ADVERTISEMENT

Barack Obama at NBA game tonight

Doc Rivers calling him a “great man” being recognized by both teams and the fans. GOOD GRIEF! The man was a terrible President!
Except, similar to the current one, wasn’t as bad as the other party thought.

I’ll give you a 9/10 and will see this on the round table in under hour.

Reactions: yoshi121374
He looks pretty refreshed and rejuvenated- Smoking mad chronic will help with that I guess! Good for him.

Doc Rivers calling him a “great man” being recognized by both teams and the fans. GOOD GRIEF! The man was a terrible President!
Just curious - not that I’m disagreeing with you, necessarily - but can you cite something he did that you thought was “terrible” and also explain why you think it was terrible?

I heard Obama was really in Canada to check out there healthcare system. And just happened upon the game.

OP couldn’t name 5 things Obama did poorly as a president. List goes like this:

1. He’s a democrat
2. He’s black

(In no particular order)
Agree.
Hard to do much of anything good or bad when the other party controls all or part Congress 6 of your 8 years. Other than CIC stuff, like having OBL killed.

Which part(s) of the Affordable Care Act do you have an issue with?
I like the concept. But the two things I dislike:
1. Letting offspring stay on parents plan until 26. Wussification. You are grown ass people. The old 23 was good.
2. Involving private insurance companies.

Personally as a start I would just give free primary care to all the poor. Just controlling HBP and DM would be huge. Bigger than huge. Add specialty care when we finally figure it all out.

1. Letting offspring stay on parents plan until 26. Wussification. You are grown ass people. The old 23 was good.

Personally as a start I would just give free primary care to all the poor. Just controlling HBP and DM would be huge. Bigger than huge. Add specialty care when we finally figure it all out.
That changed awhile ago; You can already stay on your parents insurance until 25. 26 isn’t some astronomical change.

I was glad for the change in age because my first job out of college did not offer health insurance until you’d been with them for 6 months and I needed to be insured in that time.

I’d agree not involving private insurance companies would have been better. I tend to think the only way to “fix” health insurance is just go all the way with a single payer or cut it out completely and let it all go private except for retirees. The mixing of public and private sectors doesn’t work well here.

I do find it interesting that you don’t want people who are in their 20s to be on their parent’s insurance because they’re grown ass people yet want to give free care to the poor.

I was glad for the change in age because my first job out of college did not offer health insurance until you’d been with them for 6 months and I needed to be insured in that time.

I’d agree not involving private insurance companies would have been better. I tend to think the only way to “fix” health insurance is just go all the way with a single payer or cut it out completely and let it all go private except for retirees. The mixing of public and private sectors doesn’t work well here.

I do find it interesting that you don’t want people who are in their 20s to be on their parent’s insurance because they’re grown ass people yet want to give free care to the poor.
Yeah. If they’re poor they get the free plan, not their parents’ plan. I expected that question and had given it some thought. I’m not afraid to be wrong and I consider the “26” thing a minor point that I can accept. The buggy is free for poor. Primary care. Obviously disability stays the same. Medicare.

You have to be racist. That or you cry every time a previous president attends a sporting event....

Fun fact: Trump has regulated guns more in his first term than Obama in 8 years lol.

ADVERTISEMENT