ADVERTISEMENT

40 Miles From Bagdad

godabo44

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2014
Bad guys are now 40 miles from Bagdad. Hope those. 275 US soldiers that Obama sent there can hold them off.

This post was edited on 6/17 11:17 AM by godabo44

Re: 40 From Bagdad

Originally posted by godabo44:
Bad guys are now 40 from Bagdad. Hope those. 275 US soldiers that Obama sent there can hold them off.
Just send in the Nigerian back line, they held Iran off for 90 minutes yesterday.

Re: 40 From Bagdad

Originally posted by LVCtiger11:

Bad guys are now 40 from Bagdad. Hope those. 275 US soldiers that Obama sent there can hold them off.
Just send in the Nigerian back line, they held Iran off for 90 minutes yesterday.
LOL!

So we ousted Saddam so these fruitcakes could be free? Iraq was a far safer place with Saddam in power than what it could become with the hardline Muslims in control. As long as its muslim v/s muslim i say we give em more ammo.

Obama's "275 Special Forces" plan just stinks of Clinton's Somalia plan, but 3000x worse, and the enemy here is equally more savage. Youre either in or your out. You CANT go half way in when it comes to a Military operation. Im afraid all this will accomplish is getting this our men killed.......

Im fully in favor in letting the region just rip itself apart. F'em, BUT .....you have to secure our borders, and limit and thoroughly examine all new and existing student/work VISAs. The danger here is allowing a Islamic Extremist state to form in which terrorist are free to roam. This is what led to 9/11, except that ISIS makes Al Queda look like a litter of Persian kittens

We gotta quit thinking we can run the world from Washington DC.

Bring all our troops around the world home. Protect our borders. Maintain Intel on everyone else.

Bring ALL our troops around the world home.

No one else in the world tries to constantly interfere in the rest of the world's affairs like we do.

Bad guys are now 40 miles from Bagdad. Hope those. 275 US soldiers that Obama sent there can hold them off.

This post was edited on 6/17 11:17 AM by godabo44
Do we have GPS Coordinates on where they are? Because we could end this whole thing real damn quick!

Originally posted by FreeSC:
As much as I hate to sound like a liberal I have to agree with this.

FreeSC - I am not calling you a liberal (no idea on your political leanings) but many libs state this same thing. The problem is some of the other stuff they come up with!

Bring all our troops around the world home. Protect our borders. Maintain Intel on everyone else.

Bring ALL our troops around the world home.

No one else in the world tries to constantly interfere in the rest of the world's affairs like we do.
+1

I just can't believe our plan to liberate the people of Iraq an establish a democracy there hasn't worked.

Originally posted by Dbatz:

So we ousted Saddam so these fruitcakes could be free? Iraq was a far safer place with Saddam in power than what it could become with the hardline Muslims in control. As long as its muslim v/s muslim i say we give em more ammo.
Pretty much all those hardline Muslim Countries are much safer places under dictatorships/monarchies who stifle any sort of dissent. They aren't that great to live in especially if you are not team ruling fraction, but so far none have proven to be any better under democracy either. At least not yet. All going over there accomplished was stoking the flames of hatred towards the US and creating power vacuums for extremist to exploit.

Originally posted by CU Alumnus:

FreeSC - I am not calling you a liberal (no idea on your political leanings) but many libs state this same thing. The problem is some of the other stuff they come up with!
A foreign policy like that isn't really liberal, even if some democrats support it. Obama is sending in troops and has an ever expanding drone program; many dems want to police the world just as much as the neocons. A non-interventionist foreign policy is actually a more conservative/libertarian approach rather than a liberal one.

This post was edited on 6/17 11:54 AM by SpartanTiger120

Originally posted by tigerjl:
I just can't believe our plan to liberate the people of Iraq an establish a democracy there hasn't worked.
I see what you did there.

I'm starting to wonder if the US embassy in Baghdad will it's own Siagon type evacuation. Obviously this isn't a force like the NVA, but I suppose anything could happen.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I got a little crazy and had my response to this thread deleted, and rightfully so. If we let these GD Bastard's proceed any further,(they should have been bombed into oblivion after they advanced from their first city),Well ..... OH Yeah! IT'S BAGHDAD....DF>>>>>>WOWWWWWWWWWWWW

ISIS is actually closer than 40 miles. Their right outside of Baghdad in Al-Zaidan to the west. But its a smaller force. There is also some ISIS forces in Al Mada'in to the southeast of Baghdad, but Iraqi forces seems to have them surrounded. The major thrust is coming from the north. But the Baath Party is trying to pinch Baghdad from 3 different directions. And of course, spread the Iraqi army out.

Iraq was actually safer with Saddam Hussein in control. He was a tyrant. The country that needs to wiped off the face of the earth is Saudi Arabia. Most of these clerics are educated there. Iraq educated the Sunni population but did nothing for the Shiite. They can't read or write so they believe what the Clerics tell them. Saudi is the most radical. The Iraqi invasion was based on a lie. Colin Powell resigned because of this. Now look what we got, a complete mess.

Originally posted by CuWrX8314:
Obama's "275 Special Forces" plan just stinks of Clinton's Somalia plan, but 3000x worse, and the enemy here is equally more savage. Youre either in or your out. You CANT go half way in when it comes to a Military operation. Im afraid all this will accomplish is getting this our men killed.......

Im fully in favor in letting the region just rip itself apart. F'em, BUT .....you have to secure our borders, and limit and thoroughly examine all new and existing student/work VISAs. The danger here is allowing a Islamic Extremist state to form in which terrorist are free to roam. This is what led to 9/11, except that ISIS makes Al Queda look like a litter of Persian kittens
This regime in DC has shown it doesn't care one iota about America. Ideology that isn't American rules now. Please, Lord, let 2014 bring change in the Senate and retain Congress.

Originally posted by CU1TruTiger4Life:
How can you maintain intel if you have no one on the ground?
The CIA, FBI, NSA and the ever growing survillence appratus that Snowden shed light on. Removing active duty troops from foreign military bases does not mean that all covert operations end and all undercover agents "on the ground" come home. When you combine that with our mutual intelligence sharing with allies around the world, I'm sure we can maintain a high degree of intell without keeping troops around the world and trying to police other countries' internal conflicts.

I think the 275 are 175 to protect and relocate key people and the other 100 will rig the embassy to blow !

Isolationism sounds like a good plan until you think intelligently about it.
From where do we stage any type of offensive if the need arises in the future?
From where do we stage defenses in the the case of attack on our allies or countries that supply resources we need?

I am all for protecting our borders - i would like to close them down totally.
I would like to bring all our troops home, but who is going to stop the next Hitler?

We cannot put our head in the sand and act like nobody else exists. We did that once, and got bombed at Perl Harbor and our ships got sunk in the North Atlantic.
There always bad guys in the world.

Are all our drones on vacation? If not, problem solved.

Five A-10 Warthogs is about all it would take to drive those guys back into the hills.

Originally posted by tigerGUY:

Originally posted by CuWrX8314:

This regime in DC has shown it doesn't care one iota about America. Ideology that isn't American rules now. Please, Lord, let 2014 bring change in the Senate and retain Congress.
Not a big Obama fan, but when dealing with Iraq, I don't think you should point your finger at the current administration as the one not having the US's best interest in mind.

Originally posted by yuthgi:
Isolationism sounds like a good plan until you think intelligently about it.
From where do we stage any type of offensive if the need arises in the future?
From where do we stage defenses in the the case of attack on our allies or countries that supply resources we need?

I am all for protecting our borders - i would like to close them down totally.
I would like to bring all our troops home, but who is going to stop the next Hitler?

We cannot put our head in the sand and act like nobody else exists. We did that once, and got bombed at Perl Harbor and our ships got sunk in the North Atlantic.
There always bad guys in the world.
Non-Interventionism is not Isolationism.

If
you think about it intelligently an interventionist policy is harmful
as well. They are always unintended and unforeseen consequences and it
generates hostility and hatred towards America around the world. It's
called blowback.

To answer your second question, I don't think we need bases in other countries to defend our country. If we want to go on the offensive then
those bases become more necessary, but even then they aren't required
because we have a FLEET of aircraft carriers that are moveable offensive
and defensive military staging areas. Additionally, if one of our
allies is under attack by another country I'm sure they wouldn't have
any issue with us using their land/sea access to stage a defense.

Hitler
and your WWII references are tough to fully compare to today's
geopoltical climate. It's a different world today. With our current
intelligence apparatus we are able to gain a much deeper understanding
of what other countries are doing around the world and what we need to
do in order to protect our interests. I'm not advocating an
isolationists approach because that would be unwise in the global world
that we live in today. I'm in favor of a foreign policy that doesn't
perpetually keep our troops on foreign soil and doesn't needlessly
intervene in conflicts. Not to mention, a foreign policy that doesn't
start offensive wars based on false pretenses and a desire to appease
the military industrial complex/big oil.

Originally posted by SpartanTiger120:
Originally posted by CU Alumnus:

A foreign policy like that isn't really liberal, even if some democrats support it. Obama is sending in troops and has an ever expanding drone program; many dems want to police the world just as much as the neocons. A non-interventionist foreign policy is actually a more conservative/libertarian approach rather than a liberal one.

This post was edited on 6/17 11:54 AM by SpartanTiger120
I know it isn't "liberal" but it is where the stereotypical liberal comes down on things like this typically. That doesn't really bother me - I make up my own mind on issues.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT