ADVERTISEMENT

A Good Democrat: Liberal NBA Player Stephen Curry Opposes Affordable Housing Development Near His Mansion

TigerGrowls

Woodrush
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
This totally figures and does not surprise me. Rules for thee and not for me.

By Mike LaChance
Published January 30, 2023 at 10:11pm
Stephen-Curry-1.jpg

NBA player Stephen Curry is a liberal, Biden-supporting Democrat. He is also a hypocrite.
Despite being part of a nonprofit that “aims to promote economic equality and opportunity,” Curry and his wife are opposing the construction of an affordable housing development near their multi-million dollar mansion.
It’s classic NIMBY – Not in my back yard.
The Washington Free Beacon reports:
TRENDING: BREAKING: HORRIBLE - Arizona Regime Is Investigating Kari Lake And Trying To JAIL Her On Felony Charges For Exercising First Amendment And Exposing Election Fraud
Lib NBA Star Stephen Curry Opposes Affordable Housing Near His $30 Million Mansion
NBA superstar and Biden-supporter Stephen Curry is opposing the proposed construction of a low-income multifamily unit proposed for construction next to his $30 million mansion, saying he has “major concerns” for his “privacy” and “safety.”
Curry, who joined a nonprofit in 2021 focused on “bridging the racial wealth gap,” wrote a letter with his wife Ayesha to the city of Atherton, Calif., asking that it reconsider the construction of a 16-unit property near their estate.
“We hesitate to add to the ‘not in our backyard’ (literally) rhetoric, but we wanted to send a note before today’s meeting,” the couple wrote in the letter. “Safety and privacy for us and our kids continues to be our top priority.”
While the Golden State Warriors guard opposes affordable housing in his own neighborhood, Curry in 2021 joined the nonprofit NinetyToZero, which aims to promote economic equality and opportunity…
Curry is a longtime Democrat. He joined former president Barack Obama for a town hall on racial equality in 2019. A year later, he put his kids in front of a camera during the 2020 DNC to endorse Joe Biden. He gave $10,000 to Colin Kaepernick-linked charities and called Donald Trump’s 2024 run a ‘threat.”
He wants to help the little guy, as long as it doesn’t happen in his neighborhood.

This is pretty typical for wealthy liberals, isn’t it?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT