ADVERTISEMENT

Announcers will spend 30 minutes on this

“Four years ago, what is now known as the Black Lives Matter Global Network began to organize. It started out as a chapter-based, member-led organization whose mission was to build local power and to intervene when violence was inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes.

In the years since, we’ve committed to struggling together and to imagining and creating a world free of anti-Blackness, where every Black person has the social, economic, and political power to thrive.”

OK, what about this triggers people?
Im not triggered, but I will point out that the world they are striving to create has already been created by the greatest country in the planet. We perfected ourselves so much we elected a black guy to be the most powerful person in the world, twice.

Ya so let’s say he insists on putting a PSA trailer before a movie. You aren’t going to see this movie you otherwise would love?

I mean I don’t agree with a lot of what the founders of Chick Fil A stand for, but I’m still going to eat their quality fast food chicken on the regular.
NO, I probably wouldnt watch the movie. I dont turn on a flick to get preached to. Its called amusement which literally means to "not think".

Apples and oranges on chick-fil-a. You wouldnt know what their beliefs are by visiting their restaurant and/or eating there.

Reactions: Pvilletigerfan
“Four years ago, what is now known as the Black Lives Matter Global Network began to organize. It started out as a chapter-based, member-led organization whose mission was to build local power and to intervene when violence was inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes.

In the years since, we’ve committed to struggling together and to imagining and creating a world free of anti-Blackness, where every Black person has the social, economic, and political power to thrive.”

OK, what about this triggers people?
Have you read their website at all or are you just trying to deceive people?

DearestSpiffyAlpaca-small.gif
Is that really how you pictured him?

Reactions: BHSRebels89
NO, I probably wouldnt watch the movie. I dont turn on a flick to get preached to. Its called amusement which literally means to "not think".

Apples and oranges on chick-fil-a. You wouldnt know what their beliefs are by visiting their restaurant and/or eating there.

I mean CFA doesn’t exactly shy away from advertising their beliefs. I bet market research would show that a top association with their brand is “closed on Sunday”.

Let’s assume we are talking about the movie hypothetically appearing on TV or you getting a free screening since you are saying you don’t want to be preached at. I think being that scared of hearing a PSA in exchange for 2 hours of what you describe would be top entertainment is pretty strange. If you personally disagree with the content of the PSA, you are free to just ignore it and move on- not seeing the movie just cheats yourself out of great entertainment.

I’d characterize that as being a “snowflake” because the only consideration in whether or not to view the movie in this hypothetical is literally whether you can mentally tolerate the PSA for its run length and then go on to enjoy the movie. I would hope most people have this relatively low level of mental fortitude.

How did saying “Black Lives Matter” become equivalent to “Vote for Trump”.

I don’t get what triggers people about the phrase Black Lives Matter. What does the phrase really mean to you guys?

I don’t think it’s the phrase that bothers most people, it’s the organization. 2 of its 3 founders have admitted to being trained marxists from my understanding. I’m sure there are plenty of peaceful BLM protestors with good intentions but there are also plenty of violent bullies that are associated with that group as well. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to not want your alma mater/team associated with a group that does stuff like this
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...er-Louisville-decries-BLMs-mafia-tactics.html

Last edited:
It’s easy to be anti-abortion when you don’t have to spend 9 months with an alien growing inside your body that forcibly rips you open from front to back on it’s way into the world.

I’m guessing you believe a 15 year old rape victim should be forced to shoulder the lifelong responsibility of raising the child of her rapist?

You just made my argument stronger.

Whether your beliefs lean towards pro-life or pro-abortion isn't the issue.

Having sports commentators telling you your position is wrong and shoving it down your throat is the issue.

Thanks for playing.

I mean CFA doesn’t exactly shy away from advertising their beliefs. I bet market research would show that a top association with their brand is “closed on Sunday”.

Let’s assume we are talking about the movie hypothetically appearing on TV or you getting a free screening since you are saying you don’t want to be preached at. I think being that scared of hearing a PSA in exchange for 2 hours of what you describe would be top entertainment is pretty strange. If you personally disagree with the content of the PSA, you are free to just ignore it and move on- not seeing the movie just cheats yourself out of great entertainment.

I’d characterize that as being a “snowflake” because the only consideration in whether or not to view the movie in this hypothetical is literally whether you can mentally tolerate the PSA for its run length and then go on to enjoy the movie. I would hope most people have this relatively low level of mental fortitude.
I think its comical that you associate me making a choice to "being that scared of hearing a PSA", "snowflake", and "low level of mental fortitude". I get to choose how I am entertained. Closing on Sunday isnt the same as political and social messages during football games or movies. If they play gospel preaching in the stores, maybe you have a point.

Guys... are you REALLY worried about anything WF does on or off the field? No matter if you are liberal, conservative, or somewhere in between. I'd submit that you don't want a bunch of college football players and ESPN announcers giving you their opinions on race, health, or politics.

Allow Uncle Hopefultiger to instruct you in the pain and annoyance free method that I will be using on Saturday to avoid all of this:

1. Set DVR to record game.
2. At or near 7pm EST... Think to yourself... "Ah, almost time for kickoff"
3. Continue doing whatever it is you are doing.
4. At or near 7:30 pm EST... Think to yourself... "Now it's time for some football.".
5. Start DVR and fast forward until you see the teams lined up for kick off.
6. Press Play.

Bonus Features . You get to fast forward through the first few commercial breaks OR you can "Save" that delay and fast forward through any political commentary that comes up during the game. Personally, I'm holding back to fast forward if Herby cries...

I'm worried several of them are gonna get killed Saturday and Clemson players will be arrested. Charges would never stick but.......

Dons actually under rated. No troll.

This. Don is actually pretty freaking good.

How did saying “Black Lives Matter” become equivalent to “Vote for Trump”.

I don’t get what triggers people about the phrase Black Lives Matter. What does the phrase really mean to you guys?

There is "Black Lives Matter" the movement (the concept that the lives of Black people matter). This is pretty well universally accepted by most people with two brain cells to rub together.

But there is also the ORGANIZATION by that name. And as with any organization (BLM, Boy Scouts, the Daughters of the American Revolution, whoever) you gotta be careful who you cast your lot with. Because inevitably thse organizations expand what they stand for or their stated beliefs beyond their main focus. Such as if the Boy Scouts suddenly decided that abortion is a great thing or something.

It’s easy to be anti-abortion when you don’t have to spend 9 months with an alien growing inside your body that forcibly rips you open from front to back on it’s way into the world.

I’m guessing you believe a 15 year old rape victim should be forced to shoulder the lifelong responsibility of raising the child of her rapist?
The problem is, many women use this as a form of birth control. Also a Planned Parent makes a lot of money off abortions and highly encourages snuffing out the life of millions of innocent life forms. Both are pure evil

Have you read their website at all or are you just trying to deceive people?

LOL. You challenged people to go read their mission statement. he posted it here, it really is quite reasonable. Have you read the website? Probably not. Hannity told you what to think.

If you disagree, why don't you be specific and post exactly what on the BLM website is so offensive to you?

Reactions: DClemsonTiger
Ya so let’s say he insists on putting a PSA trailer before a movie. You aren’t going to see this movie you otherwise would love?

I mean I don’t agree with a lot of what the founders of Chick Fil A stand for, but I’m still going to eat their quality fast food chicken on the regular.
Ricky Gervais already said it better than I ever could, so I won't even respond.

LOL. You challenged people to go read their mission statement. he posted it here, it really is quite reasonable. Have you read the website? Probably not. Hannity told you what to think.

If you disagree, why don't you be specific and post exactly what on the BLM website is so offensive to you?

The goal post shifting really is quite remarkable.

First of all, if a true act of rape resulted in a pregnancy, then I would be OK with permitting an abortion in that case. However, that decision would need to be made relatively quickly. As a woman, and as a decent human being, you don't get to go along with the pregnancy for months and months, and then decide at the last minute (or even beyond), and then decide you want to kill the baby.

Abortion is one thing, but what the democrats want to call abortion, is considered murder by, as someone else already put it, anyone with two brain cells to rub together.

And lastly, you've never heard of adoption?? Just because you don't want the lifelong responsibility, or aren't ready for it, doesn't mean you have to choose abortion/murder. There are other alternatives.

The problem is, many women use this as a form of birth control. Also a Planned Parent makes a lot of money off abortions and highly encourages snuffing out the life of millions of innocent life forms. Both are pure evil

Dude... this is not true at all. Here's an abstract from the journal of Global Public Health HERE (I'm not sure if it's publically available as I have access to a bunch of Peer Reviewed Journals b/c I work at a University. Here's the cliffs just in case: The relevant part of the Abstract:
--------------------------
While there was a consensus that abortion cannot replace contraceptive use, poor couple communication, lack of planning, lack of acceptable contraceptive methods and the pleasures that people associate with having unprotected sex result in the perception that some individuals rely on abortion over contraception to prevent unintended births. Men and women both identified women as solely in charge of avoiding an unwanted pregnancy and resolving it should one occur. No one supported repeat abortions for themselves or others, and many respondents perceived multiple abortions to lead to infertility, which strengthens their position that substituting abortion for contraception is unacceptable.

This is one of MANY studies on the subject. Research is a good thing. As for planned parenthood....
-------------------
Planned Parenthood, is a nonprofit organization that provides reproductive health care in the United States and globally. It is a tax-exempt corporation under Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3) and a member association of the International Planned Parenthood Federation
--------------------

Dude... this is not true at all. Here's an abstract from the journal of Global Public Health HERE (I'm not sure if it's publically available as I have access to a bunch of Peer Reviewed Journals b/c I work at a University. Here's the cliffs just in case: The relevant part of the Abstract:
While there was a consensus that abortion cannot replace contraceptive use, poor couple communication, lack of planning, lack of acceptable contraceptive methods and the pleasures that people associate with having unprotected sex result in the perception that some individuals rely on abortion over contraception to prevent unintended births. Men and women both identified women as solely in charge of avoiding an unwanted pregnancy and resolving it should one occur. No one supported repeat abortions for themselves or others, and many respondents perceived multiple abortions to lead to infertility, which strengthens their position that substituting abortion for contraception is unacceptable.

This is one of MANY studies on the subject. Research is a good thing. As for planned parenthood....
-------------------
Planned Parenthood, is a nonprofit organization that provides reproductive health care in the United States and globally. It is a tax-exempt corporation under Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3) and a member association of the International Planned Parenthood Federation
--------------------
Yeah, I don't care what it says in some book or journal. When I hear from their own mouths, women basically bragging that they've had 3, 4, 5+ abortions...GTFO with your BS.

It is true, and it does happen.

Yeah, I don't care what it says in some book or journal. When I hear from their own mouths, women basically bragging that they've had 3, 4, 5+ abortions...GTFO with your BS.

when, where and why are you speaking to these women?

At noon, we talk about football. At 4pm, we talk about abortion. Unbelievable.

Unfortunately, this thread goes to show you why networks like ESPN will be shoving the social topics down our throats. People get way more worked up over these issues than sports. People worked up = interest. Interest = $$$$.

It's not BS, it's SCIENCE. There's a BIG difference between "what you've heard" and a scientific study involving thousands of subjects. Anecdotal evidence is not proof of anything (one way or the other... it may be correct, it may not be). The REAL reason is that you aren't interested in REAL answers when they don't agree with your world view...

You and Sammy should get together for a beer and talk about how the world is flat. You can go outside and SEE that right? You don't care what it says in some book or scientific study, right?

And I won't GTFO... I'll always bring the science to the table, b/c science (while not perfect) gives more correct answers to important questions than any other method we have. If more studies are done that show you are correct, I'll change my stance immediately. That's the way science works.

If it's true and it does happen, then show me I'm wrong. Pull up some reliable sources that show that people consider abortion a viable birth control method. IF your opinion is true, then the studies should be out there showing it. Lots of work has been done in this field, and my "lit review" took all of 5 mins. I could be wrong... Show me that I am and I'll change my tune and tip my hat to you for setting me straight.

Last edited:
Reactions: DClemsonTiger
Players supporting their elected President wouldn’t bother me at all.

I actually have no problem with this. I think Trump supporters are wrong and have made no secret of my feelings for him, but he IS the President. If players want to support him, I've no problem with that.

The past 4 years have sucked for me from a political standpoint. While I REALLY don't like Trump, I do love my country. It's really hard to balance wanting Trump gone and America to do well at the same time.

Reactions: GoodWord28
While I REALLY don't like Trump, I do love my country. It's really hard to balance wanting Trump gone and America to do well at the same time.

That's because you are a moderate and have the ability to think rationally.

ADVERTISEMENT