ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone here work for the government?

nytigerfan

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2004
Just wondering if anyone on the board will be personally affected by Trump's govt shutdown. Must be tough for anyone to lose their income this time of year.

One trait of a narcissist is that they have no empathy for other people. George H.W. Bush stayed in Washington for Christmas so his security people could be with with their families. I doubt this has ever even crossed Trump's mind.

In the past when they've been furloughed like this, they do end up getting all the back pay that they'd have missed, they just get it much later.

I don't work directly for Sam, but I do work in a govt building. I come to work either way.

Notice that you are getting the low scores from the Trump supporters. This shutdown will NOT be Trump's fault. I'd look for some tweets today blaming Dems even though he said he would be proud to shut it down. Remember Trump does no wrong. If things go well, Trump gets the credit, it not, well ... it's someone else's fault. The buck NEVER stops on Trump's desk.

Notice that you are getting the low scores from the Trump supporters. This shutdown will NOT be Trump's fault. I'd look for some tweets today blaming Dems even though he said he would be proud to shut it down. Remember Trump does no wrong. If things go well, Trump gets the credit, it not, well ... it's someone else's fault. The buck NEVER stops on Trump's desk.
Trump is ALREADY backing down on his statement and blaming Democrats. Done happened....and we all knew it would.

Yes, but wont be affected. Most of these time these are short term. I think longest ever is 21 days. I would bet that those affected will get back pay so its like free annual leave.

Probably not - doubt it's a complete "Shutdown" - usually there're exempt areas of the government (like the FAA) that work and get paid during shutdowns.
I believe the shutdown is around 20%, not that it will matter to the electorate.

Probably not - doubt it's a complete "Shutdown" - usually there're exempt areas of the government (like the FAA) that work and get paid during shutdowns.

"essential staff" at the TSA and the air traffic controllers are required to show up. Admin staff that keep the trains running on time (metaphorically) who are not deemed essential will not. This will inevitably cause problems.

I dont. But this is a win/win since no one will be available to take Federal Income Tax out of the real working people’s paychecks.

Yeah--Trump and this asinine policies and moves are taking it straight out of my 401k.

This is the worst the market has looked since August 2011. How anyone can support this cluster is beyond me...

This “shutdown” ain’t $hit but ho’s and tricks’s - Wait til the debt ceiling increase showdown in 2 months (est. March 19’), they’ll be blood in the streets in the town of New Haven

This “shutdown” ain’t $hit but ho’s and tricks’s - Wait til the debt ceiling increase showdown in 2 months (est. March 19’), they’ll be blood in the streets in the town of New Haven
Any reference to politics being nothing but ho’s and tricks gets a thumbs up from me. That is 100% exactly what it is.

I respectfully request to use that line multiple times with relatives this Christmas season and wil pay you 20% royalties.

You are a gentleman and a scholar!

Reactions: yeti24
"essential staff" at the TSA and the air traffic controllers are required to show up. Admin staff that keep the trains running on time (metaphorically) who are not deemed essential will not. This will inevitably cause problems.

Day 3 trump shutdown. Trump has still not received any taxpayer money for his pointless border wall that he promised Mexico would pay for. MAGA! @amynhop

The bias is always interesting. "Trump will blame D's...never Trump's fault." It was the same with Obama for those that disliked him. Everyone said the buck never got to Obama. Hey, as long as we hate each other politicians have served their primary purpose. They feed off of it.

Just wondering if anyone on the board will be personally affected by Trump's govt shutdown. Must be tough for anyone to lose their income this time of year.
Almost all of us work for the government. The difference in us and Federal employees is that they get paid to do it. We just pay taxes and receive no pay.

Almost all of us work for the government. The difference in us and Federal employees is that they get paid to do it. We just pay taxes and receive no pay.

What is your point? Do you have one?

I am sure you benefit from those taxes you pay every day. Right now bc of the government shutdown your family’s food is not being inspected. So enjoy your breakfast!

What is your point? Do you have one?

I am sure you benefit from those taxes you pay every day. Right now bc of the government shutdown your family’s food is not being inspected. So enjoy your breakfast!

Are you serious? Do you not realize the government takes in far more tax money to run an inefficient, out of control, bureaucratic monster than required to provide even a minimal return on our tax contributions? And don't even get me started on the inequity of at least one half of all residents (including illegal immigrants) that pay no taxes at all. So thank you very much for my expensive flippin breakfast that I just paid way to much to even digest! That and the fact that flaming liberals like you give me heartburn!

Are you serious? Do you not realize the government takes in far more tax money to run an inefficient, out of control, bureaucratic monster than required to provide even a minimal return on our tax contributions? And don't even get me started on the inequity of at least one half of all residents (including illegal immigrants) that pay no taxes at all. So thank you very much for my expensive flippin breakfast that I just paid way to much to even digest! That and the fact that flaming liberals like you give me heartburn!

Don't worry, Trump made an exception for the most important operations to keep running during the shutdown. The clock tower in his DC hotel and the office that approves oil company drilling on federal lands have remained open. You can't have Trump's family or his big energy donors losing money during a shutdown. Only families that live paycheck to paycheck should suffer.

Don't worry, Trump made an exception for the most important operations to keep running during the shutdown. The clock tower in his DC hotel and the office that approves oil company drilling on federal lands have remained open. You can't have Trump's family or his big energy donors losing money during a shutdown. Only families that live paycheck to paycheck should suffer.
So what you’re basically saying is that he is behaving like a regular politician in this case. Don’t worry too much for those poor fed workers. They will get their regular pay plus all back pay owed very soon and The Donald knows ithis to be true.

So what you’re basically saying is that he is behaving like a regular politician in this case. Don’t worry too much for those poor fed workers. They will get their regular pay plus all back pay owed very soon and The Donald knows ithis to be true.

Coast guard bit getting paid now. Bunch of worthless losers! Am I doing it right?

ADVERTISEMENT