ADVERTISEMENT

Aparently, you can play

How long before the human population starts decreasing exponentially instead of increasing?

Would solve a lot of our problems.

No matter where your beliefs lie...this is likely the logical outworking.

It's similar to movements that influence and enforce celibacy, after 50 years, they dwindle bc they aren't reproducing.

If you read even through Christian Church history there have been countless "celibacy" movements that just kind of trickled away...some folks wonder why...not hard to see IMO.

Why dioes our University and Athletic Department feel this video is necessary. Culturally it is divisive and the premise is untrue. It undermines truths I have been taught by my parents, my church and my university, Clemson University. I have spent my life loving and ministering to people around the world. I do not need a video or lecture from an AD who has spent his life getting rich from my donations. Is it time to rethink the purpose of Clemson University and our beloved Tigers? I think Radacovich owes us an explanaton for making athletics a political ideology that many of us totally reject.

Sounds like you did a great job ministering.

Yes. As population approaches unsustainable levels, the human race needs a method of population control. So Our Lord and Savior is looking out for us by sending people who will not reproduce for us so that way we don’t have to make any immoral and sinful decisions. Even better, these people who won’t reproduce can make a huge difference in the challenge of rising numbers of children up for adoption that haven’t yet found a home. God works in mysterious ways, but this one is crystal clear IMO.

I have plenty of an idea, see above response
Again, just stop posting because you have NO IDEA OR CLUE about the Bible...

IMO, as you stated is not factual... your opinion does not hold water to facts..

Sometimes I think you just post the most stupid, outrageous stuff for the look at me.. shock value!

If you had ever read in the bible any verses that support your opinion Id like for you to post them

Let me make sure I’m right.. gays are bad because the Bible says so???

Maybe a baby boomer can help explain.

Nope. Questioning why Christians pick and choose the parts of the Bible they agree with. Last time I checked the Bible is pro slavery and anti gay.

Bible is not pro slavery.. you are reading what you want to which is fine. Not gonna have a theological discussion with you on a message board.

Reactions: CLT-Tiger
Bible is not pro slavery.. you are reading what you want to which is fine. Not gonna have a theological discussion with you on a message board.

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.

I can keep posting them if you like.

If the Bible is the word of god he did a horrible job predicting human rights. According to the Bible if I had slaves I would not be doing anything wrong. Now if the slaves didn’t obey, that would be the issue.

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.

If the Bible is the word of god he did a horrible job predicting human rights. According to the Bible if I had slaves I would not be doing anything wrong. Now if the slaves didn’t obey, that would be the issue.
You have no idea what that passage means, you have no desire to try to understand it, you have no willingness to be taught about it. Keep walking around in ignorance.

Reactions: scartiger

You have to read the bible w/ the understanding of the times. The above mentioned quote would be unpacked as more of a manager to employee type of relationship.

You have to read the bible w/ the understanding of the times. The above mentioned quote would be unpacked as more of a manager to employee type of relationship.

Read it with the understanding of the times so this stuff they don’t really mean but the gay stuff, woooo boy they meant that for eternity.

Reactions: CUAngler
Nothing he said was wrong. People disagree with your political ideology.
So you think he’s right because you agree with his political ideology. I think he’s wrong because I don’t agree with it. Shocker bro.

The understanding of times... exactly. Why hasn’t people ignored the gay hate in the Bible?

This also doesn’t explain why if it’s a sin or not to have slaves in today’s world. I didn’t see where god issued a rewrite. From my understanding people can’t really explain it so they just say, “you have to understand the times.”

Wouldn’t Mosses be breaking the Bibles rules when he helped free the slaves? That’s not obeying the master. Based on that time, not now. Slaves weren’t a bad thing during that time.....

Most of you have never read, studied, believed or obeyed the Bible. You are free to live that way, because God loved you enough to create you in His image. You have a soul that is eternal. Where you spend eternity will be determined by what you believe about His Son, Jesus, the Savior of the world. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and life. No one comes to the Fsther exccept through Him." This ends the discussion for me. Please respect my right to believe. He changed my life completely. Thanks.

Why dioes our University and Athletic Department feel this video is necessary. Culturally it is divisive and the premise is untrue. It undermines truths I have been taught by my parents, my church and my university, Clemson University. I have spent my life loving and ministering to people around the world. I do not need a video or lecture from an AD who has spent his life getting rich from my donations. Is it time to rethink the purpose of Clemson University and our beloved Tigers? I think Radacovich owes us an explanaton for making athletics a political ideology that many of us totally reject.
Divisive to include people? Can you show me the Bible verses where Jesus said something about excluding people because they are different or have different beliefs from you? I don’t know any trans people that are out there recruiting. They’re just trying to live in a body they’re comfortable in. It’s a problem you haven’t had in life so you don’t understand. Just let it go. It has nothing to do with you and it’s not for you.

Reactions: iceheart08
The understanding of times... exactly. Why hasn’t people ignored the gay hate in the Bible?

This also doesn’t explain why if it’s a sin or not to have slaves in today’s world. I didn’t see where god issued a rewrite. From my understanding people can’t really explain it so they just say, “you have to understand the times.”

Wouldn’t Mosses be breaking the Bibles rules when he helped free the slaves? That’s not obeying the master. Based on that time, not now. Slaves weren’t a bad thing during that time.....
Has nothing to do with the rightness or wrongness of the times. Are you willing to listen?

1) Peter wrote that (and Paul wrote he wrote) in the times in which he lived. He could not have imagined a time in the future just as you or i can't. The reality of his audience was slavery was practiced universally and it was accepted.

2) Peter (and Paul for that matter) were NOT trying to grow the faith by fighting against the cultural norms of the day. The future of the fledgling faith (Christianity) was dependent upon people turning their lives to God, not in fighting against the Roman government where slavery was concerned.

3) If Peter or any other Christ follower at the time had chosen to fight the Roman government over slavery, their faith and the future of the church would have felt the full wrath of the Romans and destroyed. It would not have been smart to challenge the "institution" of slavery AT THAT TIME.

4) Peter and Paul believed that Jesus was coming back soon and everyone should stay in the "condition or state" that they were in rather than fight against the culturally accepted norms during the times they were living. Again, they were more concerned AT THE TIME with people turning their lives over to Christ than fighting for women's rights, or against slavery.

Divisive to include people? Can you show me the Bible verses where Jesus said something about excluding people because they are different or have different beliefs from you? I don’t know any trans people that are out there recruiting. They’re just trying to live in a body they’re comfortable in. It’s a problem you haven’t had in life so you don’t understand. Just let it go. It has nothing to do with you and it’s not for you.
You know, i don't really care how people want to live, just quit telling me how i am supposed to feel about it. Quit telling me to accept it and move on. Quit telling me what pronouns to use and what words i need use. I will feel the way i feel about it and i will let them feel the way they want to feel about it without having to be told by society, the government or any person how i SHOULD feel about it.

I feel abortion is murder. Many people and the government don't feel that way. Ok, they won, i lost. That doesn't change the way i feel about abortion. I doubt i can change the way you feel about it too.

Has nothing to do with the rightness or wrongness of the times. Are you willing to listen?

1) Peter wrote that (and Paul wrote he wrote) in the times in which he lived. He could not have imagined a time in the future just as you or i can't. The reality of his audience was slavery was practiced universally and it was accepted.

2) Peter (and Paul for that matter) were NOT trying to grow the faith by fighting against the cultural norms of the day. The future of the fledgling faith (Christianity) was dependent upon people turning their lives to God, not in fighting against the Roman government where slavery was concerned.

3) If Peter or any other Christ follower at the time had chosen to fight the Roman government over slavery, their faith and the future of the church would have felt the full wrath of the Romans and destroyed. It would not have been smart to challenge the "institution" of slavery AT THAT TIME.

4) Peter and Paul believed that Jesus was coming back soon and everyone should stay in the "condition or state" that they were in rather than fight against the culturally accepted norms during the times they were living. Again, they were more concerned AT THE TIME with people turning their lives over to Christ than fighting for women's rights, or against slavery.
I’m okay with that view, as long as people accept that the anti gay stuff is all stupid in 2017.

post them all you want.. the mention of slaves does not mean the bible is "pro-slavery". like I said I'm not getting into a deep argument over the internet with trolls and atheists

You are not giving your god very much credit. Your god has already taken care of your concerns when your god gave us abortion on demand.
He tried sending us that but some of his people didn’t like it so it hasn’t been as effective as he planned for it to be. Hence homosexuals have been sent from the heavens

You are another one that has no clue... you should stop posting also

I’m okay with that view, as long as people accept that the anti gay stuff is all stupid in 2017.

no man.. its a sin according to the Bible. I won't bend my beliefs to societies desires no matter the year. And btw that in no way means I hate gay people or any such thing.. It means I believe the Bible and won't be bullied in to changing my views by societal pressure.

Reactions: yuthgi

He tried sending us that but some of his people didn’t like it so it hasn’t been as effective as he planned for it to be. Hence homosexuals have been sent from the heavens
good grief..... God was not effective.... that right there tells any person all they need to know about your theologicial experience...you need to go read Proverbs 26 verses 4-14

And anyone that uses a lowercase g in the spelling of God really shouldnt be able to even have a theologicial discussion about God

no man.. its a sin according to the Bible. I won't bend my beliefs to societies desires no matter the year. And btw that in no way means I hate gay people or any such thing.. It means I believe the Bible and won't be bullied in to changing my views by societal pressure.
C-teamHof, you should read Proverbs 26:4-14 as well..it would help you with understanding the two local idiots on this board

So you’re pro slavery? Just making sure you’re consistent with the Bible.

Let me make sure I’m right.. gays are bad because the Bible says so???

Maybe a baby boomer can help explain.

If you take religion out of it (which is easy to do), then there are 2 logical conclusions:

all sexual species on earth reproduce to sustain population.

Its not natural nor is it logical.

I also agree with it being a mental disorder, which the medical handbook agrees with...

If you take religion out of it (which is easy to do), then there are 2 logical conclusions:

I also agree with it being a mental disorder, which the medical handbook agrees with...

