ADVERTISEMENT

Aparently, you can play

I’m not saying Christians are pro slavery. I’m saying most Christians understand that part of the Bible is wrong. You can blame It on the time, but doesn’t change the holy word was okay with slavery... almost like man wrote it without god....

It’s funny how Christians don’t ignore the anti gay stuff. Ever thought it might of been the time??
No part of the Bible is wrong... your interpretation of the Bible is wrong!

• “The Lord said to Moses and Aaron, "These are the regulations for the Passover: No foreigner is to eat of it. Any slave you have bought may eat of it after you have circumcised him, but a temporary resident and a hired worker may not eat of it.”

• “Now these are the ordinances which you shall set before them. When you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve six years, and in the seventh he shall go out free, for nothing. If he comes in single, he shall go out single; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him. If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master's and he shall go out alone. But if the slave plainly says, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free,' then his master shall bring him to God, and he shall bring him to the door or the doorpost; and his master shall bore his ear through with an awl; and he shall serve him for life.”

• “If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.”
Leviticus Chapter 25, verse 44:

• Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.
My bad, I was using the Bible as a source dumbass.

The Bible is a historical document 1st and foremost. Just because the happenings of that time period are recorded, doesn't make it a political statement on slavery.

You want a political statement from the Bible that can be applied today? Then just read the Ten Commandments...

Reactions: scartiger
The Bible is a historical document 1st and foremost. Just because the happenings of that time period are recorded, doesn't make it a political statement on slavery.

You want a political statement from the Bible that can be applied today? Then just read the Ten Commandments...
So “lord” was okay with slaves back then because of the time?

You can’t justify it. No one can. If you can justify it being based on the times you can also argue the same thing with anti gay views. Either both are right or both are wrong.

Based on the Bible I’d tend to argue the Christian thing would be to be pro slave and anti gay.

You can’t justify it. No one can. If you can justify it being based on the times you can also argue the same thing with anti gay views. Either both are right or both are wrong.

Based on the Bible I’d tend to argue the Christian thing would be to be pro slave and anti gay.
God is perfect in every way. He doesnt make mistakes... he has and always will be batting 1000%. Never a strike out, never a mistake. Just because you are not capable of understanding the Bible as it is written, in its perfect form, doesnt mean the Bible is an incorrect Bible!
You are flawed in your humanly way of thinking and or processing of the material.
Trying to justify your position based on a theory that God is wrong or God made a mistake is simply human error on your part.

God is perfect in every way. He doesnt make mistakes... he has and always will be batting 1000%. Never a strike out, never a mistake. Just because you are not capable of understanding the Bible as it is written, in its perfect form, doesnt mean the Bible is an incorrect Bible!
You are flawed in your humanly way of thinking and or processing of the material.
Trying to justify your position based on a theory that God is wrong or God made a mistake is simply human error on your part.
Nope. The slavery comments in the Bible aren’t the reason I questioned Christianity.

It’s the non believers that go to hell. There are millions of people that have never had the opportunity to learn about Christianity. This means they are all in hell. Japan cut itself off from the world for 220 Years. Nearly everyone in that period are now in hell because they didn’t believe in Jesus. Even though the large majority of their people never once had an opportunity to learn about Christ. Many of these people could be great humans, but they weren’t born lucky.

And before you hate on me some more, understand that the majority of the world isn’t Christians. So like the majority I’m flawed. It’s only the Bible Belt of the US that knows the truth.

Nope. The slavery comments in the Bible aren’t the reason I questioned Christianity.

It’s the non believers that go to hell. There are millions of people that have never had the opportunity to learn about Christianity. This means they are all in hell. Japan cut itself off from the world for 220 Years. Nearly everyone in that period are now in hell because they didn’t believe in Jesus. Even though the large majority of their people never once had an opportunity to learn about Christ. Many of these people could be great humans, but they weren’t born lucky.

And before you hate on me some more, understand that the majority of the world isn’t Christians. So like the majority I’m flawed. It’s only the Bible Belt of the US that knows the truth.
Again you are wrong... they had the opportunity... you need to read the first Chapter of Romans.... more specifically chapter 1 verses18-32

Look - there were slaves back then. Just because it is recorded in the Bible does NOT mean God agreed with it. There are plenty of mistakes made by men recorded throughout the Bible. Does this mean God is ok with those actions as well?

Lol. Everyone in Japan was able to be to have a chance to be ministered to... seems reasonable.
All you have to do is read what Ive informed you to read. I cant make you or any other person read it... but its there for everyone to see....

You dont even have to have a Bible... God lays it out for you

Look - there were slaves back then. Just because it is recorded in the Bible does NOT mean God agreed with it. There are plenty of mistakes made by men recorded throughout the Bible. Does this mean God is ok with those actions as well?
But god laid down rules about slavery..

But after reading this if you have questions on it Or would like to discuss this in more detail one on one Id be happy to speak with you. Not in a public forum. Might even be willing to exchange numbers to talk

Dude. They literally say that in the video... that athletes should be judged on work ethic and athletic ability and not on sexual orientation/gender identity. It’s at the 52 second mark.

They’re saying that all of these things matter within a mindset of inclusion and acceptance... that as an athlete at clemson you will be accepted for who you are...

Glad this video was made.

Then why even have varsity sports for males and varsity sports for females?

Let everybody, males and females, compete to be on the "one single" varsity basketball program. Gender be damned. If no woman makes the team, then so be it.

Is that what they mean by not being judged on gender identity. I mean, you can't have it both ways, right?

Either we have women's teams for women, or we do away with gender identification and have a "single" varsity team where both men and women try out and the best players make the team.

Otherwise, it seems very hypocritical to say we don't wish to be judged by our gender, only by our "work ethic and athletic ability."

Then why even have varsity sports for males and varsity sports for females?

Let everybody, males and females, compete to be on the "one single" varsity basketball program. Gender be damned. If no woman makes the team, then so be it.

Is that what they mean by not being judged on gender identity. I mean, you can't have it both ways, right?

Either we have women's teams for women, or we do away with gender identification and have a "single" varsity team where both men and women try out and the best players make the team.

Otherwise, it seems very hypocritical to say we don't wish to be judged by our gender, only by our "work ethic and athletic ability."

"Judged" on the basis of gender is VERY distinct from differentiating from gender.

Like, oh hey, the women's basketball team won, but it's just the women's team.

Or, in the case of a gay football player, being known as or derided as "the gay player" instead of recognized for accomplishments on the field.

The thing is, though, that the other extreme is also not ideal; no one is wanting "blindness" to these differences.

Someone who is gay shouldn't be told, "I'm blind to your sexual orientation," and someone who's black shouldn't be told "I don't see your blackness." Both of these diminish various aspects of one's identity. It would be ideal to see diversity as adding value rather than being overlooked.

So, back to the video. It's basically saying, "hey, you can be seen as an athlete" and "you can be valued for your difference." They're showing how the two can exist simultaneously.

You know, i don't really care how people want to live, just quit telling me how i am supposed to feel about it. Quit telling me to accept it and move on. Quit telling me what pronouns to use and what words i need use. I will feel the way i feel about it and i will let them feel the way they want to feel about it without having to be told by society, the government or any person how i SHOULD feel about it.

I feel abortion is murder. Many people and the government don't feel that way. Ok, they won, i lost. That doesn't change the way i feel about abortion. I doubt i can change the way you feel about it too.

you think and believe whatever you want in your home. be bigoted, racist, sexist, or whatever else you please in your home. but if i prefer you call me she that's my choice. just like you would prefer a certain pronoun i bet if i called you the other you wouldn't be happy about it. i'm perfectly fine with whatever you do in your home, but when you're in public how about trying to be a decent human being and treating someone they way they want to be treated.

Reactions: iceheart08
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT