ADVERTISEMENT

2023 RB commited to USuC??? Caleb Hampton

gardentiger

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Are other schools offering kids in diapers? I was unaware.
Interesting side note...His dad is the dude that wrote an open letter to Lebron James saying "you don't speak for me and my boys."

For all those that want to read the letter!!

BLACK FATHER WRITES OPEN LETTER TO LEBRON JAMES: ‘YOU DON’T SPEAK FOR ME AND MY BOYS’

by Cedric 'BIG CED' ThorntonAugust 31, 2020193129
patrick-hampton-black-enterprise-facebook.jpg

(Image: Facebook)

In the wake of LeBron James and many NBA players speaking up against systemic racism and police brutality against Blacks, there has been a lot of talk about the fears of Black men in America. James made a statement last week, sharing his fear as a Black father, that Black people in America “are terrified.”

‘WE ARE SCARED AS BLACK PEOPLE IN AMERICA. BLACK MEN, BLACK WOMEN, BLACK KIDS, WE ARE TERRIFIED,’ LOS ANGELES LAKERS BASKETBALL STAR LEBRON JAMES SAID AFTER SUNDAY’S POLICE SHOOTING OF JACOB BLAKE PIC.TWITTER.COM/2REEOYRPP6

— REUTERS (@REUTERS) AUGUST 25, 2020

In response to James’ position, a Black father penned an open letter to the Los Angeles Lakers player. The man, Patrick D. Hampton, also a Trump supporter, posted a letter on his Facebook page and advises James to “stop blaming the police and help build better fathers.”

The full letter is below:

Dear LeBron James,

You don’t speak for me and my boys.

I’m a father of four brown boys. It is my responsibility as a father to protect and serve them. There is no need for police in my home because as the father, I’m the authority in my home.

Police are needed where fathers and law and order are absent. When there is no father to protect and serve children, police have to move into that community to protect and serve.

Where there is no father or authority in the home or neighborhood, young men rebel. This is why police is having a hard time gaining compliance with fatherless boys on the side of the road. They refuse to sit down, be quiet, and comply. Why? Because the police are the first men to tell them NO and assert their authority. These boys have spent years under no ones authority. This is the main problem.

#AcceptingAuthority

So please don’t speak for me and my boys. Me and my boys are not terrified of the police because we respect the police and accept their authority. That’s because they first had to respect me as their father and accept my authority. Actually one of them want to be a police officer.

00:2201:25
1_th.jpg

We are terrified of the black men that kill each other in their black neighborhoods everyday. We are afraid of the black men that threaten us and call us cūns and uncle toms for desiring to live a peacefull and successful life. We are aware of the fact that 93% of all black homicides are by black men. (Justice Bureau of Statistics)

If you really want to help fatherless boys like yourself, stop using fear tactics and guilt trips. Help promote legislation like “EQUAL SHARED PARENTING” that helps divorced dads and single dad have more time with their children without paying more child support.

Help get legislation passed to make child support more fair and equal. Fund programs like my #GoodGuys #GoodGirlst that help young black youth save sex until marriage, respect police, develop work ethic and accomplish their goals.( https://youtu.be/1ZxCe3JXp3M ).

Stop blaming the police and help build better fathers. Stop saying police need more training and train more dads and young black boys on the the rule of law and police protocols.

Remember, there are millions of black and brown boys out here that are not being killed by police. They are alive and doing quite well. How? We obey the law. Comply with police and if the police does something wrong or unethical, they live to fight in court and not the side of the road.

Signed,
Patrick D. Hampton

The Patrick Perspective

BLACK FATHER WRITES OPEN LETTER TO LEBRON JAMES: ‘YOU DON’T SPEAK FOR ME AND MY BOYS’

In the wake of LeBron James and many NBA players speaking up against systemic racism and police brutality against Blacks, there has been a lot of talk about the fears of Black men in America. James made a statement last week, sharing his fear as a Black father, that Black people in America “are terrified.”

‘WE ARE SCARED AS BLACK PEOPLE IN AMERICA. BLACK MEN, BLACK WOMEN, BLACK KIDS, WE ARE TERRIFIED,’ LOS ANGELES LAKERS BASKETBALL STAR LEBRON JAMES SAID AFTER SUNDAY’S POLICE SHOOTING OF JACOB BLAKE PIC.TWITTER.COM/2REEOYRPP6

In response to James’ position, a Black father penned an open letter to the Los Angeles Lakers player. The man, Patrick D. Hampton, also a Trump supporter, posted a letter on his Facebook page and advises James to “stop blaming the police and help build better fathers.”

Dear LeBron James,

I’m a father of four brown boys. It is my responsibility as a father to protect and serve them. There is no need for police in my home because as the father, I’m the authority in my home.

Police are needed where fathers and law and order are absent. When there is no father to protect and serve children, police have to move into that community to protect and serve.

Where there is no father or authority in the home or neighborhood, young men rebel. This is why police is having a hard time gaining compliance with fatherless boys on the side of the road. They refuse to sit down, be quiet, and comply. Why? Because the police are the first men to tell them NO and assert their authority. These boys have spent years under no ones authority. This is the main problem.

#AcceptingAuthority

So please don’t speak for me and my boys. Me and my boys are not terrified of the police because we respect the police and accept their authority. That’s because they first had to respect me as their father and accept my authority. Actually one of them want to be a police officer.

1_th.jpg

We are terrified of the black men that kill each other in their black neighborhoods everyday. We are afraid of the black men that threaten us and call us cūns and uncle toms for desiring to live a peacefull and successful life. We are aware of the fact that 93% of all black homicides are by black men. (Justice Bureau of Statistics)

If you really want to help fatherless boys like yourself, stop using fear tactics and guilt trips. Help promote legislation like “EQUAL SHARED PARENTING” that helps divorced dads and single dad have more time with their children without paying more child support.

Help get legislation passed to make child support more fair and equal. Fund programs like my #GoodGuys #GoodGirlst that help young black youth save sex until marriage, respect police, develop work ethic and accomplish their goals.( https://youtu.be/1ZxCe3JXp3M ).

Stop blaming the police and help build better fathers. Stop saying police need more training and train more dads and young black boys on the the rule of law and police protocols.

Remember, there are millions of black and brown boys out here that are not being killed by police. They are alive and doing quite well. How? We obey the law. Comply with police and if the police does something wrong or unethical, they live to fight in court and not the side of the road.

Signed,
Patrick D. Hampton

The Patrick Perspective
Very Nice letter & I hope & pray his law abiding sons never has to face, What Several Law Abiding Strong Father In The Home Sons has faced; Police Profiling/Brutality! Again, I Hope & Pray His Strong Law Abiding Father In The Home Sons Never/Ever Has To Experience Such!

Really where did You Hear Or Read Such... FYI, I Love His Letter, Hope & Pray The Best For His Family & Yes, BLM!
We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.
https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

read "what we believe", comrade(that's in there, too). Mind "bottling"

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

Just goes to show all these people shouting BLM BLM BLM and they don’t even know what they stand for.:eek:

Are other schools offering kids in diapers? I was unaware.
Interesting side note...His dad is the dude that wrote an open letter to Lebron James saying "you don't speak for me and my boys."
Dante Moore is a 2023 qb. He was offered by Michigan in the 7th grade

Really where did You Hear Or Read Such... FYI, I Love His Letter, Hope & Pray The Best For His Family & Yes, BLM!
It's in their mission statement. Unbelievable that you can support such a movement and not have the slightest clue of what that movement is really all about. Do some research on what your hero's are actually fighting for.

It's in their mission statement. Unbelievable that you can support such a movement and not have the slightest clue of what that movement is really all about. Do some research on what your hero's are actually fighting for.
Can't speak for him, but, yes, Pray for BLM. But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you

Reactions: BAnksMcFadden

I Love How You Uses This Technique To Define Your Narrative...But My Friend, There Is Nothing On This Page, Or BLM Or What You Are Highlighting That Says BLM Encourages Absent Fatherhood, Nothing! Not a Good Try!!! Unless You do not consider Fathers A Parent!?

I Love How You Uses This Technique To Define Your Narrative...But My Friend, There Is Nothing On This Page, Or BLM Or What You Are Highlighting That Says BLM Encourages Absent Fatherhood, Nothing! Not a Good Try!!! Unless You do not consider Fathers A Parent!?
It does excuse away the absentee father and give responsibility to the "village" iyam. That is a dangerous message, but I am white so I will stay out of it. Just saying... that message is opposite of what this OP is saying.

And to be clear... your point about a father's child still possibly getting in a situation where he gets mistreated is fair. It absolutely can happen, has happened, and will happen again. But I think you would agree that it happens much less often to the fathered kid than to those who grew up on the streets with no dad.

Dear LeBron James,

#AcceptingAuthority

1_th.jpg

Signed,
Patrick D. Hampton

The Patrick Perspective

Thank you! This should insure no Iceheart, no CUENGR91, no DW42106, no Ms.Koonce etal in this thread.

1st Of All “My Hero Is Jesus Christ”, not Man, Proverbs 3:5-6!
2nd there is Nothing On BLM Website that supports A Man Not Being A Father Or Absent...Nothing!

I support BLM, 100% &, I was raised by a Single Parent! My Only Wife Of 36 Years & I Raised 2 Educated (Yes they have been Racially Profiled & Abused By Policemen) Powerful Black Men! Now “Try Telling Me” of the importance of Being A Strong & Present Father!

We are "trained marxists". No where in that statement do they say they are Marxists.

Reactions: erasmuss
It does excuse away the absentee father and give responsibility to the "village" iyam. That is a dangerous message, but I am white so I will stay out of it. Just saying... that message is opposite of what this OP is saying.

And to be clear... your point about a father's child still possibly getting in a situation where he gets mistreated is fair. It absolutely can happen, has happened, and will happen again. But I think you would agree that it happens much less often to the fathered kid than to those who grew up on the streets with no dad.
I do not see it that way! My interpretation is not having a father in the home is not an excuse & Yes the village will help! This subject is Personal For Me! There is No Way I could support Any Organization That Excuse Absentee Father. I taught Paternal/Men Responsibilities on Active Duty & in my church!
Also, Police Brutality/Profiling happens because of Policeman not specific environment or home situation!

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care

what do you think the above means?
For me this means: No one can define Your Family! Thus we, your extended family & village care & support you in Your Defined Family!

I do not see it that way! My interpretation is not having a father in the home is not an excuse & Yes the village will help! This subject is Personal For Me! There is No Way I could support Any Organization That Excuse Absentee Father. I taught Paternal/Men Responsibilities on Active Duty & in my church!
Also, Police Brutality/Profiling happens because of Policeman not specific environment or home situation!

But the chance of it happening goes up when you are in bad places at bad times. There is less chance of being in a bad place if you have been raised right. Nothing is guaranteed, I know, as I am raising three kids myself. They don't always do the right thing.

I am not attacking you btw. I appreciate your words here and your efforts to improve our communities. I believe that BLM has some merit, but I cannot agree with some of the heinous acts that are being carried out in their name. Just like not all republicans are hateful white supremacists, I know not all BLM activists are bad people. But in this time of divisiveness and hate, I wish all of us were on the same team.

God bless Mr. Hampton for raising fine young men and not victims. Its all about being good people and being good to other people. Im sure only the few very hateful and very ignorant among us see him as anything other than a good man and a good father.

I have officially retired my LeBron fandom.

Unfortunately I have too... I remember watching his early years on ESPN sports tracker at lightsey bridge apartments every night and being in awe. I always had fond memories of that... but now the ‘bridge’ is burned. I didn’t realize he was such a racist person. I still hope the best for him, but I will no longer follow all his games like I have for the last 17 years.

Reactions: One Fingerd Fist
For me this means: No one can define Your Family! Thus we, your extended family & village care & support you in Your Defined Family!
Hey man- let it mean to you whatever You need it to. It’s yours. Disruption of the nuclear family (father, mother, children) is pretty clear to me

Reactions: dzf664
1st Of All “My Hero Is Jesus Christ”, not Man, Proverbs 3:5-6!
2nd there is Nothing On BLM Website that supports A Man Not Being A Father Or Absent...Nothing!

I support BLM, 100% &, I was raised by a Single Parent! My Only Wife Of 36 Years & I Raised 2 Educated (Yes they have been Racially Profiled & Abused By Policemen) Powerful Black Men! Now “Try Telling Me” of the importance of Being A Strong & Present Father!
I’m sure mr Hampton would be glad to discuss if you disagree with him. Being from a single parent home doesn’t define you. You are and example of that as is dabo. No doubt in my mind, it gives boys a better opportunity if they have a father in the home modeling how to be a man, how to work, how to shake hands, how to treat a woman, how to respect authority, and how to be a husband.

but there are millions of examples of kids that overcame odds and millions of examples of kids that turned out to be “not so good “ with great parents.

- if you don’t believe the “nuclear family” is God designed and is the best option for kids, we will just respectfully disagree and move along with a Leslie neilson nothing to see here meme

Reactions: dzf664
Very Nice letter & I hope & pray his law abiding sons never has to face, What Several Law Abiding Strong Father In The Home Sons has faced; Police Profiling/Brutality! Again, I Hope & Pray His Strong Law Abiding Father In The Home Sons Never/Ever Has To Experience Such!
I believe racial profiling is a direct result of crime statistics over the years. Im not saying its right but its human nature to lump people together based on commonalities such as race. People of color cant commit violent crimes at a much higher rate than white people despite being 13% of the total population and not expect to be scrutinized more than anyone else. It sucks but its reality. Its time to hold people accountable for their actions and they need to understand if you fight a man with a gun, you will probably die.

I have seen kids with fathers in the home act crazy and I've seen kids with sorry parents make good. There are always exceptions but the majority of kids with a strong father figure in their lives won't be swept up in a life of crime and the gang culture. Discipline goes a long way towards shaping the young mind and teaches them to respect authority. I firmly believe we dont have a cop problem, we have a criminal problem and a no respect for the law problem. Noone is out hunting black people in a system that is purposefully trying to hold black Americans down. I know way too many honest, hardworking, successful black men and women for that to be true. Unfortunately they are referred to as Uncle Toms and coons by some of their peers, which is another discussion entirely.

Dear LeBron James,

#AcceptingAuthority

1_th.jpg

Signed,
Patrick D. Hampton

The Patrick Perspective

“That guy sounds very racist.”

***Checks family photo

“Never mind, he’s been whitewashed”

Reactions: Jwilliamsiii
Thank you for sharing this letter from Mr. Hampton to Lebron James. Maybe the best thing I have read or seen in months. I don't know how I missed seeing it. Interesting that it has yet to be on the ABC Nightly News which I painfully watch each night. This letter states what I hope and pray that most Americans think and believe.

Reactions: Jwilliamsiii
He will feel this way until that faithful day, when most black males have that singular defining encounter with police, and he will see that it doesn't matter his political affiliation or kiss ass approach to the majority power structure, only his color will matter. Then, and only then, will his ass look to the black community for support. Hopefully, we will look past this "coon behavior" and forgive him of his transgression.

Did you pass fifth grade english?

He will feel this way until that faithful day, when most black males have that singular defining encounter with police, and he will see that it doesn't matter his political affiliation or kiss ass approach to the majority power structure, only his color will matter. Then, and only then, will his ass look to the black community for support. Hopefully, we will look past this "coon behavior" and forgive him of his transgression.
Yep- didn’t take long until “he” got called out. Ole kiss a$s. Suck up to the majority power structure. Smh

ADVERTISEMENT