ADVERTISEMENT

Ammunition Shortage and email from major supplier

Yea my daughter is waiting for hers to come now. The issue may literally become no one has ammo to take the class outside of maybe .22.

From what I can tell .22 is still available. I think I’m gonna make an extremely large purchase.
Here in Kentucky the limit you to four boxes at a time. I am just going more often.

Reactions: tigergrad03
I just discovered 2000 rounds of unopened .45 ACP target that I had forgotten about. I had bought it when I legally owned a MAC10. That’s about 90 seconds worth.
I just returned from taking it to Dewey’s Pawn Shop. They were really happy to have it and my wallet is a little heavy(They only pay in cash).

This is much worse than anything during the Obama years. That was driven by the concept that guns may become illegal (which Obama never really tried to do as I recall, or had any success with anyway).

Now we have a potential ban coming if Harris....er Biden wins, PLUS civil unrest, PLUS covid.......it's a real mess.
True, but the good thing for most of us fine folks is that the US Military will be on our side. They have plenty of ammo, and if you recall, that was one of the best things Obama did while in office. He caused the ammo shortage during his term by buying it all up for the Armed Forces.

What are they going to do, go door to door everywhere telling you to hand over your gun? Give me a break.
Thats what I don't get. There are maybe a couple hundred million guns in circulation in the U.S. I think I saw an estimate of something like 30 million AR-15 platform rifles alone.

True, but the good thing for most of us fine folks is that the US Military will be on our side. They have plenty of ammo, and if you recall, that was one of the best things Obama did while in office. He caused the ammo shortage during his term by buying it all up for the Armed Forces.
About 60% of the military will be on our side. The bad news is most of the high ranking officials in our military will be on the other side. This is due to the Litmus Test Obama gave to our high ranking officers when he was in office. “Would You Fire On An American Citizen?” If they said, “NO” they were given a pink slip.

About 60% of the military will be on our side. The bad news is most of the high ranking officials in our military will be on the other side. This is due to the Litmus Test Obama gave to our high ranking officers when he was in office. “Would You Fire On An American Citizen?” If they said, “NO” they were given a pink slip.

Sweet gentle Christ on a bike.

Enjoying the free market profits not good enough for you @Casa_del_Tigre .
BTW who are you to tell anyone if they "need" ammunition. Chode on.

I support your right to buy ammunition. I just tend to think ammunition is in the overbought category. I forget a lot of gun guys are extra sensitive. There is panic buying, it’s reasonable to believe panic buying =over bought. Just like toilet paper being over bought.

Now let’s y’all about free markets. People buying ammo with stimulus money and additional unemployment benefits isn’t capitalism. All logistics companies are backed up because of the massive back logs of wants.

Plenty of houses are stocking bullets that won’t ever be shot. A bullet not shot is a waste of money.

“Crazy People” that bought extra masks, gloves and hand sanitizer the past couple years must have been buying not needed stuff too.
Yes. Believe it or not things don’t have to be partisan. You’re a nut if you fear buy way too much toilet paper and you’re a nut if you fear buy too much bullets.

2/3rds? lol.

trump's decided he's got unlimited powers to allocate money, suspend and extend laws, create new ones, etc etc, all through executive order. He's even blatantly ignoring multiple supreme court decisions he doesn't like.
Don’t forget trump hated the federal reserve when Obama was in office for artificially low interest rates and a “fake” stock market.

Now the Fed is buying corporate debt, record low rates, and close to buying stocks directly while stocks are at all time highs. Ask trump, it’s all great for the economy.

Reactions: clemsontyger04
Aren't we sure this is the NWOs doing? Or can we blame Obama for this?
What do you care? I mean you don’t own a gun. That’s the most unamerican thing I can think of. It’s your birthright and people all over the world would give anything to own one and you choose not too.

You will soon regret that more than anything in your miserable life. I’m actually starting to look forward to what’s coming. It will be comical watching you and those like you begging and crying. And I will feel no mercy for you. You had a choice and chose to buy what, mace?

