ADVERTISEMENT

Balloons China Style

Evidently you must be a Lib but they should not be any Foreign aircraft of any kind in our airspace. You can talk and respond until the end of time and you're not changing my mind. You don't know what it's capable of doing.

Because I pointed out that it’s a balloon? I mean I suppose I would be slightly more alarmed if it were a blimp. LMAO.
Yeah, because nothing that low tech could ever be deadly right?

I have seen $200 quad copters destroy armored vehicles with just a little innovation.

Yeah, because nothing that low tech could ever be deadly right?

I have seen $200 quad copters destroy armored vehicles with just a little innovation.
Low tech? We still talking about the “spy” balloon right?

It’s right after that on the right coming from the post office. There house is behind the line of trees in a row
I gotcha. I don’t know they but I know the house your talking about. Our place dead ends Fenway circle. We got 7 acres back there

Reactions: cu22.
"We don't want to shoot this down over anything important"

"Sir, it's over South Carolina now"

"Green Light. "

• Haha
Reactions: CouldBeDabo
Now we need to send a Carrier Strike Group to circle the Spratly Islands for the next six months.

The administration should also openly sell new weapon systems to Taiwan to piss Xi off.
1) Just acquired agreements with the Philippines for unsinkable aircraft carriers in South China Sea

2) Been doing that.

Reactions: fcctiger12
0.0% chance that thing was undetected. 100% chance we knew when that sucker was launched, the name of all the crew that launched it, and what they all had for breakfast.

Now … when did the military/NORAD inform the Brandon administration???? That is up for debate.

We aren’t shooting it down because we want the payload and we will get it
So many questions here but overall this is an extremely aggressive act by the Chinese and very concerning for what they have planned. It was a test, that much we know.

I find it very hard to believe the logic of not shooting it down over Alaska or Montana for fear of injuring civilians/property. Both of those states are so unpopulated, that just doesn't seem logical.

Not to mention could we not have simply hit it with guns instead of missile and float it down a little more gently if we were trying to recover payload? A missle after it crossed thr entire continental US seems more like a political oh crap, we better do something to cover your ass to me and almost meaningless if you wanted to protect intelligence.

Yes guys. You all probably found out about this at the same time our government did. And our government is also probably just letting it stay up there to ensure China gets as much Intel as possible. That is 100% what is happening here.
You have way too much faith in our "leadership", both military and political "leadership".

I also believe this balloon is one of the reasons one of our USAF Generals stated early this past week that we will be at war with China by 2025. Terrifying thought.

Please @iceheart08 with all your immense knowledge, please tell us what is happening here. I'm sure it is basically nothing to see here. It happened during the last administration, right?
Everyone itt is just being stupid, childish, overblowing it.
Sounds familiar!

Now the Chinese are threatening they will take further action for us shooting this down in our own airspace. Sounds like they want a fight to me. Continue poking the bear.

Please @iceheart08 with all your immense knowledge, please tell us what is happening here. I'm sure it is basically nothing to see here. It happened during the last administration, right?
Everyone itt is just being stupid, childish, overblowing it.
Sounds familiar!
It actually did

It actually did

Got that! They should've been dealt with as well.
To our knowledge nothing of this payload has happened before. There should never be something of this kind flying into our air space, period!

Just so we are clear here, "whataboutism" only comes from the right, correct?

Got that! They should've been dealt with as well.
To our knowledge nothing of this payload has happened before. There should never be something of this kind flying into our air space, period!

Just so we are clear here, "whataboutism" only comes from the right, correct?
No, but you screaming clutch of Karens should win the Nobel Screech Prize for your unrelenting attempts to blame Biden for all the problems in your life.

Got toenail fungus? - Biden's fault!
Shit your pants? - Biden's fault!

Maybe you should quit crapping on your own country for once and consider that they may have made the best decisions possible here. The military had good reasons for making the decisions they made and you have no idea what they knew or actually did to suppress this threat and keep our population safe at the same time. Your ignorant self righteousness doesn't make you smarter than the military brass that had to make the hard decisions.

No, but you screaming clutch of Karens should win the Nobel Screech Prize for your unrelenting attempts to blame Biden for all the problems in your life.

Got toenail fungus? - Biden's fault!
Shit your pants? - Biden's fault!

Maybe you should quit crapping on your own country for once and consider that they may have made the best decisions possible here. The military had good reasons for making the decisions they made and you have no idea what they knew or actually did to suppress this threat and keep our population safe at the same time. Your ignorant self righteousness doesn't make you smarter than the military brass that had to make the hard decisions.

Hmmm. okay.
1.) It was 18.5 miles up, almost in space. (Thats approx. 98,000 feet) FALSE *
2.) it sends data link to PRC. We can intercept that & learn what China knows. We can jam it so they see nothing new.
(Awesome! We can intercept what China is learning about us. BUT, we can jam it so they
don't see anything new. Which is it?) That makes completely NO SENSE
3.) The collection system is ours & can reconstruct it. They lose asset & we win spy game. (Collection system shot down on Saturday around 2:40 p.m. ET, six nautical miles, in the nice salty waters, off the SC coast. Multiple Navy and CG ships will be there in a couple days to recover.) That should go well

*Funny how we have all these cell phone photos of this spy balloon. Typically, you can only see an object of that size at about 7,500 to maybe 10,000 feet.

Hurry up...go to find you some MSM articles so you can post your reply...

Last edited:
Hmmm. okay.
1.) It was 18.5 miles up, almost in space. (Thats approx. 98,000 feet) FALSE *
2.) it sends data link to PRC. We can intercept that & learn what China knows. We can jam it so they see nothing new.
(Awesome! We can intercept what China is learning about us. BUT, we can jam it so they
don't see anything new. Which is it?) That makes completely NO SENSE
3.) The collection system is ours & can reconstruct it. They lose asset & we win spy game. (Collection system shot down on Saturday around 2:40 p.m. ET, six nautical miles, in the nice salty waters, off the SC coast. Multiple Navy and CG ships will be there in a couple days to recover.) That should go well

*Funny how we have all these cell phone photos of this spy balloon. Typically, you can only see an object of that size at about 7,500 to maybe 10,000 feet.

Hurry up...go to find you some MSM articles so you can post your reply...
I keep forgetting that you know more than an ex-Navy officer who spent 36 years in counter-intelligence and the highest ranking officials at the DOD. It won't take you five seconds to learn that it was mostly flying at 66,000 ft and there were reports of it going even higher.

But you're probably right about everything so I'll start listening to your assesments of what we should have done.

I keep forgetting that you know more than an ex-Navy officer who spent 36 years in counter-intelligence and the highest ranking officials at the DOD. It won't take you five seconds to learn that it was mostly flying at 66,000 ft and there were reports of it going even higher.

But you're probably right about everything so I'll start listening to your assesments of what we should have done.
Just pointing out, it didn't make any sense. If it was flying at 66k feet. We couldn't have seen it with our eyes. Not saying it wasn't ever at 60k+ feet, but it wasn't there a lot of the time it was over US mainland.

Not doubting, JMO. I'm hopeful they can get anything and everything off the system if they recover and it makes it a brilliant idea.
You spewing nonsense about me crapping on our country just shows me and everyone else how stupid you all sound. I don't think anyone wants bad things for the USA. Sometimes it doesn't sound that way, but we all have opinions and what we think is best, but I haven't once thought anyone on this board just hates and craps on the US!

So many questions here but overall this is an extremely aggressive act by the Chinese and very concerning for what they have planned. It was a test, that much we know.

I find it very hard to believe the logic of not shooting it down over Alaska or Montana for fear of injuring civilians/property. Both of those states are so unpopulated, that just doesn't seem logical.

Not to mention could we not have simply hit it with guns instead of missile and float it down a little more gently if we were trying to recover payload? A missle after it crossed thr entire continental US seems more like a political oh crap, we better do something to cover your ass to me and almost meaningless if you wanted to protect intelligence.
I suspect the reasoning was three fold. Let’s first agree that this wasnt undetected till Wednesday. That is ridiculous …

… moving on … 1) the Chinese wanted to know just how advanced our technology and intel pip line was (a. What kind of launch intel/tech do we have of on ground operations b. What kind airspace intrusion tech do we have and at what range 2) Bonus* high def photography of US operations locations 3) Bonus* Embarrass Joe Biden

* our enemies love love love embarrassing weak US Presidents. See Iran and Carter

Last edited:
Reactions: chipp1027
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT