ADVERTISEMENT

Black Lives Matter: Really? Is BLM really concerned about...

Beaverdam Tiger

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Aug 3, 2001
black lives? One white police officer kills one black man making a justified arrest. All hell breaks loose. People, the next weekend 96 blacks killed 96 blacks in Chicago!!! Does that make any sense whatsoever? If you have a business losing money and labor costs are 90%+ of your expenses are you going to be worrying on reducing the costs of your office supplies? Hell NO! If black lives really matter then how about if your organization actually acts like it cares. I must be crazy.

There is a big difference between what was the original underlying movement. It has been supplanted by the organization Black Lives Matters--NOT to be confused with the movement black lives matter. Totally separate. The organization itself has its own agenda and the movement has been supplanted by uneducated/uncritically thinking groups leveraging the chaos to further their own agendas. Sad...African Americans, small business in urban areas, and law abiding citizens suffer the most. Adults need to speak up and assert themselves.

black lives? One white police officer kills one black man making a justified arrest. All hell breaks loose. People, the next weekend 96 blacks killed 96 blacks in Chicago!!! Does that make any sense whatsoever? If you have a business losing money and labor costs are 90%+ of your expenses are you going to be worrying on reducing the costs of your office supplies? Hell NO! If black lives really matter then how about if your organization actually acts like it cares. I must be crazy.

It’s kinda like a boxing match. You expect your opponent to punch you. But you dont expect the referee to punch you.

Pointing out “black on black crime”in light of these protests is a racist concept.

It insinuates that there are problems in the black community that are inherent to the black community, and that it’s their own obligation as a people group to fix these problems.

It would be similar to asking the white community seeking social change to address their opiate problem or telling whites people who are at a pro-life rally “what about Dylan Roof? You must not really care about people’s lives.”

Sure, violence within cities, shootings, etc. should be addressed. But telling black people that they are responsible for it is the racist thought.

As a side note, we are all capable of producing racist thoughts. That doesn’t make one a racist. IMO we’re too quick to tie someone’s identity to their implicit beliefs...

Pointing out “black on black crime”in light of these protests is a racist concept.

It insinuates that there are problems in the black community that are inherent to the black community, and that it’s their own obligation as a people group to fix these problems.

It would be similar to asking the white community seeking social change to address their opiate problem or telling whites people who are at a pro-life rally “what about Dylan Roof? You must not really care about people’s lives.”

Sure, violence within cities, shootings, etc. should be addressed. But telling black people that they are responsible for it is the racist thought.

As a side note, we are all capable of producing racist thoughts. That doesn’t make one a racist. IMO we’re too quick to tie someone’s identity to their implicit beliefs...

So it is racist to say that predominantly black communities need to be part of the solution to fix black communities??

So it is racist to say that predominantly black communities need to be part of the solution to fix black communities??
If it’s insinuating that somehow black “culture” is inherently violent rather than the result of a myriad of policies and circumstances that breed violence (poverty, unemployment, redlining, etc.), then yes.

Also, I should note that violence in Chicago has been increasingly dropping over the past few decades, partly as a result of activists and organizers within the city who are attempting to create change from within.

Racist concepts exist when we start thinking of races as monolithic rather than—like any culture— a really diverse range of people who act all kinds of different ways based on their circumstances.

The answer is no! BLM is a terrorist organization bent on distraction! If Black Lives really mattered to them they why do they support abortion? 36% of all abortions are from black women, where is the outcry from BLM? In 2018 the FBI reported 89% of black homicides in America were by black offenders...that’s a fact that so many in the BLM movement ignore. They need to be in Chicago making a difference and giving young black men and women a chance to grow up, to become productive citizens! BLM is a hate organization like ANTIFA and the KKK. Hawk Newsome should be arrested for hate speech and tried for treason with his “burn the system down” comments!!!

Listen, those cops that kill innocent people ( black and white) must be held account, prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law...that’s a fact! But rioting and destroying neighborhoods and businesses will never heal this land and bring unity. If BLM really cared about black life then why destroy black owned businesses? You are costing people their livelihood...but BLM doesn’t care about that at all, all they care about is destruction...another fact!!

What possible changes can the nation make that would enhance the lives of people. We have affirmative action. We have laws that guarantee equal opportunity employment. We have a system where people report unfair hiring and action is taken if the court agrees.
What specific actions need to take place.
The Baltimore situation was democratic mayor black police chief and black policeman arresting and smothering black person.
Does training for arrest need to be addressed?

What possible changes can the nation make that would enhance the lives of people. We have affirmative action. We have laws that guarantee equal opportunity employment. We have a system where people report unfair hiring and action is taken if the court agrees.
The Baltimore situation was democratic mayor black police chief and black policeman arresting and smothering black person.
We need a police database that can flag potential bad cops. If a cop, like the one in Minnesota has a list of red flags and known issues he needs to be removed. The cop and the 3 that were with him were arrested, they will be prosecuted and they will be sentenced...no doubt in my mind about that. But what does destroying a city accomplish? What does defunding the police accomplish? You are punishing millions of innocent people just because you want to tear stuff up...ridiculous!

Reactions: tigerworx

There are problems unique to the black community. There are problems unique to the white community. There are problems unique to all communities. To ignore this is lunacy. Acknowledging problems in each community is the first step in making progress. Is your solution to continue to ignore these systemic problems embedded within these communities? Seems like a poor strategy to me. All you will get is the same.

There are problems unique to the black community. There are problems unique to the white community. There are problems unique to all communities. To ignore this is lunacy. Acknowledging problems in each community is the first step in making progress. Is your solution to continue to ignore these systemic problems embedded within these communities? Seems like a poor strategy to me. All you will get is the same.
What are some of the problems unique to both communities that are solely on the basis of race and not based on policies that have shaped various cultures?

If acknowledging these issues is the first step of the solution, which issues did you have in mind?

If it’s insinuating that somehow black “culture” is inherently violent rather than the result of a myriad of policies and circumstances that breed violence (poverty, unemployment, redlining, etc.), then yes.

Also, I should note that violence in Chicago has been increasingly dropping over the past few decades, partly as a result of activists and organizers within the city who are attempting to create change from within.

Racist concepts exist when we start thinking of races as monolithic rather than—like any culture— a really diverse range of people who act all kinds of different ways based on their circumstances.
Individuals alone are responsible for their actions - not the culture or system...

Governments or people? Governments can only do so much. Individuals needs to lead change. I live in Charlotte. We pass ourselves off as the beacon of progressiveness, but it's a mirage. White people segregate themselves in South Charlotte where the best schools are, or just send their kids to private schools. Very little diversity in neighborhoods. And while privileged white people love acting woke by protesting at Reardon Park, all hell breaks loose with the first talk of busing or building affordable housing in rich neighborhoods. And full disclosure, I'm a white guy that lives in Southpark

In 2018 the FBI reported 89% of black homicides in America were by black offenders.
This is true. Also true that 81% of white homicides in America in 2018 were by white offenders. But you never hear of “white on white” murders.

The vast majority of violent crime occurs in areas of dense population. In a segregated society, that means that you’re going to likely have same race offender/victim.

Last edited:
What are some of the problems unique to both communities that are solely on the basis of race and not based on policies that have shaped various cultures?

If acknowledging these issues is the first step of the solution, which issues did you have in mind?

The root problems for both communities boil down to economic and disintegration of the family unit. I am sure the later is going to draw a knee jerk reaction from you or others on this board. However, if you believe in science and facts, then going to be hard for you to justify or rationalize this away...no meaningful positive change can happen without strengthening the nuclear family.

Got it. So it’s the policies and circumstances that cause blacks to act violently.....so being responsible for ones actions whether wrong or right doesn’t exist in black communities because of others policies and circumstances that others have created.

I have no idea on how to interpret what you just wrote on the reply

well just go out and riot destroying property and injuring and killing people because we don't immediately comprehend and agree with a viewpoint

The root problems for both communities boil down to economic and disintegration of the family unit. I am sure the later is going to draw a knee jerk reaction from you or others on this board. However, if you believe in science and facts, then going to be hard for you to justify or rationalize this away...no meaningful positive change can happen without strengthening the nuclear family.

Right on.

Got it. So it’s the policies and circumstances that cause blacks to act violently.....so being responsible for ones actions whether wrong or right doesn’t exist in black communities because of others policies and circumstances that others have created.
Is the alternative biological?

This is actually a great point.

If there were policies such as mass incarceration for minor drug offenses that were disproportionately enforced in urban environments and that removed fathers from family systems, wouldn’t it be wise to rethink the policy?

Is the alternative biological?

This is actually a great point.

If there were policies such as mass incarceration for minor drug offenses that were disproportionately enforced in urban environments and that removed fathers from family systems, wouldn’t it be wise to rethink the policy?
Yes sir! Totally agree with you on this point!

If information was actually forthcoming within the community to bring down the bad eggs, crime rates would spiral downward. That's not on the police, you or I. Until WE can sit down and want to have meaningful talks about helping each other, no trust will ever develop and the
bullshit will continue. Change has to occur mutually and honestly.

Can we just stop with the talk about race on here? This is not helping recruiting one damn bit. In fact, I would almost have to guess that some of you are Gamecocks determined to undermine our recruiting. Jeez...

13%
So, when I evaluate the tragic circumstances in the Black community if I recognize that 60% of the armed robberies in our country and 56% of the murders are committed by a people group that represents 13% of our population then I have had a racist thought conceptually and I should not eve think about those facts, right?

Certain facts MUST be ignored, right?

what hurt you today to make you feel like it was necessary to post this dumb shit today?

Reactions: Jayshaun494
So, when I evaluate the tragic circumstances in the Black community if I recognize that 60% of the armed robberies in our country and 56% of the murders are committed by a people group that represents 13% of our population then I have had a racist thought conceptually and I should not eve think about those facts, right?

Certain facts MUST be ignored, right?

No, not at all. The question is if you believe it’s because of biological predisposition or some kind of “black culture” issue that sees black people as one monolithic group.

Can we just stop with the talk about race on here? This is not helping recruiting one damn bit. In fact, I would almost have to guess that some of you are Gamecocks determined to undermine our recruiting. Jeez...

This line of thought is a part of the problem. How about not ignoring issues that we have but engaging in thoughtful dialogue and moving that dialogue into action?? I know it is more uncomfortable than the status quo. However, I care more about our student athletes than just watching them for sport! I hope that you do as well. I am not saying you don't. Just asking you not to be lazy in your thinking...

Reactions: Goclem2011
This line of thought is a part of the problem. How about not ignoring issues that we have but engaging in thoughtful dialogue and moving that dialogue into action?? I know it is more uncomfortable than the status quo. However, I care more about our student athletes than just watching them for sport! I hope that you do as well. I am not saying you don't. Just asking you not to be lazy in your thinking...
I am not lazy in my thinking. This is not the forum for these discussions. The ban hammer needs to come down on some of you people. I am damn tired of it. STFU.

This post is astonishing to me. It is not a “racist concept” at all. In all honesty, if factually accurate, it is a question that merits an answer so that the real concept, that of keeping more people alive as a result of less violence, can be better achieved.
It is also incredibly dangerous to make your interpretations someone else’s insinuations. Just because you personally read something some way does not necessarily make it so and it certainly does not supplant the writer’s actual intent with your perceived intent.

Reactions: Goclem2011
Governments or people? Governments can only do so much. Individuals needs to lead change. I live in Charlotte. We pass ourselves off as the beacon of progressiveness, but it's a mirage. White people segregate themselves in South Charlotte where the best schools are, or just send their kids to private schools. Very little diversity in neighborhoods. And while privileged white people love acting woke by protesting at Reardon Park, all hell breaks loose with the first talk of busing or building affordable housing in rich neighborhoods. And full disclosure, I'm a white guy that lives in Southpark
I don’t there is anything wrong with people having a desire to live beside other people of similar socioeconomic status. Do you?

Reactions: TigerGrowls
ADVERTISEMENT