, and I introduced myself and my wife to him and we spoke for approximately 30 seconds. At that point, one of his handlers interrupted and told him he needed to take a picture with someone. He excused himself ... I thought to myself “ok we are small and I get it ... it’s a campaign and he needs to “stroke” where he needs to for money, no big deal”. He took the photo and immediately turned back to us and completed our conversation.

I was blown away ..... THAT is Larry Hogan !

Our kids will still be paying for this

Our kids will be paying off those 800 million that went to Trump businesses, friends, allies, and big corporations instead of to small businesses like it should have. No wonder the admin whined and cried, wanting no names to be disclosed and then when dems said no--whined until they got a tiny bit of potential oversight that was steamrolled by this corrupt swamp of an administration.

Disgusting.

The first stimulus was nothing and what really should happen is money going to state budgets since they actually need to balance budgets and the cuts coming are insane in many states. You connect that to all the people who won't be able to pay rent/mortgages in the coming months?? Ugly.

If the govt would've been upfront and told the country--here is 5-7k in your bank account today--stay home, wear a mask if you have to and let two cycles of virus (about a month or two) pass and then we can slowly reopen with testing and contact tracing and be done with this, we would be in such a better spot.

Zero leadership. Zero.

(that is repubs acquiescing to Trumps stupid games and twitter rants and dems not making a stronger stand against this admin's corrupt behavior--and don't get me started about the extreme executive overreach and abuse of power by Barr, cronies, and his stormtroopers--never has the US been in such an authoritarian state and the rule of law threatened...PS QAnon is bogus nonsense...)

yes, but I can tell you what the gym manager told me. He has a lady that was making like $120 a week and with the “lay off” she is now making $700. She will not come back to work, but they are also not looking to Narc her so to speak, specifically if the gym is not on the hook for most of the money.

But if you are really laid off and making more now than your old waitressing job, you looking for a new job right now?

was she only working 1 day a week?

making $120 for a whole week?

I think the process is terrible. I don’t think everyone should get the same amount. The amount should be based on how much you earn. This mess is one reason why some don’t even seek work. They make more money if they don’t work. I automatically get the check because I’m retired and on SS. I get SS and my pension so what I get hasn’t been effected. I, well my wife, will be glad to spend it. Guess it’s payback for all I’ve worked and paid to the government. I’m sure we’ll be taxed back for it.

they are going to have to lift entry level wages across the board.

thats the problem.

wages have been held down for the last 30 years and its time for them to catch up or our system will be crashed by commies and anarchist

ADVERTISEMENT