Reactions: clemsonalex
I’ve got a question for some of you knowledgeable guns guys on here. I bought an already built AR from Palmetto several years ago. How hard would it be to change over from the 2.23-5.56 to the 7.62 39 mm? Would changing the upper only work or is it more complicated than that? I know a little abt guns but not an expert. Also would this be cost effective?
You will need a new upper and lower. And I wouldn’t change it to 7.62x39. When ammo is a available it’s cheaper but the Russians changed to the 5.45mm round because it’s more accurate and lethal. Same deal with 5.56. I own both and the AK round isn’t accurate

We are delivering full trailers of bullets almost daily to Academy Sports DC. Same with Bass Pro.

hopefully people continue to waste money on not needed bullets. This demand is really helping me out.
What days and times do you deliver to academy?

Member when obammer was going to get rid of our guns? Gun shows were very entertaining to go to during that time. Massive shortages on ammo then as well. I think I'm good with my shotguns. I do want to buy a rifle so some good advice in here thanks. Any recommendations on a .3006?
Savage model 110 bolt action with accu trigger

Reactions: clemsonfn8
I really hope not but I think some people are.

But mostly now people are trying to just find anything.

Actually there have been a LOT of guns sold lately. Sales are up by over 130%. Covid, civil unrest, lack of trust in the police - it's a perfect storm for gun sales.

Go to any decent-sized local gun store and look in their cabinet. They will be a lot lower on inventory than normal. Some stores are calling other stores and paying full MSRP for guns, to re-sell at jacked-up prices. It's a seller's market for sure.
Get ready. It’s not far off

2/3rds? lol.

trump's decided he's got unlimited powers to allocate money, suspend and extend laws, create new ones, etc etc, all through executive order. He's even blatantly ignoring multiple supreme court decisions he doesn't like.
Obama was the best thing that ever happened for the gun industry. More ammo and guns sold in 8 years than at any point in history. Your hero who talked about banning guns and all that shit. LOL

And when the civil war starts they will be on our side as well. All these democrats had better start moving now. Hunting season will be interesting this year

Last edited:
Reactions: Trading Tiger
Will you if they do that is the big question.
I’ve thought about this for years. I believe most true patriots have made up their mind. I’ll give them everything I have...... one fvcking bullet at a time!!!! Well maybe two in some cases. But I’ll fight to the death. And yea I’ll die, but not before I take a cemetery worth of them with me. Liberty or death.
Unfortunately I think half of Americans will give up without a fight. Half of the ones that own guns. The ones who don’t will walk to the wagons with a smile thinking they are going somewhere “safe.”

Reactions: Stripey
I would like to. I’m not sure we could get the materials though.
It is a major issue. Primers are the largest issue right now and will be for a little while. Some companies are bringing them in from outside sources but the reliability could be a concern.

Ammo prices will see another increase this month as large providers have already announced heavy increases and there will be more before the end of the year.

The unrest in the Middle East and Russia have added to the shortage as countries in those regions that typically provide options beyond the mainstays as they couldn’t ship product. Some of those areas are starting to free up product again.

Hunting ammo is the next shortage everyone will see. Better stock up for the season.

It is a major issue. Primers are the largest issue right now and will be for a little while. Some companies are bringing them in from outside sources but the reliability could be a concern.

Ammo prices will see another increase this month as large providers have already announced heavy increases and there will be more before the end of the year.

The unrest in the Middle East and Russia have added to the shortage as countries in those regions that typically provide options beyond the mainstays as they couldn’t ship product. Some of those areas are starting to free up product again.

Hunting ammo is the next shortage everyone will see. Better stock up for the season.
Yes. It’s a mess. I stocked up for years on every caliber I own. Some of which I have over 10,000 rounds of premium hollow point ammo for. I would like some plinking ammo, but that will have to wait

The lower receiver is the same for both 5.56 (.223) & 7.62x39. You will need a complete upper & new magazines.

That's one of the nice things about the AR - pull 2 pins & swap the upper, you have a whole new gun.

You can swap the upper and go to a 7.62x39 but cannot swap 5.56 to 7.62x51 (.308). You can with 5.56 to .300 BO and I believe to 6.5 as well.

It has been a while since I looked into this but I believe there were fees problems bc the 7.62x39 didn’t fit into a traditional AR magazine and feed angle caused problems. Could be old thought though.

https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/constitution-transcript

Good luck getting 2/3's of both the House and Senate to agree on anything.

This is much worse than anything during the Obama years. That was driven by the concept that guns may become illegal (which Obama never really tried to do as I recall, or had any success with anyway).

Now we have a potential ban coming if Harris....er Biden wins, PLUS civil unrest, PLUS covid.......it's a real mess.
Any ban or repeal of the 2nd amendment will signal the start of the next Civil War in America.

Yes sir! Obama can be thanked for this. The good thing is the 40% that turn on their own country and people are likely the sissies like Obama. Any traitor will be easily dealt with.

Reactions: areeves
Yea I’m disappointed in PSA. Anyone that has recently bought a 5.56 / AR is stuck. Plenty of magazines but no ammo. One box is ridiculous. One case maybe but seriously that’s not good business

My wife wanted a .380 so we went and bought her one last weekend. I’ve got one and plenty of ammo. Anyway, took 30 minutes to get in. You actually had to buy a .380 to buy a box of bullets for the gun. Crazy times!

I bought an AR from them 5 years ago and they had ammo on sale. Picked up 2,000 rounds. I’ve only pulled the trigger probably 150-200 times.

I’ve got a question for some of you knowledgeable guns guys on here. I bought an already built AR from Palmetto several years ago. How hard would it be to change over from the 2.23-5.56 to the 7.62 39 mm? Would changing the upper only work or is it more complicated than that? I know a little abt guns but not an expert. Also would this be cost effective?

Works with AR-15 platform lower NOT an AR-10. Do not get it confused with 7.62x51 (.308).

So, exact same Lower as your 556 except you will likely need a new Buffer (heavier). You will need a new Upper (including a Bolt Carrier Group). I would get an adjustable gas block but that’s just me.

You’ll also need new Magazines.

The lower receiver is the same for both 5.56 (.223) & 7.62x39. You will need a complete upper & new magazines.

That's one of the nice things about the AR - pull 2 pins & swap the upper, you have a whole new gun.

You will need a new upper and lower. And I wouldn’t change it to 7.62x39. When ammo is a available it’s cheaper but the Russians changed to the 5.45mm round because it’s more accurate and lethal. Same deal with 5.56. I own both and the AK round isn’t accurate

You do NOT need a new Lower. You only need a different Buffer and it’s not 100% required. Just depends.

The Mags are AR-15 7.62x39 mags designed to go into a MilSpec Lower. You might be thinking of regular AK Mags, which will not work with an AR-15 Lower.

You can swap the upper and go to a 7.62x39 but cannot swap 5.56 to 7.62x51 (.308). You can with 5.56 to .300 BO and I believe to 6.5 as well.

It has been a while since I looked into this but I believe there were fees problems bc the 7.62x39 didn’t fit into a traditional AR magazine and feed angle caused problems. Could be old thought though.

6.5 Creedmoor is AR-10 Lower ONLY.

6.5 Grendel is an AR-15 Lower.

300 AAC/Blackout is AR-15 as well and you can use the exact same Magazines (tho I would recommend altering how they feel in your hand so you know the difference...for example wrap them in duct tape, etc...or Magpul makes some that feel different). You’ll have a very bad day if you fire a 300 AAC round into a 556 Barrel.

- - -

You will have feed problems with AK Mags and an AR-15 Lower. It will not feed/cycle. You have to use AR-15 Magazines that are designed for 7.62 x 39.

You have to use specific magazines for 7.62x39.

Reactions: clemsonu0219
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT