ADVERTISEMENT

Biden Border Blowout: February Record Nearly 100,000 Illegals Detained Crossing from Mexico; CDC Waives COVID Rules Filling Child Migrant Shelters

TigerGrowls

Woodrush
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001

By Kristinn Taylor
Published March 5, 2021 at 3:43pm
363 Comments
Share(892)TweetShare to GabTelegramShareEmail
Nearly 100,000 migrants were caught and detained after illegally entering the U.S. from Mexico, Reuters reported Friday based on sources, marking the highest number caught in the month of February since 2006. Also Friday, CNN and Axios reported the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued a memo waiving COVID rules limiting capacity at child migrant shelters to deal with the massive flood of children entering the U.S. illegally. The Washington Examiner reported the Biden administration is considering renaming the child migrant shelters “reception centers”.
Joe Biden campaigned on reversing President Trump’s strict immigration policies and the migrants are responding in kind. Biden also campaigned on saving the country from COVID, but it appears flooding the country with migrants is more important to Biden than protecting Americans from COVID.
migrants-illegals-US-caravan.jpg

File image of migrant caravan.

Axios excerpt:
TRENDING: Kamala Harris Takes Call with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Behalf of Joe Biden
CDC lets child migrant shelters fill to 100% despite COVID concern
The Centers for Disease Control is allowing shelters handling child migrants who cross the U.S.-Mexico border to expand to full capacity, abandoning a requirement that they stay near 50% to inhibit the spread of the coronavirus, Axios has learned.
Why it matters: The fact that the country’s premier health advisory agency is permitting a change in COVID-19 protocols indicates the scale of the immigration crisis. A draft memo obtained by Axios conceded “facilities should plan for and expect to have COVID-19 cases.”
CNN excerpt:
The Biden administration has notified facilities caring for migrant children that they can open back up to pre-Covid-19 levels, acknowledging “extraordinary circumstances” due to a rising number of minors crossing the US-Mexico border, according to a memo obtained by CNN.
The increase in arrivals of unaccompanied children put additional strain on the immigration system, which was operating under limited capacity as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
…There are approximately 7,700 unaccompanied children in HHS care. The department has around 13,650 beds to accommodate children when not under reduced capacity.
Earlier this week Axios reported Biden was to briefed that 20,000 beds were needed to accommodate the flood of migrant children at the border and that Homeland Security was warning an estimated 117,000 migrant children would enter the U.S. this year.
The Biden administration is looking at also housing migrant children at a military base in Virginia, Reuters reported Friday (excerpt):
“The U.S. government is evaluating whether to house unaccompanied migrant children at a military base in Virginia amid a sharp rise in migrants arriving at the U.S.-Mexico border, according to a U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) notice seen by Reuters. A Pentagon spokesman confirmed that Fort Lee, a U.S. Army facility about 30 miles (48 km) south of Richmond, was under consideration…”
President Trump called out Biden for his failures at the border on Friday. White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki returned fire at Trump at Friday’s press briefing. Psaki also would not say if Biden has a limit as to the number of child migrants he is willing to allow in the country.

Crickets, that was a lot of good info.

There is no border crisis genius. The only reason there are “crickets” is because it is a weekend and honestly responding to traitorous shit****s like you two who are constantly posting misinformation is tiring. The border crisis bullshit is a standard republican gameplan to create fear and racism in dipshits like you. Remember that caravan of terrorists that was heading to the border leading up to the 2018 midterms? Did you ever hear about them again the day after the election? No. I wonder why? Illegal immigration actually increased under Trump. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

• Haha
Reactions: HumasButthole
There is no border crisis genius. The only reason there are “crickets” is because it is a weekend and honestly responding to traitorous shit****s like you two who are constantly posting misinformation is tiring. The border crisis bullshit is a standard republican gameplan to create fear and racism in dipshits like you. Remember that caravan of terrorists that was heading to the border leading up to the 2018 midterms? Did you ever hear about them again the day after the election? No. I wonder why? Illegal immigration actually increased under Trump. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Wrong as usual.

Reactions: 1983Grad and Dmk
This ‘Democrat’ House representative from one of the border areas in Texas says in this video that they’re going to have a serious crisis there if Biden doesn’t change his insane border policy soon. And this was published 4 days ago. Again, this is a Democrat saying this.

Would you be happy if I personally flew there and posted video of the crisis? My friends in Texas are not so happy and people are flooding the border. This has nothing to do with racism, it has to do with staffing and people coming in illegally who are also testing Covid +. It is a giant problem and you are posting more parroted ignorant talking points from the media.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bk2oc7gzvf8lp8y/ignorance.jpg?dl=0

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Would you be happy if I personally flew there and posted video of the crisis? My friends in Texas are not so happy and people are flooding the border. This has nothing to do with racism, it has to do with staffing and people coming in illegally who are also testing Covid +. It is a giant problem and you are posting more parroted ignorant talking points from the media.

yes that would make me happy. Fly down there and post video.

• Haha
Reactions: Dackel
This ‘Democrat’ House representative from one of the border areas in Texas says in this video that they’re going to have a serious crisis there if Biden doesn’t change his insane border policy soon. And this was published 4 days ago. Again, this is a Democrat saying this.

So lets recap Biden's "insane" border policy. Here are the things that have changed since Biden took over...

- He ended child separation. You know that thing that you were duped into believing was something that was started by Obama and Biden in the first place. That seems humane to me. Kids were being molested and mistreated in those cages. You QANON people should be all for this decision.

- he ended the policy of holding people in Mexico. Well, Mexico ended that. Also a good thing. People were being shipped there indefinitely because they were not getting the asylum court dates set. There was also serious abuse happening there.

- he defunded the wall. You know, the wall that was already falling into the Rio Grande. The wall was never a good idea, which is why even republicans wanted nothing to do with it. Good move.

I would agree that the numbers of illegals seem to be going up. We do need to change some laws that are out of date.

1. Today, the law states that if an immigrant just walks up and touched the wall, they get a trial. That can change.

2. Get more judges down there and speed up the process of asylum hearings. That way people who deserve asylum can get it, and those that don't get shipped back faster.

3. the vast majority of illegals in this country cross through ports of entry. We need a better way to track them down after they get here and overstay their welcome.

Everything I listed above could have been addressed by Trump... in a humane way. But Trump's strategy was a wall that did not work and basically creating such inhumane policies that it would deter people from coming. I welcome new strategies from Biden.

• Haha
So lets recap Biden's "insane" border policy. Here are the things that have changed since Biden took over...

- He ended child separation. You know that thing that you were duped into believing was something that was started by Obama and Biden in the first place. That seems humane to me. Kids were being molested and mistreated in those cages. You QANON people should be all for this decision.

- he ended the policy of holding people in Mexico. Well, Mexico ended that. Also a good thing. People were being shipped there indefinitely because they were not getting the asylum court dates set. There was also serious abuse happening there.

- he defunded the wall. You know, the wall that was already falling into the Rio Grande. The wall was never a good idea, which is why even republicans wanted nothing to do with it. Good move.

I would agree that the numbers of illegals seem to be going up. We do need to change some laws that are out of date.

1. Today, the law states that if an immigrant just walks up and touched the wall, they get a trial. That can change.

2. Get more judges down there and speed up the process of asylum hearings. That way people who deserve asylum can get it, and those that don't get shipped back faster.

3. the vast majority of illegals in this country cross through ports of entry. We need a better way to track them down after they get here and overstay their welcome.

Everything I listed above could have been addressed by Trump... in a humane way. But Trump's strategy was a wall that did not work and basically creating such inhumane policies that it would deter people from coming. I welcome new strategies from Biden.
Agree with all your points accept that the wall does not work

it is meant to slow down the trafficking, narcotics and people, and is a huge deterrent for people crossing illegally and we don’t need open borders. People need to come into this country legally and your points 1-3 are extremely relevant to speeding up that legal process.

all points are necessary including the wall. We don’t want anyone with a free rein in/out anywhere on our southern border.

hopefully they are blowing up all the tunnels also.

First off, I’m not one of the Qanon folks. I’ve never visited a Qanon website and don’t even know what they believe honestly. I have read some things on this board the last couple months tho, and from the bits and pieces I’ve gathered I believe those people were seriously trolled..just my opinion.

Secondly, in your first post above in this thread you stated that ‘There is no border crisis genius. The border crisis bullshit is a standard republican gameplan to create fear and racism in dipshits like you.’ I just posted a link from a Dem House of Representative from the border area in Texas to prove you are dead wrong on that. You used the standard race card bs to try and make your point.

I have no problem with ending the child separation. It was probably done as a deterrent to make people think twice before coming, but again I have no problem ending that.

And the reason why Trump told Mexico that they would have to hold the people on their side of the border was another deterrent. It was a good idea and policy! Since most of these immigrants are coming from Central America it made Mexico get off their asses and start stopping these people from flowing straight through Mexico and right up to our border. Matter of fact Mexico put troops on the border with those Central American countries to stop them there, because Mexico didn’t want the burden of holding thousands of people on their side of the border.

The wall was and is a good idea, and it was stupid of Biden to defund it. That’s all the time I will waste on that.

Your three points on how to make things better down there with getting more judges etc. sound like good ideas, and I have no problem with.

First off, I’m not one of the Qanon folks. I’ve never visited a Qanon website and don’t even know what they believe honestly. I have read some things on this board the last couple months tho, and from the bits and pieces I’ve gathered I believe those people were seriously trolled..just my opinion.

Secondly, in your first post above in this thread you stated that ‘There is no border crisis genius. The border crisis bullshit is a standard republican gameplan to create fear and racism in dipshits like you.’ I just posted a link from a Dem House of Representative from the border area in Texas to prove you are dead wrong on that. You used the standard race card bs to try and make your point.

I have no problem with ending the child separation. It was probably done as a deterrent to make people think twice before coming, but again I have no problem ending that.

And the reason why Trump told Mexico that they would have to hold the people on their side of the border was another deterrent. It was a good idea and policy! Since most of these immigrants are coming from Central America it made Mexico get off their asses and start stopping these people from flowing straight through Mexico and right up to our border. Matter of fact Mexico put troops on the border with those Central American countries to stop them there, because Mexico didn’t want the burden of holding thousands of people on their side of the border.

The wall was and is a good idea, and it was stupid of Biden to defund it. That’s all the time I will waste on that.

Your three points on how to make things better down there with getting more judges etc. sound like good ideas, and I have no problem with.

Direct quote from your article.
"Is it a crisis? No. Is it getting there? Yes," Cuellar told "America’s Newsroom" on Tuesday.
The point is that the traffic is increasing, not that Biden's changes have had a detrimental impact on security.

The border continues to be an effective fear mongering tool for right wing media. They claim that Biden wants open borders which is simply not true.

If you really want to reduce illegal immigration, then focus needs to be placed more on those who come in legally and then just stay. Those number are more than double the number of those getting caught at the border.

• Haha
Direct quote from your article.
"Is it a crisis? No. Is it getting there? Yes," Cuellar told "America’s Newsroom" on Tuesday.
The point is that the traffic is increasing, not that Biden's changes have had a detrimental impact on security.

The border continues to be an effective fear mongering tool for right wing media. They claim that Biden wants open borders which is simply not true.

If you really want to reduce illegal immigration, then focus needs to be placed more on those who come in legally and then just stay. Those number are more than double the number of those getting caught at the border.
On your last paragraph I 100% agree.

Ridiculously wrong. Trump had the numbers going way down in the last 2 years of his admin due to incredibly good policies and the wall. Biden is destroying all the good progress made. If you disagree, you are either just disagreeing to do it for shits and giggles or not very smart.

Reactions: 1983Grad

Bill O’ Reilly doesn’t take sides but views under reporting issues in corporate media as a problem. I agree.

Ridiculously wrong. Trump had the numbers going way down in the last 2 years of his admin due to incredibly good policies and the wall. Biden is destroying all the good progress made. If you disagree, you are either just disagreeing to do it for shits and giggles or not very smart.

I hate to break it to you pal, but it aint like Biden is tearing the wall down. It is still there, so if it is so effective as you claim it should still be working, no?

I will concede that policies of Biden are encouraging more illegals to approach the US. You know, since Biden removed those illegal human rights abuses that Trump was using as a deterrent. Good, Christian stuff he was doing.

I also find it interesting that you were willing to give Trump a two year grace period to get his own policies in place, but you wont even give Biden two months.

And please post those immigration figures you are quoting with a source.

I hate to break it to you pal, but it aint like Biden is tearing the wall down. It is still there, so if it is so effective as you claim it should still be working, no?

I will concede that policies of Biden are encouraging more illegals to approach the US. You know, since Biden removed those illegal human rights abuses that Trump was using as a deterrent. Good, Christian stuff he was doing.

I also find it interesting that you were willing to give Trump a two year grace period to get his own policies in place, but you wont even give Biden two months.

All Biden is doing is undoing Trump programs, many of which were actually good programs. And let’s admit Biden is not making any decision someone else is running that puppet.

All Biden is doing is undoing Trump programs, many of which were actually good programs. And let’s admit Biden is not making any decision someone else is running that puppet.

Good policies? My favorite trump move was how he suspended asylum hearings due to covid and just automatically deported people without a hearing. So while he was telling us to go out and live our lives with no fear of covid, he thought covid was enough of an issue to suspend hearings. Actually he just used it as an excuse to not even grant hearings, which is illegal. How many El Salvadorans were shipped back without a hearing and promptly executed on arrival? hundreds at least. Is that good policy? Good christian policy?

Reactions: dpic73
Good policies? My favorite trump move was how he suspended asylum hearings due to covid and just automatically deported people without a hearing. So while he was telling us to go out and live our lives with no fear of covid, he thought covid was enough of an issue to suspend hearings. Actually he just used it as an excuse to not even grant hearings, which is illegal. How many El Salvadorans were shipped back without a hearing and promptly executed on arrival? hundreds at least. Is that good policy? Good christian policy?

Great policy.

El salvadorans fleeing gang violence are not the responsibility of the American taxpayer. Helping other Americans is.

The illegals are just coming to any point of entry they can get to and surrendering because they know that catch and release into the US has been implemented again. I am glad that you will at least concede that Bidens policies are encouraging more illegal immigration and I will concede that this huge recent surge has a pent up demand aspect to it as a lot have been waiting in Mexico to get here Here are just 2 links stating the obvious that what Trump did worked.

Reactions: Dmk
https://t.co/r68J2laDpH?amp=1

Reactions: SconnyTiger25
Why would someone from El Salvador seek asylum? All these people claiming asylum is a joke and over burdening TX. I was just in El Salvador in 2019, it’s not that bad there, very comparable to the rest of C America where the govt over taxes citizens to line their own pockets. If these countries would support their citizens they would want to stay there. Well they’ll quickly find out this isn’t the land of the free anymore.

Also why have the DEA, why don’t we just allow the drug cartels to dictate policy?

maybe you and your family (if you have one) should move to the border and see how much you like the new Biden policies. I’ll trust Gov Abbott over the space cadet they parade in front of the camera only to set him up for the 25th amendment, won’t be long now before Kamala falls upward by throwing someone else under the bus.

It took Trump 2 years to get things such as that done because he was dealing with all the BS the left hindered his administration with from the time he was announced POTUS. Well, he finally got the border under control and was still working at it. Its taken less than 2 months for Biden to destroy what was built and what was working. Why recreate the wheel? Reason... Biden is not. He is going backwards and making things worse.

...and please support and enlighten us on your argument of illegal human rights abuses by Trump and what better human rights Biden is using now.

Has anyone checked in on the strippers lately? Bet they are having rough go at it, hard to think the Pandemic has treated them kindly.

Statement by Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America​

06/21/21

I have accepted the invitation of Texas Governor Greg Abbott to join him on an official visit to our Nation’s decimated Southern Border on Wednesday, June 30, 2021.

The Biden Administration inherited from me the strongest, safest, and most secure border in U.S history and in mere weeks they turned it into the single worst border crisis in U.S history. It’s an unmitigated disaster zone.

We went from detain-and-remove to catch-and-release. We went from having border security that was the envy of the world to a lawless border that is now pitied around the world. Biden and Harris have handed control of our border over to cartels, criminals, and coyotes. Drug dealers, MS-13 gang members, human smugglers, sex traffickers, and the criminal elements of the world now have free reign. Hospitals and schools are getting crushed and public health is being sacrificed all in service of a radical left anti-borders agenda. Our brave border agents and courageous ICE officers have been illegally stopped from doing their jobs. Our Nation is now one giant sanctuary city where even dangerous criminals are being cut loose and set free inside the U.S interior on a daily basis.

If this weren’t bad enough, Biden and Harris won’t even tour the scenes of the wreckage they created, or come down and visit with the Border Patrol and ICE heroes risking their lives to defend our Nation at a time when the White House is doing everything it can to make their job totally impossible.

What Biden and Harris have done, and are continuing to do on our border, is a grave and willful dereliction of duty.

My visit will hopefully shine a spotlight on these crimes against our Nation—and show the incredible people of ICE and Border Patrol that they have our unshakeable support.

Media credentialing information will be provided at a later date.

Reactions: AugTig

And these liberal goofballs are just happy to ignore all this reality to comfortably live in the fantasy that all of this is good for the US and makes us all better people. Disgusting!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT