ADVERTISEMENT

American hero John Lewis has passed away.

Also, asshole, this is much less important than your obvious ignorance and racism, but in response to your comment about the kind of person I’ll be as I age and develop comment, let me tell you

I’m 43 years old. My undergrad degree is in physics from MIT. My grad degree is in materials science from Stanford. But I gave up a lucrative engineering career in 2002 to start over entirely and to get involved in politics because I love my country and I was aghast at George W Bush being put in charge of it.

I literally lived with 4 other dudes in a one-bedroom apartment in my first political job, while I worked 6.5 days a week. I worked my way up to become a successful political strategist, always only working for people or causes I believe in.

Hell yes, I’m a liberal, and I damn proud of it. And while I disagree with honest conservatives like the late John McCain, I still respect the hell out of the ones like him that always put country first.

what I don’t respect are snowflakes like you that get so easily triggered that they feel the need to go on an embarrassing, racist, condescending rant, instead of taking 30 seconds to look up John Lewis.

and I certainly don’t need a jackass like you telling me that I’ll grow out of this “woke” phase of mine.

I know exactly who I am, and what I stand for, and I’m damn proud of it.

right now, I doubt you can say the same thing.

(Apologizes for any typos above, typed on an iPhone with, as you can tell, more passion than proofreading)

Congrats. I truly believe this may he the most self congratulatory post ever made on T1! You Sir are quite the man, nay quite the Human Being! Most of us (earthlings) can only dream about attaining the intelligence, compassion, and especially the humility that you have already achieved! You can't see me but I am bowing as I type this .

Also, asshole, this is much less important than your obvious ignorance and racism, but in response to your comment about the kind of person I’ll be as I age and develop comment, let me tell you about that.

I’m 43 years old. My undergrad degree is in physics from MIT. My grad degree is in materials science from Stanford. But I gave up a lucrative engineering career in 2002 to start over entirely and to get involved in politics because I love my country and I was aghast at George W Bush being put in charge of it.

I literally lived with 4 other dudes in a one-bedroom apartment in my first political job, while I worked 6.5 days a week. I worked my way up to become a successful political strategist, always only working for people or causes I believe in.

Hell yes, I’m a liberal, and I damn proud of it. And while I disagree with honest conservatives like the late John McCain, I still respect the hell out of the ones like him that always put country first.

what I don’t respect are snowflakes like you that get so easily triggered that they feel the need to go on an embarrassing, racist, condescending rant, instead of taking 30 seconds to look up John Lewis.

and I certainly don’t need a jackass like you telling me that I’ll grow out of this “woke” phase of mine.

(Apologizes for any typos above, typed on an iPhone with, as you can tell, more passion than proofreading)
Are you running against Lindsay Graham?

Well, this is not my fight, but he is a very historical figure. Not simply a Congressman at time of death, but a very historical figure in the Sixties Civil Rights Movement. That may not mean much to you but it does to most every other true American, regardless of their party orientation.
Easy man.
I didn't recognize the name and asked an honest question and amended by thoughts and comments. many think, properly.

Reactions: purenonsense
Also, asshole, this is much less important than your obvious ignorance and racism, but in response to your comment about the kind of person I’ll be as I age and develop comment, let me tell you about that.

Admire your passion and success.
I am not racist and will not try to defend what I have no need to.

Assholes are everywhere. And I can be one of the best.
You seem to have the potential, as well, my friend. BTW, I apologize for my overreaction.

Let me ask you this?

What if the man I asked about, whose name I didn't immediately recognize, was ........ you know, white?

AM I STILL A RACIST?
Talk about jumping the gun.

Last edited:
Who is your savior? Doesn't sound like mine.
Then you may want to spend less time on 'social' information and more in the trenches with the Word.

I didn't recognize a man's name and asked who he was.
There are great people you've never met or heard of dying every day. Trust me.

If the name had been that of a white man, my unnecessary tirade would still be rather empty maybe............but would I be called a racist?
Talk about a double standard.
That Savior we both have alluded to surely didn't have one.

Just because some people are more 'famous' or well known does not make their life more important than others automatically. This man made a difference. I would have liked to have known him.

Where did he mention social media or national news?
I would politely suggest that Google is wrapped up in most, if not both of those, way more than is comfortable for me.

Could be wrong to throw the whole information 'machine' system into one pot.

There's probably a non-tainted information source out there.
Probably.
To them, I apologize

Are you running against Lindsay Graham?
Interesting fact.

Lindsay Graham's first ever political function as he began his career, running for his first office.........was hosted by my parents in our back yard.

Unlike their son, many of you might say, they were both very honorable people and passionate about being involved in politics in SC because of how they could and did impact their state and community for the good.

Anyone of any involvement in SC politics 'back in the day' would know them.

I have never been interested in politics.
Still not.

Have no comment on Graham or his positions.

nobody needs your bio

Not really but it is really odd that you wouldnt know at all who he was for as long as he has been around on the political scene since the sixties.

Not really or no? Because if we’re to be intimately aware of all African Americans in order to not be at all racist, then this ends very bad. Please think hard on this

Not really or no? Because if we’re to be intimately aware of all African Americans in order to not be at all racist, then this ends very bad. Please think hard on this
To me, it has nothing at all to do with whether or nor you are racist. I dont see how it makes one a racist. I just found it hard to believe that a poster did not know who he was.

Some of you completely lose sight of who reads this board besides our group of daily degenerates. That’s right, recruits. And their parents. And competitors.

John Lewis was a great man. Did I agree with all of his politics? Not at all. However, if you can’t respect what he’s done because of your own politics enough to pray for his peaceful passing to the next life, I don’t know what to tell you.

To me, it has nothing at all to do with whether or nor you are racist. I dont see how it makes one a racist. I just found it hard to believe that a poster did not know who he was.

Please take no offense to this but you need to take things less seriously. I do know this board has trolls though, so I’ll give you that. I say that because “not really” is the not the same as what you just said above, especially when answering whether the response means someone is a racist. Contrary to how you feel, most people take being called that, pretty darn seriously

Please take no offense to this but you need to take things less seriously. I do know this board has trolls though, so I’ll give you that. I say that because “not really” is the not the same as what you just said above, especially when answering whether the response means someone is a racist. Contrary to how you feel, most people take being called that, pretty darn seriously
Ok, i will take this less seriously. You make a nice word salad by the way.

ADVERTISEMENT