ADVERTISEMENT

Biden killing it

What specifically did he lie about?

Read the transcript. He said exactly what you just said. He even clarified, "some republicans."

You may not like what he said, but it was not dishonest.

And see @WapPride 's post above, it is Mike Lee saying he wants to kill social security.
the speechwriter knew what he was doing, and the maga repubs in attendance fell for it and played right into it. And Biden made the next move, Deadly.

Reactions: dpic73
Biden lied on 85% of his fricking speech and I am not hesitant or too nice to call it like it is. The 15% he did not lie on was mischaracterized if technically correct. The crotchety old D**k head is lucky that the Trump economic infrastructure is still in pace and dragging his soiled @$$ out of the mud for now.

I haven’t seen the SOTU yet because I was out with clients, but caught wonk eye Sanders’ rebuttal when I got back to the hotel. I though it was atrocious.

What? You don’t think messaging like this is going to win national elections?

“The choice is no longer between right or left,” declared Sanders, former press secretary to Donald Trump. “The choice is between normal and crazy.”

Let’s go back to Tim Scott. His was infinitely better. Fantastic guy.
I would take Byron Donalds over Scott any day of the week. He has some fight in him and that is a baseline must in the current climate going against the occupying communists.

• Haha
Reactions: fcctiger12
What? You don’t think messaging like this is going to win national elections?

“The choice is no longer between right or left,” declared Sanders, former press secretary to Donald Trump. “The choice is between normal and crazy.”

It was absolutely horrible. Just more of the same inflammatory talking points that have been repeated a million times.

There is crazy on both sides. Supporting Trump at this point is crazy. MTG is crazy. Woke BS is crazy. Adding entitlements to our current budget is crazy.

But crazy vs. normal for the MAGAs is not a winking message outside of the base.

Last edited:
This speech writer is somehow navigating this doddling old wearthers original towards a decent narrative.
The speech writer wrote a good speech but also oriented it to Bidens strengths. The verbage also goaded the maga rebel rousers to erupt during the moments when all biden had to do was ad lib on a general topic he has discussed thousands of times in his long political career. McCarthy, for all his weaknesses, showed he was smarter than many in his party with the numerous visible shushes.

The speech writer wrote a good speech but also oriented it to Bidens strengths. The verbage also goaded the maga rebel rousers to erupt during the moments when all biden had to do was ad lib on a general topic he has discussed thousands of times in his long political career. McCarthy, for all his weaknesses, showed he was smarter than many in his party with the numerous visible shushes.
what is a Biden strength? IMO its that he's not Trump. I think many would agree with that too

329276304_1890682964618555_1328172379536824098_n.jpg

You guys have lost it with the Ukraine stuff.
You are contradicting yourself on this subject though. You claim economics is one of your biggest factors in political support but at the same time support our govt sending now near 200B to Ukraine basically unaccounted for and also the accompanying sanctions which have contributed much more to US inflation which hurts our entire economy and all of our citizens while Russia is prospering selling its products to China, India and others.

The US should have its first priority to mediate a cease fire and peace negotiations. None of that is even being considered and I am still waiting for anyone to lucidly explain how Russia annexing part of Ukraine hurts US National Security Interests.

Reactions: clemsonalex
You are contradicting yourself on this subject though. You claim economics is one of your biggest factors in political support but at the same time support our govt sending now near 200B to Ukraine basically unaccounted for and also the accompanying sanctions which have contributed much more to US inflation which hurts our entire economy and all of our citizens while Russia is prospering selling its products to China, India and others.

The US should have its first priority to mediate a cease fire and peace negotiations. None of that is even being considered and I am still waiting for anyone to lucidly explain how Russia annexing part of Ukraine hurts US National Security Interests.
I'm sure mother Russia would greatly appreciate it if we and Ukraine showed such naivety by going to the negotiating table with good faith. The gateway pundit must have some cozy relations with the Kremelin.

Oh look https://www.mediamatters.org/gatewa...-russian-propaganda-conservative-echo-chamber

Last edited:

Haha you have to be kidding me. Love you man but what color is the sky in your world? There is no way to mediate a cease fire in this situation. That kind of statement from people on the right demonstrates they don't have the first clue about this situation and how complex it is. Russia is a geopolitical foe. They are bad guys across the board in terms of their government. History shows Russia is always going to be an antagonist and an adversary to long term peace. That is a ongoing reality that is demonstrable over centuries. Therefore, any gain in wealth or power for Russia is bad for the United States. In no way is it beneficial for more bad people to have control over more resources whether they be energy or food related. I'm not sure how anyone could miss that.

That being said, the way we are executing our so called strategy in this case is highly flawed and ridiculous. There are a lot of things we could be doing better here. But in any case, our goals should be to do whatever we can to weaken Russia. That makes sense on nearly every level. It never should have gotten to this point to begin with.

Reactions: fcctiger12

Brandon steady killin it
Gotta love the narrative that all 87,000 new IRS employees are auditors, which is a lie. The agency is severely understaffed due to 5 years of attrition and Republican budget cuts so this was necessary. It's also a lie that they are armed, since only a few will carry weapons, and that they've been hired to go after the middle class. Malarkey as Uncle Joe says.

This an important distinction, and something I've noticed with so many on the right. And after supporting the biggest pathological liar this country has ever produced, you'd think they'd know how to spot the difference between lies and objective facts. Not only have they not, they're going to vote for the liar again.

Because at the end of the day, anyone who would still vote for Trump only cares about one thing, and that's winning elections. Despite all their faux moral outrage and performative theatrics about, well, everything, the only thing they care about is winning and power.
You truly dont realize just how rich and ironic your posts about the right are, do you?

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
Haha you have to be kidding me. Love you man but what color is the sky in your world? There is no way to mediate a cease fire in this situation. That kind of statement from people on the right demonstrates they don't have the first clue about this situation and how complex it is. Russia is a geopolitical foe. They are bad guys across the board in terms of their government. History shows Russia is always going to be an antagonist and an adversary to long term peace. That is a ongoing reality that is demonstrable over centuries. Therefore, any gain in wealth or power for Russia is bad for the United States. In no way is it beneficial for more bad people to have control over more resources whether they be energy or food related. I'm not sure how anyone could miss that.

That being said, the way we are executing our so called strategy in this case is highly flawed and ridiculous. There are a lot of things we could be doing better here. But in any case, our goals should be to do whatever we can to weaken Russia. That makes sense on nearly every level. It never should have gotten to this point to begin with.
I stand by my opinion on this one.

What sort of evidence exists to back up this assertion that Russia is currently prospering?

“…Russia is prospering selling its products to China, India and others.”
I agree there are conflicting reports but I would say that the US sanctions on Russia are not having the desired effect and have hurt us citizens too much with no return on that lost spending power that has occurred.

2 links showing that Russia is moving along.

It is amazing to me that anyone with a sane mind can say the country is headed in the right direction or support the current administration. It is comical to see the left continue to try and vilify Tump all while Biden is the most corrupt president we have ever had.

It is amazing to me that anyone with a sane mind can say the country is headed in the right direction or support the current administration. It is comical to see the left continue to try and vilify Tump all while Biden is the most corrupt president we have ever had.
What consistent metrics do you use to judge Biden as most corrupt president we've ever had?

ADVERTISEMENT