ADVERTISEMENT

A few takeaways from the game.

HeavyWaterTiger

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2004
Aiken, SC
  • There is no question that DJ is improved. His accuracy was good all night. He looked a little tentative to run at first, but, once he did, he seemed to get more comfortable.
  • WRs were much better at blocking this time around. You could see the improvement. However, way too many dropped balls. That has to improve.
  • The Oline seemed a bit overwhelmed at times, but, I think allot of that was a product of GT's gameplan to stop the run and make DJ beat them with the pass.
  • Antonio Williams is gonna be a stud once he has had time in the weight room.
  • Our best receiver at this point is Beau Collins. Ngata was a non factor. Not sure if GT was keying on him or not. This could change as we go forward.
  • Defense was completely dominate at times and then at other times made me scratch my head. I think that is a result of a new play caller working out the kinks. This is gonna be a sick defense.
  • KJ Henry was unblockable, but, where was Myles Murphy?
  • Brian Briese is a major stub who is probably gonna get allot better before the end of the year as he gets more comfortable on that knee.
  • Cade Klubnik was pretty impressive leading a drive that had major completions to a Swinney. I would like to see what he could do with the 1st stringers. To me, the only reason he's not the starter is trust in the turnover department. I believe this could be one of our most dynamic offenses with him at QB. IMO, he is the missing link. Not sure how long it will take for him to earn the coaches' trust, but when he does, the sky is the limit.
  • Overall, thought it was a positive experience for the team and something to build off of.
What do you guys think?

HWT

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.