ADVERTISEMENT

Black Lives Matter: Really? Is BLM really concerned about...

So it is racist to say that predominantly black communities need to be part of the solution to fix black communities??
It's ignorant to ignore the work that has been done through state, local and community programs including private and charitable organizations within the community.

Then again the same community is never most people concern's until they need a talking point. People that spew racial ignorance ignore race on race crime is nearly 80% across the board.

Reactions: iceheart08
This post is astonishing to me. It is not a “racist concept” at all. In all honesty, if factually accurate, it is a question that merits an answer so that the real concept, that of keeping more people alive as a result of less violence, can be better achieved.
It is also incredibly dangerous to make your interpretations someone else’s insinuations. Just because you personally read something some way does not necessarily make it so and it certainly does not supplant the writer’s actual intent with your perceived intent.

I was addressing the phrase “black on black crime” in the context of it being used (repeatedly, in a number of scenarios) to discredit the intentions of protestors, as it implies that people’s protesting of police brutality must be disingenuous—after all, “what about murders in Chicago? Shouldn’t they care about that?”

I think you can see how the context, for the reasons I stated originally (that black people as an entire people group are somehow responsible for “black on black crime”) is used as an expression of racist thought.

My interpretation of the phrase is entirely based on context.

Goodness I don’t want him removed from the earth. But expelled yes. He can get a job at breitbart or something he’ll be okay financially. It’s not an either or about justice for those cases you mentioned. I’m commenting on this dude who has exhibited racist language, action, and affiliations in the past. This tweet is just the latest in a long line of racist behavior and should be the last straw imo.

I was addressing the phrase “black on black crime” in the context of it being used (repeatedly, in a number of scenarios) to discredit the intentions of protestors, as it implies that people’s protesting of police brutality must be disingenuous—after all, “what about murders in Chicago? Shouldn’t they care about that?”

I think you can see how the context, for the reasons I stated originally (that black people as an entire people group are somehow responsible for “black on black crime”) is used as an expression of racist thought.

My interpretation of the phrase is entirely based on context.

Context as you interpret it. This may create a loop we can never get out of.

As an aside, you can’t see how an organization and movement called “Black Lives Matter” is going to lend itself to someone raising the statistical questions of black on black crime? That logical step is racist in nature to you? Or it’s only racist in certain circumstances (because that is terrifying)? I don’t think the protester’s intent is disingenuous, far from it, but I do think the stats are relevant and a piece in the broader puzzle.

This thread is a pretty good example of why there can’t be productive dialogue about the topics. If you say something a little different from what I believe, then you’re an idiot and I’m turning you off. There are a few exceptions but not many.

In reality, maybe we’re all just a little ignorant of what or why each other are thinking the way that we do. Some of these issues can surely be aided by things we can do and generate as a society. Accountability in law enforcement and other public service has to be first and foremost. Maybe I’m naive but I don’t think the things I have seen and read that go on in some places would happen in Spartanburg because I know Chuck Wright to be a good man who holds his people accountable. If that’s the case, then these policemen are gonna be less inclined to cross the line.

And there are also more things , IMO, that have to start in the home. I saw where Denzel Washington said something like this “the police aren’t arresting these kids when they’re 7, it’s after the damage is done when we’re trying to address it. Where is that kids father? In jail? Well then where was his father?” I saw a black pastor say “the police aren’t breaking into houses in my neighborhood. White people aren’t killing black men in my neighborhood.”
Sure, we can’t just point to any one aspect of these “issues” and come up with a neat little solution but everyone has to take some responsibility and
Accountability and honestly, it starts in the home. That goes for anyone black, white, Hispanic, etc.

And if we weren’t so scared to talk to each other openly and honestly without being vilified or taken to HR on the job, we could make a whole lot more progress. I’m thankful for the handful of black guys I work with that I’m able to do that with. It makes a huge difference.

One thing that has always stood out to me is that the black men I’ve talked to that are 60 and older don’t want a crutch or someone to blame like some younger people do (and I’m not insinuating that’s all this is because racism and more so prejudice is certainly alive and well in this country). But you know good and well they went through much worse than a 20-30 year old black man has. Ask yourself why that is. Maybe they didn’t have a choice but to do what they had to do to be successful and provide for their families.

Last edited:
BLM as an organization is nothing more than a Democratic shell company bent in funneling money to rich white politicians to keep/gain power.

No. It literally isn't. Please tell us about your extensive knowledge of ActBlue and how it functions.

The root problems for both communities boil down to economic and disintegration of the family unit. I am sure the later is going to draw a knee jerk reaction from you or others on this board. However, if you believe in science and facts, then going to be hard for you to justify or rationalize this away...no meaningful positive change can happen without strengthening the nuclear family.

This is dead on. Look at the official BLM website. “We disrupt the western prescribed nuclear family structure by supporting each other as extended families and ‘villages’ that can collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents and children are comfortable “.

The answer is no! BLM is a terrorist organization bent on distraction! If Black Lives really mattered to them they why do they support abortion? 36% of all abortions are from black women, where is the outcry from BLM? In 2018 the FBI reported 89% of black homicides in America were by black offenders...that’s a fact that so many in the BLM movement ignore. They need to be in Chicago making a difference and giving young black men and women a chance to grow up, to become productive citizens! BLM is a hate organization like ANTIFA and the KKK. Hawk Newsome should be arrested for hate speech and tried for treason with his “burn the system down” comments!!!

Listen, those cops that kill innocent people ( black and white) must be held account, prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law...that’s a fact! But rioting and destroying neighborhoods and businesses will never heal this land and bring unity. If BLM really cared about black life then why destroy black owned businesses? You are costing people their livelihood...but BLM doesn’t care about that at all, all they care about is destruction...another fact!!
No offense but some of this is just stupidity like “Hawk Newsome should be arrested for hate speech and tried for treason with his “burn the system down” comments!!!” Amongst others. Then you started to gain some sense in the second paragraph only to wonder back to stupidity land at the end. Or maybe you just started typing before you read moonlightgrahamcrackers posts and by and large jimmygreenbeans posts.

Context as you interpret it. This may create a loop we can never get out of.

As an aside, you can’t see how an organization and movement called “Black Lives Matter” is going to lend itself to someone raising the statistical questions of black on black crime? That logical step is racist in nature to you? Or it’s only racist in certain circumstances (because that is terrifying)? I don’t think the protester’s intent is disingenuous, far from it, but I do think the stats are relevant and a piece in the broader puzzle.
The way I see it is it’s akin to holding a rally for heart disease and then having people stand up and yelling “but what about diabetes?!”

Just because BLM is interested in the oppression of black people by institutions of power or systems (for instance, police brutality) doesn’t mean that they also must take up the issue of violence within individual communities.

That seems unfair.

Reactions: iceheart08
We need a police database that can flag potential bad cops. If a cop, like the one in Minnesota has a list of red flags and known issues he needs to be removed. The cop and the 3 that were with him were arrested, they will be prosecuted and they will be sentenced...no doubt in my mind about that. But what does destroying a city accomplish? What does defunding the police accomplish? You are punishing millions of innocent people just because you want to tear stuff up...ridiculous!

But what does destroying a city accomplish? Destroying a city gets you heard. MLK said that “I think that we’ve got to see that a riot is the language of the unheard. In numerous cases when blacks have peacefully protest one of a few things happened. Their chants go unheard or pushed to the side a la 45 decides to casually have the national guard move protesters so he could do a photo op. I wish I did have to say this but that was totally his actions were totally disrespectful and in the words of Kelly Bryant it was a slap to the face of every American especially black Americans. If you don’t believe that imagine how you would feel if Obama did that to a group of white Americans peacefully protesting.

What does defunding the police accomplish? This is a newer term for me or way of thinking so I had to do some research and here is what I gathered
To explain why he supports the idea, Isaac Bryan, the director of UCLA's Black Policy Center, points to history: Law enforcement in the South began as slave patrol, a team of vigilantes hired to recapture escaped slaves. Then, when slavery was abolished, police enforced Jim Crow laws -- even the most minor infractions.

And today, police disproportionately use force against black people, and black people are more likely to be arrested and sentenced. I’ll also leave a link a the the bottom

So you are punishing millions of innocent people just because you want to tear stuff up...ridiculous!

So NO they aren’t doing this just to tear stuff up. They are not a bunch of animals. They are fed up. They are acting like most people would if they where treated that same way. If not better.

https://www.afsc.org/blogs/news-and-commentary/6-reasons-why-its-time-to-defund-police

Until the masses wake up to the fact that the puppet masters on both sides democratic and republican are pulling the strings and causing this nothing will ever change.

And even worse the “Democrats” and “Republicans” are nothing more than puppets themselves to the elite.

One can talk in circles and isolate certain scenarios but it’s pointless. This is exactly what they want. They have divided this country on a level never thought possible. If people want to tear shit down then start at the root of the problem.

Anything less is like throwing a fire cracker at a mountain and waiting for it to fall.

Last edited:
The way I see it is it’s akin to holding a rally for heart disease and then having people stand up and yelling “but what about diabetes?!”

