ADVERTISEMENT

A wonderful day!

dbjork6317

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2009
The President has announced a payroll tax holiday for everyone making less than $100k for the remainder of 2020. I know everyone here makes well over $100k every year, but its a beautiful day for economic freedom when millions of Americans can see more of their hard earned cash hit their bank account instead of the government’s.

Add on top of that that fall camp has finally started and 2020 is starting to look up!!

No politics or flu drama ITT please - just a celebration that football is finally upon us and many Americans are about to have more of their own money!

The President has announced a payroll tax holiday for everyone making less than $100k for the remainder of 2020. I know everyone here makes well over $100k every year, but its a beautiful day for economic freedom when millions of Americans can see more of their hard earned cash hit their bank account instead of the government’s.

Add on top of that that fall camp has finally started and 2020 is starting to look up!!

No politics or flu drama ITT please - just a celebration that football is finally upon us and many Americans are about to have more of their own money!
I feel as if this is bait...but I agree with you.

tenor.gif

Does it bother anyone else that executive orders like these have become such a normal part of lawmaking?

Just seems crazy to me that it’s effectively law by decree, and we just allow it to happen.

I hope someone or some branch of government steps up to curtail this type of behavior.
Excuse me sir, this is a celebration thread.

So no taxes coming out of our checks?
No payroll taxes. They’re deferred so unless Congress forgives them (which they should) then you’ll have to repay them, which for many Americans who don’t know how taxes work just means a smaller refund in the spring. As @71tig mentioned the President also signed some other solid EOs tonight, including a more reasonable rate for extended unemployment.

Okay, if no taxes comes out of your check the rest of the year does that mean next April 15th everyone is going to have to write one heckuva check to the IRS?
Not no taxes. You’ll still pay income tax. But the 7.65% that comes off the top for social security and medicaid will be deferred. We’ll have to wait and see if congress acts to forgive them completely, but the President has been pushing for that and this puts pressure on congress to do it.

So if a normal paycheck for you has, for example, $2,000 of gross taxable income then you’ll see about $150 more per paycheck.

Reactions: OrangeThunder
Not no taxes. You’ll still pay income tax. But the 7.65% that comes off the top for social security and medicaid will be deferred. We’ll have to wait and see if congress acts to forgive them completely, but the President has been pushing for that and this puts pressure on congress to do it.

So if a normal paycheck for you has, for example, $2,000 of gross taxable income then you’ll see about $150 more per paycheck.
So are you telling us that there goes the social security program ?

Does it bother anyone else that executive orders like these have become such a normal part of lawmaking?

Just seems crazy to me that it’s effectively law by decree, and we just allow it to happen.

I hope someone or some branch of government steps up to curtail this type of behavior.
I think we are going to see Trump go on a free shit for everybody campaign from now until Nov 3rd.

So are you telling us that there goes the social security program ?
No, employers will still be paying their half, and everyone making over 100k will still be paying their percentage. You couldn’t do it for a long long time but its a good way to go for now to put some immediate cash back in the economy.

Maybe if the President is re-elected he will try to extend it or even push for permanent social security reform, which I would fully support.

No, employers will still be paying their half, and everyone making over 100k will still be paying their percentage. You couldn’t do it for a long long time but its a good way to go for now to put some immediate cash back in the economy.

Maybe if the President is re-elected he will try to extend it or even push for permanent social security reform, which I would fully support.
What is the social security reform that you would support ?

My question is
What are you going to do for people on SS?

Now that social security will bankrupt by 2029, how will my fellow TI brethren make needs meet???

Now that social security will bankrupt by 2029, how will my fellow TI brethren make needs meet???
Hopefully they’ll use the money that the government is no longer taking from them to wisely invest in the economy and grow their savings to a greater amount then they’d ever get from social security and then they can keep this celebration going well into retirement!!

Excuse me sir, this is a celebration thread.

Well by all means, consider yourself excused and celebrate away!

It remains unclear to me, though, why the continued erosion of democracy from both the left and the right is worthy of celebration. I don’t care if you do agree with these particular executive orders, the fact that they circumvent procedure for creating legislation is cause for concern (and has been for some time).

With that, I will leave you to your celebration thread.

Reactions: MJS CU 01
Well by all means, consider yourself excused and celebrate away!

It remains unclear to me, though, why the continued erosion of democracy from both the left and the right is worthy of celebration. I don’t care if you do agree with these particular executive orders, the fact that they circumvent procedure for creating legislation is cause for concern (and has been for some time).

With that, I will leave you to your celebration thread.
This is the first post I’ve ever reported on TI. Get your negativity out of here!!!

I don’t make over $100,000 a year, I’m in the army dude

at least this time it helps the regular guys and gals

not the swamp

i thought ss is 6.7% and medicaid is 3.4%? for a total of 10.1%

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT