ADVERTISEMENT

Biden's DOJ

I read the article expecting to get pissed off, but then I found this:

1. That guy deserves to rot in a cell.

2. The article states:

“There is no federal statute that explicitly says prosecutors cannot retry a defendant on so-called hung counts when they have had their sentence commuted by the president for counts on which they were convicted.

Nor is there federal case law that provides guidance on that question, because Esformes’ situation is apparently the first time the issue has arisen.”

So it seems as though the DOJ isn’t doing anything Illegal here, nor are they ignoring precedent.

If anything, the article paints a picture of a president who was commuting sentences for people who didn’t deserve to have their sentences commuted…

I read the article expecting to get pissed off, but then I found this:

1. That guy deserves to rot in a cell.

2. The article states:

“There is no federal statute that explicitly says prosecutors cannot retry a defendant on so-called hung counts when they have had their sentence commuted by the president for counts on which they were convicted.

Nor is there federal case law that provides guidance on that question, because Esformes’ situation is apparently the first time the issue has arisen.”

So it seems as though the DOJ isn’t doing anything Illegal here, nor are they ignoring precedent.

If anything, the article paints a picture of a president who was commuting sentences for people who didn’t deserve to have their sentences commuted…
Dude, the guy pardoned Kodak Black.....that should tell you all you need to know

**** that guy and I hope he rots. White collar crime needs to be punished just as stringently as other crime

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT