ADVERTISEMENT

Bidens Union Buddies

CUT93

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2006
Biden is all for his union buddies, even to the detriment of the country. That is, until it might hurt him politically like the RR union threatening to strike. Why is he not out supporting their rights for collective bargaining and striking now? Just another in a long line of hypocritical stances damaging to our country.

More and more union workers are turning from the democrat party. This latest Biden failure will all accelerate that. Hell Bernie was the only one willing to stand with us.

Reactions: jfegaly and CUT93
absolutely horseshit move by national democrats/biden. and I hope labor leaders are now screaming at him not to run in 2024. this is where the rubber meats the road, and biden folded. sad.

absolutely horseshit move by national democrats/biden. and I hope labor leaders are now screaming at him not to run in 2024. this is where the rubber meats the road, and biden folded. sad.
I've said this before, but it applies here also. Though you and I disagree on many things, your stances are actually issue based and not purely political even if we don't agree. That is absolutely not the case with the vast majority of your party and this is proof positive of that. Kudos to you for at least sticking with your position when it is unpopular.

Biden is all for his union buddies, even to the detriment of the country. That is, until it might hurt him politically like the RR union threatening to strike. Why is he not out supporting their rights for collective bargaining and striking now? Just another in a long line of hypocritical stances damaging to our country.
Biden, the media and the entire government is trying to throw the workers under the bus and prevent the strike. Because Biden and American corporations will do just about anying to prevent unions gaining strength.

Reactions: jfegaly
Biden, the media and the entire government is trying to throw the workers under the bus and prevent the strike. Because Biden and American corporations will do just about anying to prevent unions gaining strength.

This is true and also not true though. Biden has been an ardent supporter of union rights for most of his career, and he got a TON of union support in the primary, it's probably what drove him over the top in 2020 (along with black folks). That's why this is so disappointing to see the stance he's taking now. Finally, he has a real chance to significantly improve the lives of these people who have been supporting him for decades and he caved to corporate pressure. Embarrassing for the party and for Biden.

He is proving to union members (who are actually rather conservative, generally, especially when you are talking about the trades) that Dems don't care about them until it comes to elections and money. It's going to have long lasting reprecussions for the party.

Last edited:
This is true and also not true though. Biden has been an ardent supporter of union rights for most of his career, and he got a TON of union support in the primary, it's probably what drove him over the top in 2020 (along with black folks). That's why this is so disappointing to see the stance he's taking now. Finally, he has a real chance to significantly improve the lives of these people who have been supporting him for decades and he caved to corporate pressure. Embarrassing for the party and for Biden.

He is proving to union members (who are actually rather conservative, generally, especially when you are talking about the trades) that Dems don't care about them until it comes to elections and money. It's going to have long lasting reprecussions for the party.
I agree with most of this. I think you may be wrong about repercussions though. Dem voters tend to stich together no matter what when it comes time to vote despite being mad at or disagreeing with the dem candidate on issues. I hope you are right and I am wrong, but it would be a first for the dem party. Maybe for some independent leaning union members on the fence, but outside of that I would be skeptical.

I agree with ice for the most part on this. Biden has always wanted unions to have more power, not less.

China Joe just broke it off in his union goon buddies trying to have Congress block tbe strike.

Reactions: CUT93
I agree with ice for the most part on this. Biden has always wanted unions to have more power, not less.
Bullshit. The Biden presidency is going to **** over those guys and girls and theres nothing they can do about it... or they could strike. I guess we will see.

Sounds like your grievance is that you have to agree with my take. Bernie would never have done this to them. You know that much is true. Look, at some point, the 'left' has to understand the fights that are worth fighting, and to me Unions are worth it, because the alternative, given corporate power grabs over the last century, is awful. Biden is screwing up because corporations are in charge of both parties.

Sounds like your grievance is that you have to agree with my take. Bernie would never have done this to them. You know that much is true. Look, at some point, the 'left' has to understand the fights that are worth fighting, and to me Unions are worth it, because the alternative, given corporate power grabs over the last century, is awful. Biden is screwing up because corporations are in charge of both parties.
What? Bernie sold out to Hillary in 2016. You don’t think for one second he wouldn’t sell out unions? Bernie doesn’t care about you or the citizens, he’s like all politicians, he only cares about himself.

On top of that, what the hell has he done while being a senator? The guy has literally worked his entire career in politics with nothing to show for it. He’s a joke like the rest of them. Let me be very clear on this, I mean both sides of the isle. All of them don’t give two squirts of piss about you and all they care about is power and control.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Bullshit. The Biden presidency is going to **** over those guys and girls and theres nothing they can do about it... or they could strike. I guess we will see.
You are just batcrap crazy if you don't think Biden has been pro union up to this point. He wanted to put in clauses that only allowed ev rebates on cars made in union plants. You may be the only person on the planet that would say Biden was not very, very pro union until now.

ADVERTISEMENT