ADVERTISEMENT

***Bart Boatwright

im not judging anyone..im disagreeing with them...simple act of disagreement is not that big of a deal...i know you are closer to the situation than i am, but for those of us who arent close to the situation, a 40k money raise for a camera isn't going to move my sympathetic needle

You're disagreeing with some people who are raising money for a friend in need. This is bizarre.

I would be embarrassed as hell if I lost my job and my buddies set up a GoFundMe. See, I've saved some money along the way for emergencies so I don't need anyone's charity. If he's real good he'll be on his feet before long.
This 100% is what I’m saying as well

so it sounds like rather than seeking other opportunities where they provide the equipment, he is seeking to go it on his own. I agree with that decision in 2019, but if I were in that position, i would accept a low rate loan from friends and family that offered, but not charity..charity is for his light bill, not a 40k camera...i do wish him well though
Another point I made in a post as well. Certainly appears to be attempting to go out on his own if 40k is the goal

Reactions: Howard's Jock
so it sounds like rather than seeking other opportunities where they provide the equipment, he is seeking to go it on his own. I agree with that decision in 2019, but if I were in that position, i would accept a low rate loan from friends and family that offered, but not charity..charity is for his light bill, not a 40k camera...i do wish him well though

I agree with this and as much as @TigerBT is a little cawk, I agree about being embarrassed if my friends set up a go fund me page if I lost my job. It’s just another thing weak millenials created I’m sure. If you’re doing anything for 30 years you better have saved a big chunk for rainy days.

With that being said he obviously made a positive impact on his fellow journalists and hope he lands strongly on his feet.

why is that bizarre? they are asking for money in public with a stated goal of a 40k camera...if they wanted to keep it private, then they would have

If they had kept it private, who would donate? I don't know the man. I have seen his work for years and know he does great work. His friends have asked for help to give him this gift to help him - happens all the time, but I sure don't go off on someone for trying to help a friend in need. Had this not been made public on this forum, there are some of us on here who would not know the situation and not be able to help. Is this life or death? No, of course not. It is an act of kindness for someone in need.

Again, I say, do not give if this situation is not something you want to do - happens everyday. But spouting reasons why - and there are always reasons why - not to do this just seems belittling and an attempt to deride anyone who does. Why do you care what others do for their friends, or in my case, for someone I see as a nice thing to do?

I am done, sorry for the rant and the multiple posts. I know someone will have to have the last word and I will give it to you.

If they had kept it private, who would donate? I don't know the man. I have seen his work for years and know he does great work. His friends have asked for help to give him this gift to help him - happens all the time, but I sure don't go off on someone for trying to help a friend in need. Had this not been made public on this forum, there are some of us on here who would not know the situation and not be able to help. Is this life or death? No, of course not. It is an act of kindness for someone in need.

Again, I say, do not give if this situation is not something you want to do - happens everyday. But spouting reasons why - and there are always reasons why - not to do this just seems belittling and an attempt to deride anyone who does. Why do you care what others do for their friends, or in my case, for someone I see as a nice thing to do?

I am done, sorry for the rant and the multiple posts. I know someone will have to have the last word and I will give it to you.

Nobody is “going off”.

Amen. Below is the list of players I said would be good.

Xavier Thomas
Trevor Lawrence
Deshaun Watson
CJ Spiller

Ha...no mention of Dexter Lawrence, Christian Wilkins, Sammy Watkins, Justyn Ross, Tee Higgins, or Mitch Hyatt?

That right there is ground for dismissal IMHO.

If you decided this isn't for you don't be a douche... If you don't have anything positive to say just don't post.

I don't understand negative people at all. It almost seems personal.

Oh and Donated to a great guy i've got to know at events...
Thank you for stating what should’ve been said a page ago. Some of these blowhards just can’t resist the chance to flame.

Jeff Scott dropping $200 is a sign that there may be a larger sum coming from Dabs. I would love to see Dabo make an alpha move and drop a couple of K’s on it. Sign the donation with something like “TheThumb” or “SixIsComing”. Knowing Dabo though, it will be anonymous.

Assuming he stays in sports, how would he go about doing it on his own? Would he still be able to get credentialed for sporting events and then sell his photos to different media outlets?

i never said he did...i was more saying i would not accept a gofundme for a 40k camera ...im not judging him..if im judging anyone, im judging the creators of the fund..at any rate, as i said, well wishes his way

If the situation were right, I'm sure you'd accept the money. Come on dude. Maybe there is some extenuating circumstance that we don't know about that makes his financial situation even more precarious. If the situation were bad enough, I think you would accept the money....I think most people would.

Jeff Scott dropping $200 is a sign that there may be a larger sum coming from Dabs. I would love to see Dabo make an alpha move and drop a couple of K’s on it. Sign the donation with something like “TheThumb” or “SixIsComing”. Knowing Dabo though, it will be anonymous.

LOL what about Dabo makes you think his donation would be anonymous? If anything, what I know about Dabo leads me to believe his donation would be public. I'm not saying he's looking for praise or anything, but Dabo has always been one to embrace good press. I mean he just got done giving his Super Bowl tickets to a special needs man on the training staff and it was videotaped. I think if Dabo gives he'll just sign his name on it.

LOL what about Dabo makes you think his donation would be anonymous? If anything, what I know about Dabo leads me to believe his donation would be public. I'm not saying he's looking for praise or anything, but Dabo has always been one to embrace good press. I mean he just got done giving his Super Bowl tickets to a special needs man on the training staff and it was videotaped. I think if Dabo gives he'll just sign his name on it.
What are you implying? That he does good stuff for the good press.

You've been in the board long enough to have heard the numerous stories where he does good deeds that never make it to press

Reactions: SGTiger
Assuming he stays in sports, how would he go about doing it on his own? Would he still be able to get credentialed for sporting events and then sell his photos to different media outlets?
He would be credentialed. Clemson credentials anything with a pulse. But irrespective of that minor detail, yes, he would be credentialed if he were to go out on his own, as he should.

I suspect someone will hire him. He has a lot to offer and does outstanding work. It's just a matter of who has an opportunity.

He would be credentialed. Clemson credentials anything with a pulse. But irrespective of that minor detail, yes, he would be credentialed if he were to go out on his own, as he should.

I suspect someone will hire him. He has a lot to offer and does outstanding work. It's just a matter of who has an opportunity.
Would be be able to have the same income if he worked independently?

Bart didn't set up the GoFundMe. He isn't asking anyone for anything.

A group of his friends decided to raise some money to help him out during the lowest moment of his professional life.

That's absurd?

That's awesome to hear @Larry_Williams and definitely changes things. Good for him for having those kind of friends who want to do something for him in a time of need.

As mentioned, I didn't know the entire story or the genesis behind the GoFundMe so perhaps I shouldn't have commented, but I was worried this was him asking for a hand-out, which seems to be the majority of what GoFundMe has morphed into.

Fire the ASS!!

You're disagreeing with some people who are raising money for a friend in need. This is bizarre.

I can’t wait to be “let go” and ask for $40k (LOLOL) from complete strangers.

I do hope he achieves his self-purported goal though.

Best of luck to him but let’s not act like this is some sort of sacrifice for humanity.

I can’t wait to be “let go” and ask for $40k (LOLOL) from complete strangers.

I do hope he achieves his self-purported goal though.

Best of luck to him but let’s not act like this is some sort of sacrifice for humanity.

Once again, Bart is not asking for anything.

No one is asking you for anything.

That's awesome to hear @Larry_Williams and definitely changes things. Good for him for having those kind of friends who want to do something for him in a time of need.

As mentioned, I didn't know the entire story or the genesis behind the GoFundMe so perhaps I shouldn't have commented, but I was worried this was him asking for a hand-out, which seems to be the majority of what GoFundMe has morphed into.

No worries at all man.

This is 100 percent the idea of Marc Dopher. He thought raising money would be a good idea. I agree with him and think it’s been a success.

What say you @amynhop ?

Frankly, I'm surprised. That's not what I think GoFundMe is for. Have no problem helping anyone you choose to help but let his friends do it privately. Don't set up a public account asking strangers for money for a 40K camera. There are actually people in this country who have no money to eat or pay their power bill. Asking strangers for a contribution for an expensive camera seems embarrassing. If I were Bart.... I would ask for it to be taken down.

Reactions: AnotherTigerNatty
When did showing compassion become a bad thing? Just curious.

Agreed! If you don’t want to support the guy, don’t, but his friends are doing a kind thing helping him out at what seems to be a low point in his life. Also, those of you who say you would turn down the 40k that your friends raised for you in a time of need, riiiiiggghhht.

Reactions: Orange 77
When did showing compassion become a bad thing? Just curious.

Agreed! If you don’t want to support the guy, don’t, but his friends are doing a kind thing helping him out at what seems to be a low point in his life. Also, those of you who say you would turn down the 40k that your friends raised for you in a time of need, riiiiiggghhht.

Compassion is never a bad thing. World needs more of it. Let his good friends privately raise him the 40k if they choose. Don't involve strangers. Lots of people in dire need of my charity much more than Bart.

Reactions: Overwatch
Once again, Bart is not asking for anything.

No one is asking you for anything.

My bad.

I think he could put a stop to the gofundme if he wanted to, correct?

Regardless, while it’s not something I would do (or allowed to be done on my behalf), I do hope he’s successful in getting back on his feet.

Apologies if I’ve offended you with my comments. Certainly has not been my intent.

My bad.

I think he could put a stop to the gofundme if he wanted to, correct?

Regardless, while it’s not something I would do (or allowed to be done on my behalf), I do hope he’s successful in getting back on his feet.

Apologies if I’ve offended you with my comments. Certainly has not been my intent.

No offense taken at all man, and no apology necessary.

Reactions: Overwatch
I just think it’s embarassing. 40k could give a family a place to live or put food on their table.

Raising money so someone can buy a 40k camera because he got fired for claiming the work of others (something expressly forbidden in that line of work) seems frivolous to me.

Bart should donate any monies raised to charity.

Just saw where Bart joined the staff at TCI... Glad he got back on his feet but dang

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT