ADVERTISEMENT

As we rigorously celebrate Women's History Month (and Black History last month) I'd like to ask a question...

SaltyMeatBallsOO

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2017
Last month African Americans rightfully celebrated Black History Month where they amongst other things recognized Black leaders, inventors, and Black heritage. This month Women will do the same thing. I'm glad both groups do this as there's tons to celebrate for both groups! My question is this...

Can I as a white father of an 8 year old boy, ever call his attention to white only male leaders, inventors and heritage? I too am proud of things people like me and him have done over the course of history. Is it ever ok to teach him that while excluding other groups?

Thanks for the feedback!

Last month African Americans rightfully celebrated Black History Month where they amongst other things recognized Black leaders, inventors, and Black heritage. This month Women will do the same thing. I'm glad both groups do this as there's tons to celebrate for both groups! My question is this...

Can I as a white father of an 8 year old boy, ever call his attention to white only male leaders, inventors and heritage? I too am proud of things people like me and him have done over the course of history. Is it ever ok to teach him that while excluding other groups?

Thanks for the feedback!
Exactly, great question. The answer is obviously yes.

Reactions: VTiger15
The fact that you ask this question only shows your white priviledge.

giphy.gif

Thanks for the feedback!
I know you are being sarcastic but history classes throughout grade school will do plenty of that for your son.

Hopefully as he grows, he'll be more comfortable in his own self than his father seems to be.

Black people used to be actual property in this country.

Women weren't allowed to vote until like 100 years ago.

Us white dudes have had it pretty good in America since 1776. So yeah, I'm cool with them getting a dedicated month without needing a white guy history month so as not to feel excluded.

Black people used to be actual property in this country.

Women weren't allowed to vote until like 100 years ago.

Us white dudes have had it pretty good in America since 1776. So yeah, I'm cool with them getting a dedicated month without needing a white guy history month so as not to feel excluded.

Glad you agree! I'm good with them getting a month too and I don't think white males need a month. Cheers!

Thanks for the feedback!

With Leftys in power now I am eagerly awaiting: Transgender Month, LQBT or however many letters there are Month, Illegal Aliens Month, Abortion Clinic Month (AKA Killing Humans Month), Student Debt Elimination Month (AKA You Don't HAve to Repay What You Agreed to Repay Month), Lootinf and Rioting Destroy Inner Cities Month.

Man....so many people to please and so few months!

Celebrate slaughtering Native Americans and enslaving Africans.

You can put it that way, but the entire history of the world is about conflict and winners and losers. No ethnicity is free from sin under your definition. The current United States of America is the greatest attempt in the history of the world at creating a fair multi ethnic environment to live in and thats been approved and enabled by whites that created this current nation for all intents and purposes when they came, conquered, persevered and made it happen. I honestly do not get it with you libs and your white guilt mantra.

Celebrate slaughtering Native Americans and enslaving Africans.
What about the native Americans that sold their brothers into slavery? That still get drunk and beat their wives over 100 years later?! Are the Mayans complaining in Mexico or the Aztecs in Peru?

This is senseless like talking about inner city schools. Everyone has a choice in this country to do better for themselves if they want to. What they don’t need is people like you making more excuses for them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT