ADVERTISEMENT

Best Crabgrass Killer for Fescue

Don't put anything on fescue right now its too hot and it will fry your grass. You just have to live with it or do some spot treatments. I have some in mine and i try to just pull it up by hand but you really just got to wait until September

Reactions: onebadtiger29
Don't put anything on fescue right now its too hot and it will fry your grass. You just have to live with it or do some spot treatments. I have some in mine and i try to just pull it up by hand but you really just got to wait until September
How about with centipede? Every time I spray and kill the crabgrass it dies but new spots are back in 2-3 weeks

How about with centipede? Every time I spray and kill the crabgrass it dies but new spots are back in 2-3 weeks

I would probably check out the Clemson extension office on centepede. I would assume you could put out stuff on it right now since it is a warm season grass but probably would need to keep watered. Its all about the pre-emergent

I appreciate the warning. I want that crabgrass gone so bad I will risk it knowing that I can replant in September. Its only in one area of my yard with the rest of the yard being almost pure fescue. I don't want it to spread. I did pull some up but was told that it would just return as you can't get the entire root out.

I appreciate the warning. I want that crabgrass gone so bad I will risk it knowing that I can replant in September. Its only in one area of my yard with the rest of the yard being almost pure fescue. I don't want it to spread. I did pull some up but was told that it would just return as you can't get the entire root out.

I feel ya brother, i have a couple of patches but really the dollar weed has been my enemy this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT