ADVERTISEMENT

A few long, scattered thoughts over a glass of Orange Kool-Aid

yoseftiger

The Mariana Trench
Gold Member
Aug 27, 2011
Thrilled to see an explosive offense for the first time in literally years. Made for such an enjoyable watching experience. I loved seeing the starters perform and watching the young guys. I will preface these thoughts with the fact that I’m admittedly drinking up the kool-aid after finally seeing a game like that again.

- The program right now is much more similar to 2011-14 than the playoff run. If they can gel and grow, it will be fun to watch a developmental team and to see what they can turn in to. An optimistic view would be that they could start the climb again. Yes it’s Appalachian and not a P4 school, but that is a proud program and one of the better G5 schools year over year. That was not SC State or the Citadel, all due respect to our instate schools.

- Cade is just now at the same age/time in the program as Tajh was when he hit his stride. Yes, Cade has a year of starting experience and that matters when evaluating him. But it takes time, these are kids still. Tajh was in his third year in the program as a Red Shirt Sophomore when the light came on vs Auburn. Hopefully that performance was the same for Cade. I don’t care who you’re playing, that stat line was incredible and 7 TDs in a half with only two incompletions is no mistake. If nothing else, I hope it injects him and the offense with confidence.

- Amazing the difference a couple serious, high level receivers will make. If we’re talking shades of 2011-13, the injection of Wesco and Moore fits right in line. Having a home run threat and high level talent makes everyone better and opens up the whole offense. It allows Williams, Brinny, and (soon) Brown to be better threats in their own skillsets and gives Cade so many more options. It also allows the other receivers to flourish as role players, a la Jaron Brown types.

- Finally having a blowout like that is so desperately needed for our depth and development. If we’re the developmental program Dabo says we are, we need those games. Keep everyone engaged, get the young kids experience, and give everyone a taste of playing time (with an eye towards retention). Those games changed the trajectory of the program from 2012-2019. It’s how we developed so many answers and turned 3* recruits in to complimentary and important contributors. Going years without that was detrimental to our development. It was fun and a breath of fresh air, but it was also so important for growing kids up.

I know every week won’t be like this, but wow that was great. Enjoy the bye, get healthy and get better, and go beat the hell out of the Pack in two weeks. Go tigers!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.