Just because BLM is interested in the oppression of black people by institutions of power or systems (for instance, police brutality) doesn’t mean that they also must take up the issue of violence within individual communities.

That seems unfair.

I guess that works if the organization was called something like “Save lives from preventable disease”.

Individuals alone are responsible for their actions - not the culture or system...

This makes no sense what so ever. It should read Individuals are responsible for their actions but environment, the culture, systems, policies, blatant injustices and discrimination’s, segregation’s like residential segregation which help to give Whites all over the nation a wealth advantage through home buying while also prohibiting purchasing, resale and even renting to black Americans of the same homes. Even going so far as to putting these clauses in the home deed. Which system did this ?Our federal housing administration. So please rethink your position.

This makes no sense what so ever. It should read Individuals are responsible for their actions but environment, the culture, systems, policies, blatant injustices and discrimination’s, segregation’s like residential segregation which help to give Whites all over the nation a wealth advantage through home buying while also prohibiting purchasing, resale and even renting to black Americans of the same homes. Even going so far as to putting these clauses in the home deed. Which system did this ?Our federal housing administration. So please rethink your position.
This sounds like you copied it right off CNN. You cannot see the forest for the trees.

sooo, not gonna argue on substance? just gonna call me dumb? that checks out.

Why argue? I’m willing to debate or have a disagreement with you but you don’t seem willing to be open minded enough to listen. At the moment I would have a better chance at discussing it with our cat. Prove me wrong and we can talk.

Reactions: BullsMan20
Got it. So it’s the policies and circumstances that cause blacks to act violently.....so being responsible for ones actions whether wrong or right doesn’t exist in black communities because of others policies and circumstances that others have created.

You do know that the same and/or similar amount of violence happens in white communities. They are less reported, not reported or given a slap on the wrist unless it is serious.

You do know that the same and/or similar amount of violence happens in white communities. They are less reported, not reported or given a slap on the wrist unless it is serious.
Less reported yes. But consider your source. Do you really believe what the vomit spewing media tells you?

Can we just stop with the talk about race on here? This is not helping recruiting one damn bit. In fact, I would almost have to guess that some of you are Gamecocks determined to undermine our recruiting. Jeez...
Because the only thing that’s important is Clemson sports and recruiting right.

Why argue? I’m willing to debate or have a disagreement with you but you don’t seem willing to be open minded enough to listen. At the moment I would have a better chance at discussing it with our cat. Prove me wrong and we can talk.

You are wrong about BLM funnelling any money anywhere and you are wrong about them being a for profit organization.

This is an irrefutable objective truth.

Last edited:
No offense but some of this is just stupidity like “Hawk Newsome should be arrested for hate speech and tried for treason with his “burn the system down” comments!!!” Amongst others. Then you started to gain some sense in the second paragraph only to wonder back to stupidity land at the end. Or maybe you just started typing before you read moonlightgrahamcrackers posts and by and large jimmygreenbeans posts.
No offense taken, I assure you. I don’t expect you to agree, not everyone agrees with the truth.

Reactions: tigergrad03

This is a fundamental misunderstanding of what ActBlue is. It's a payment processor. It doesn't give money directly to campaigns, unless a donor gives to that campaign.

ActBlue is not different than PayPal (other than that they only work with Dems and progressive causes, and the Republicans have their own version, WinRed).

Those numbers represent the amount of money individual donors gave to those campaigns THROUGH ActBlue. Because it's a payment processor.

But what does destroying a city accomplish? Destroying a city gets you heard. MLK said that “I think that we’ve got to see that a riot is the language of the unheard. In numerous cases when blacks have peacefully protest one of a few things happened. Their chants go unheard or pushed to the side a la 45 decides to casually have the national guard move protesters so he could do a photo op. I wish I did have to say this but that was totally his actions were totally disrespectful and in the words of Kelly Bryant it was a slap to the face of every American especially black Americans. If you don’t believe that imagine how you would feel if Obama did that to a group of white Americans peacefully protesting.

What does defunding the police accomplish? This is a newer term for me or way of thinking so I had to do some research and here is what I gathered
To explain why he supports the idea, Isaac Bryan, the director of UCLA's Black Policy Center, points to history: Law enforcement in the South began as slave patrol, a team of vigilantes hired to recapture escaped slaves. Then, when slavery was abolished, police enforced Jim Crow laws -- even the most minor infractions.

And today, police disproportionately use force against black people, and black people are more likely to be arrested and sentenced. I’ll also leave a link a the the bottom

So you are punishing millions of innocent people just because you want to tear stuff up...ridiculous!

So NO they aren’t doing this just to tear stuff up. They are not a bunch of animals. They are fed up. They are acting like most people would if they where treated that same way. If not better.

https://www.afsc.org/blogs/news-and-commentary/6-reasons-why-its-time-to-defund-police
LOL I’m out at Kelly Bryant bro. You have yourself a good night.

No the part about blm

This is source of the idiotic statement that BLM funnels money to Dems, based on the link posted above.it's objectively false and based on zero research. BLM cant legally give money to Dem campaigns. If you give money to blm, BLM keeps it. Again, this is an objective irrefutable truth that the link I posted proves.

Actblue doesn't choose to contribute to Dems the same way that PayPal doesn't choose to give money to whatever retailer you are using PayPal to pay for.

Last edited:
So, when I evaluate the tragic circumstances in the Black community if I recognize that 60% of the armed robberies in our country and 56% of the murders are committed by a people group that represents 13% of our population then I have had a racist thought conceptually and I should not eve think about those facts, right?

Certain facts MUST be ignored, right?

When blacks were being productive this country felt it was a threat to its own existence. Black Wall Street was a thing. What happened? Whites decided to burn it down. Blacks unified again around MLK and had peaceful protests and boycotts and where hosed down with water hoses and attacked by dogs. Who where the culprits the police. 1968 MLK was assassinated by our government only for the start of the mass incarceration movement of the 1970 and 1980. The faked “war on drugs” by Nixon. Has anybody even stop to think how drugs got into black communities in the first place. Blacks owned very little in the first place but was supposed to be able to bring in massive amounts of drugs. Sure. Remember crack is made with cocaine and cocaine has all ways been a rich white drugs. Those drugs were planted with simple instructions. How else would those thugs know how to make crack. At every turn in this evolution there is racism, systemic racism and injustices. Point blank period.

This is a fundamental misunderstanding of what ActBlue is. It's a payment processor. It doesn't give money directly to campaigns, unless a donor gives to that campaign.

ActBlue is not different than PayPal (other than that they only work with Dems and progressive causes, and the Republicans have their own version, WinRed).

Those numbers represent the amount of money individual donors gave to those campaigns THROUGH ActBlue. Because it's a payment processor.

But I got to that website thru the BLM website.

Look, I’m not pretending to be an expert, but everything I’ve researched points to a lot of questionable spending.

Reactions: tigergrad03
But I got to that website thru the BLM website.

Look, I’m not pretending to be an expert, but everything I’ve researched points to a lot of questionable spending.

I'm an expert. You can question BLMspending without parroting talking points that aren't based in truth and that 5 minutes of research would disprove.

BLM is a non profit org that cannot give to Dems. They use ActBlue as a payment processor for donations. So when you go the the BLM ActBlue page and press donate, that money is going to blm, and BLM isn't funnelling that money anywhere, not is ActBlue.

Republicans have an identical website called WinRed. WinRed and ActBlue are both just payment processors. They aren't choosing where money goes, donors are.

The issue is that nobody understands nuance anymore. Everyone gets their talking points from their polo to all party and fall in line, regurgitating the same bull shit over and over.

BLM as an organization is nothing more than a Democratic shell company bent in funneling money to rich white politicians to keep/gain power.

BLM as a movement and ideology is completely warranted IMO. I understand their anger. Their lived experiences speak to racism on many fronts. And something we should absolutely listen to, and do whatever we can to fix.

We have MANY LEO’s who are racist and power hungry. And more accountability is needed. (And MORE funding for training, not less. But I digress.)

Consistently citing black on black crime during this conversation is completely worthless and borderline racially driven.

It is the same argument that the Democratic Party (you know, those bad guys over there) use when discussing abortion. One side says babies in the womb matter, the other side responds with “Well illegal alien lives matter!” and conservatives get angry. But that’s because it isn’t the issue we are discussing.

The issue is police brutality aimed at black people at a significantly higher rate than whites.

Take your emotions out and discuss the actual issue. Listen to the “other side”. It’s actually okay to do so.
The media driven narrative states that police brutality occurs against blacks at a significantly higher rate than it does whites. However the statistics say otherwise. One side is made up of mostly emotional people, the other side is made up of mostly logical thinkers.

The media driven narrative states that police brutality occurs against blacks at a significantly higher rate than it does whites. However the statistics say otherwise. One side is made up of mostly emotional people, the other side is made up of mostly logical thinkers.

Yikes

I am not lazy in my thinking. This is not the forum for these discussions. The ban hammer needs to come down on some of you people. I am damn tired of it. STFU.

you people... that tells me all I need to know about you. This is the forum to talk about almost anything that’s why it is done. What other threads do you bring this stance to?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT