ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else worried as I am about the secondary and MLB?

Chrisd4cu

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2002
Tampa, FL
Was not blown away by #34 on defense as I hoped I would be, if he is the starter at Auburn, then I'm afraid we are in trouble at some point on D. Hard to imagine him ever being ahead of #44 last year.

Same thing with #14, was hoping he would blow me away, just didn't see it. He looks a year or 2 away.

#2 looked ok. Again, was hoping he would jump off the radar and be an obvious guy reminiscent of his #2 jersey. Hopefully over the summer all of these make up the ground that we need them to make up. THEY HAVE TO!!

Did not notice #19 despite the good things we have heard consistently about him. But, He's a guy i am counting on to be a regular rotation guy, the 3rd safety. Don't see any way around that at the moment. Did anyone see Muse making plays?

IMO, in order for us to make it another special season. The guys I mentioned above are going to have to be bigtime contributers for us at DB and MLB. If not those guys, then someone at their positions. And I'm counting on Edmonds to start at the other corner spot.

Our success on D depends on

1. #34 and or #57 playing lights out at MLB from opening game.
2. #19 becoming a dependable regular rotation guy at S, there are no other options aside from moving a guy? or a true freshman? or Wiggins making a miraculous recovery?

Tell you what, that Baker injury was a killer. Had to have been devastating to the Coaches plans. We would be in pretty solid shape with Fields as the #3 guy this spring, and battling Baker. Coaches optimism over having Baker back by September is pushing the boundaries of optimism IMO. Just don't see how that's realistic at all. Even by next spring seems optimistic to me, what am I Missing? To bad the Coaches could not find a graduate transfer or a JUCO graduate to fill in a hole just this 1 time.

Would be almost like winning the lottery as far as having guys that will be able to play right away as true freshman that we signed, u just can't depend on it though, just to hard to judge. As we've seen you just can never predict when the light will come on for these kids.

But we NEED, desperately need Mullen, Simmons and or the kid from VA to figure it out real real quick!

Someone help me feel better! Reckon?!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News