This is a main reason why homosexuality makes no sense and why its Biblical relevance applies to all times. Homosexuality in nature is not natural, it does not ensure the future of the species, it is a bastardization of the way "nature" was intended.

I’ll entertain the idea of mental disorder. This doesn’t make it wrong though. That would be the same as saying Down syndrome people are wrong.

Biblically everything is made for a reason. This means these people were made with a mental disorder. Doesn’t seem right for people to hate on them.

The other issue I have is the natural part. There are numerous species that have homosexual behavior. I understand they are animals and not human, but this goes against the need to reproduce argument.

I’ll entertain the idea of mental disorder. This doesn’t make it wrong though. That would be the same as saying Down syndrome people are wrong.

Biblically everything is made for a reason. This means these people were made with a mental disorder. Doesn’t seem right for people to hate on them.

The other issue I have is the natural part. There are numerous species that have homosexual behavior. I understand they are animals and not human, but this goes against the need to reproduce argument.
I'm not sure what that means, but i am guessing it is the same way of saying, "God made me this way."

God did indeed create, but he created everything with freedom. Mankind has the freedom to choose God or not choose God, he won't force Himself on us. After all, what kind of creative God would He be if He forced us to love Him? There is no creativity in that.

Just as mankind has the freedom to choose, cells, weather, chromosomes, all have the freedom to "choose." They run amok, good cells turn harmful when they grow out of control (cancer). A hot day turns dangerous when a cold front merges with it to create a tornado causing destruction. Chromosomes experience flaws that render people gender non specific, cause mental disorders or birth defects. It happens. God didn't cause it to happen anymore than he sent a tornado to hit an elementray school.

Homosexuality is not because God "made" someone that way. Its because of a natural set of circumstances that went wrong somewhere along the way. Its because what was meant for good, was transformed into something unnatural, dangerous or sinful.

I'm not sure what that means, but i am guessing it is the same way of saying, "God made me this way."

God did indeed create, but he created everything with freedom. Mankind has the freedom to choose God or not choose God, he won't force Himself on us. After all, what kind of creative God would He be if He forced us to love Him? There is no creativity in that.

Just as mankind has the freedom to choose, cells, weather, chromosomes, all have the freedom to "choose." They run amok, good cells turn harmful when they grow out of control (cancer). A hot day turns dangerous when a cold front merges with it to create a tornado causing destruction. Chromosomes experience flaws that render people gender non specific, cause mental disorders or birth defects. It happens. God didn't cause it to happen anymore than he sent a tornado to hit an elementray school.

Homosexuality is not because God "made" someone that way. Its because of a natural set of circumstances that went wrong somewhere along the way. Its because what was meant for good, was transformed into something unnatural, dangerous or sinful.
You’re ignorance is shocking. I truly have trouble understanding how an adult can be so stupid.

You’re ignorance is shocking. I truly have trouble understanding how an adult can be so stupid.
Thanks! I appreciate your kind words. And to think i thought we had graduated to civil conversation after the last couple of posts. Apparently you can't handle someone who thinks differently than you. My theology got to be more than you could handle... I forgive you.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited:
the Bible is not pro slavery.. dumbass..

• “The Lord said to Moses and Aaron, "These are the regulations for the Passover: No foreigner is to eat of it. Any slave you have bought may eat of it after you have circumcised him, but a temporary resident and a hired worker may not eat of it.”

• “Now these are the ordinances which you shall set before them. When you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve six years, and in the seventh he shall go out free, for nothing. If he comes in single, he shall go out single; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him. If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master's and he shall go out alone. But if the slave plainly says, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free,' then his master shall bring him to God, and he shall bring him to the door or the doorpost; and his master shall bore his ear through with an awl; and he shall serve him for life.”

• “If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.”
Leviticus Chapter 25, verse 44:

• Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.
My bad, I was using the Bible as a source dumbass.

Dude. They literally say that in the video... that athletes should be judged on work ethic and athletic ability and not on sexual orientation/gender identity. It’s at the 52 second mark.

They’re saying that all of these things matter within a mindset of inclusion and acceptance... that as an athlete at clemson you will be accepted for who you are...

Glad this video was made.
Yes, athletes should be judged based on work ethic and athletic ability not on sexual orientation. I agree that's what they are saying. However, I disagree that this matters within a mindset of inclusion and acceptance.

You said:
"They’re saying that all of these things matter within a mindset of inclusion and acceptance... that as an athlete at clemson you will be accepted for who you are..."

If you will be accepted for who you are and included, then your sexual orientation doesn't matter. It has no bearing on your acceptance.

They only way I see this making sense is by saying something doesn't matter it might give the impression that it's not ok to talk about. By saying it does matter, I guess they are saying to you can be open about your differences and you will still be accepted. "Don't ask don't tell" vs just being open. However, when watching the video it just struck me as a contradiction.

the Bible is not pro slavery.. dumbass..
I’m not saying Christians are pro slavery. I’m saying most Christians understand that part of the Bible is wrong. You can blame It on the time, but doesn’t change the holy word was okay with slavery... almost like man wrote it without god....

It’s funny how Christians don’t ignore the anti gay stuff. Ever thought it might of been the time??

ADVERTISEMENT